DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default 12" Sub with stock deck?

So I have 4 alpine type s speakers to install in my Ram which I have been meaning to get around to for months. In the time being I have decided that I would like to install a 12" under the rear seats. Only problem is that I actually like the stock deck and it has everything I need with aux plug and such and I don't like the looks of most aftermarket decks. I know with some vehicles you can run subs with the stock deck, and was just wondering if that is possible with the 3rd gen Rams?
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Yes you can I can't recall right now what the item is called do a search within the forum there is a line item that connects to the factory wiring and you can plug a amp to it to power the sub their for you use your factory radio I have it at home when I get home I'll post the name of it (I'm having a tremendous brain fart right now). Hope this helps you

Wait try this link see if it help you this is what I bought.
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=28

Here is a pic of everything connected:

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqudayo View Post
Yes you can I can't recall right now what the item is called do a search within the forum there is a line item that connects to the factory wiring and you can plug a amp to it to power the sub their for you use your factory radio I have it at home when I get home I'll post the name of it (I'm having a tremendous brain fart right now). Hope this helps you

Wait try this link see if it help you this is what I bought.
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=28

Here is a pic of everything connected:
Sweet thanks a lot Now I just gotta look to see if its compatible with the base level deck.. Or track down the ugraded one.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Sweet thanks a lot Now I just gotta look to see if its compatible with the base level deck.. Or track down the ugraded one.

The radio in the picture was also an upgrade. I upgraded to touch screen, nav, tv, all the toys I used this site they were very good no issues the entire radio is unlocked I've had no issues at all I highly recommend them. and you can use factory connectors and cameras. any questions send me an PM we can talk with any questions you have.

http://oemautopartsco.com/

This one might work for you:
http://oemautopartsco.com/products/r...vigation-radio

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
The radio in the picture was also an upgrade. I upgraded to touch screen, nav, tv, all the toys I used this site they were very good no issues the entire radio is unlocked I've had no issues at all I highly recommend them. and you can use factory connectors and cameras. any questions send me an PM we can talk with any questions you have.

http://oemautopartsco.com/

This one might work for you:
http://oemautopartsco.com/products/r...vigation-radio
Damn that would be a sweet deck to have.. Can't swing that right now though.. I gotta save the cash to pay for school.. I can get subs and speakers pretty cheap from my worker that knows people .. Maybe in the future I can get that deck though.. I wanna get my truck rust protected, bed line-x'd and new headlights before thinking about a deck.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Untamed is on a distinguished road

That pac audio link leads to a discontinued item which seems to be way over priced anyway.

What you are looking for is a "line-out converter".

It splices rca out connections from your rear speaker wires.

Scosche makes a good inexpensive Line-out converter and it is pretty simple to install.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
That pac audio link leads to a discontinued item which seems to be way over priced anyway.

Scosche makes a good inexpensive Line-out converter and it is pretty simple to install.
Alright sweet Thanks.. Gonna have to look around locally to see if I can find any.. If not.. internet here I come.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed View Post

True on the over price part, but it's all plug and play. and if you are getting rid of your truck for some reason just unplug everything and move on. no wires have been cut. and with the complicated wiring system on these truck I opted not to take that chance. there are other people on this forum that used it and it was recommended that's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
True on the over price part, but it's all plug and play. and if you are getting rid of your truck for some reason just unplug everything and move on. no wires have been cut. and with the complicated wiring system on these truck I opted not to take that chance. there are other people on this forum that used it and it was recommended that's my story and I'm sticking to it.....
It does look like a great product for plug and play.. I don't know if it would work with my deck and then see if I can find other places selling it too.. Gotta look into both options more.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Sagebrush
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:87
kkreit01 will become famous soon enough

If you want to power your sub only (and leave speakers on deck power), I'd suggest an AudioControl LC2i.