DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:39
ramaries is on a distinguished road
Default Best $200 add-on accessory!

A 7" tablet running this software:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en

And a OBDII bluetooth transmitter; I got mine from amazon.com.

I tested with a Nexus 7. Really cool all the info at your fingertips! You can configure different size and types of guages. I believe I had water coolant temp, trans temp, rpm, accelleration, and a couple of others configured for a test. You can have I think 5 screens of different guages!
I tried to take pics but none of them came out good enough to tell anything. The nexus 7 rests fine in the tray in front of the console leaning against the dash. I was going to find a way to permanently install but this works so well I may not.
Plus added benefit of bluetooth music streaming, wifi email and surfing when at an open wifi; or buy the overpriced RAM wifi or just pair to your phone for free.

The Hisense Sero Pro 7" tablet at walmart for $150 should also work fine although I have not tested it, and it may / may not sit as well in the location I described. Could just leave this one in truck. It will take a 64GB micro SD card for even more music storage.
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2013, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaries View Post
A 7" tablet running this software:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en

And a OBDII bluetooth transmitter; I got mine from amazon.com.

I tested with a Nexus 7. Really cool all the info at your fingertips! You can configure different size and types of guages. I believe I had water coolant temp, trans temp, rpm, accelleration, and a couple of others configured for a test. You can have I think 5 screens of different guages!
I tried to take pics but none of them came out good enough to tell anything. The nexus 7 rests fine in the tray in front of the console leaning against the dash. I was going to find a way to permanently install but this works so well I may not.
Plus added benefit of bluetooth music streaming, wifi email and surfing when at an open wifi; or buy the overpriced RAM wifi or just pair to your phone for free.

The Hisense Sero Pro 7" tablet at walmart for $150 should also work fine although I have not tested it, and it may / may not sit as well in the location I described. Could just leave this one in truck. It will take a 64GB micro SD card for even more music storage.

Cool, can you get oil pressure?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 PM

Will have to check, there is a configuration that allows choosing a whole lot of different measurements but will have to spend a bit of time with it.

From above link:
"It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* MPG
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook"

One caveat is that the bluetooth device I purchased has to be unplugged when you shut down the truck. It is was easy to do but there is a more expensive one that has auto shutoff. I only paid something like $16 for my transmitter. Here is the faster and more expensive transmitter (I may eventually get this so I can leave it plugged in): http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

There are also competing software products; you can install them all (some are made for use with a specific transmitter).

Last edited by ramaries; 05-31-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:43 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Very cool indeed.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QCab
Trim Level: SLT - 8spd 3.55 20"
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic Clear
Rep:368
arietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nice

Ok, now I am interested .. the photos would be great to get an idea of the features.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 AM

If a person already has a tablet it doesn't cost much to play with one of these. $5 for the software, or even try the free version, and cheap transmitter. I found this on newegg for $13: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...XA0M47505-L08B

If a person doesn't yet have a tablet you will be amazed at all that can be done with a 7" tablet. Android software, mostly free, can do so many things now. Before I got the Ram with the 8.4AN I was using the tablet in my truck with copilot GPS software. This works really well.

I am still vacillating back and forth about whether to get a 2nd tablet and just leave it in the truck. That Hisense Sero Pro for $150 is a marvel of technology for the price, and is getting good reviews. It's advantage over the Nexus 7 is that it accepts up to 64GB micro SD card for more music/software storage. The Nexus 7 advantage is that it gets constant operating system updates from Google for the advantage of having the very latest Android operating system always on the device.

Last edited by ramaries; 06-01-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:23 AM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 HD
Color: Red
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Cool, can you get oil pressure?
Just an FYI the current EVIC has a screen that shows fluid temps and has a realtime Oil PSI gauge. It moves up and down like it should with the gas pedal.

2014 2500 HD
aka "Big Red"
Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I have a new samsung 7" galaxy cost me $175 i use to stream movies at work dont tell anyone. I may have to try this out looks cool

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I just ordered the OBDII Bluetooth off Amazon. I haven't done any mods yet other than the K&N drop in filter. I wonder how much things will change after I put on a y-pipe and Magnaflow?
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatr02 View Post
Just an FYI the current EVIC has a screen that shows fluid temps and has a realtime Oil PSI gauge. It moves up and down like it should with the gas pedal.
Not every truck has Evic, some don't, The reason I ask is that other Monitor units like Edge or your tuners like Bully Dog and Diablo dont' get the info from the Oil pressure sensor via the OBDII. Was hoping this one would for some reason.