DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
J Roc is on a distinguished road

I also did it this way, can't believe how incredibly easy it was. It all came off exactly how it did for him, only exception I used goof off for the small amount of residue. All badges removed in 20 minutes.
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2013, 08:08 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4x4 QC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Stone White
Rep:187
dvarn has a spectacular aura aboutdvarn has a spectacular aura about

I'm still up in the air about whether to debadge or not. This thread is much appreciated though, great info
Old 06-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
streetHEMI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarn View Post
I'm still up in the air about whether to debadge or not. This thread is much appreciated though, great info
Same here, my 11 has the single pipe so i am thinking of taking the hemi off or i can leave it and claim the hemi badge makes it go fast prob delete, maybe delete the 1500 and leave the ram or move it down because it takes up half the door lol

Has a slt badge on the tailgate so either
1. Srt in the slt location
2. Lone star either in slt location or under the ram head.

Still not sure on how to delete them so many ways so fishing line and some glue off stuff or 3m eraser wheel
Old 06-18-2015, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
VeghTheHun is on a distinguished road

I'm honestly surprised no one has just used the pressure washer trick.. I worked at a dealership for a long time as the detail guy and removed hundreds of badges from vehicles.. I always came in towards the badge at like a 45 degree angle with a pressure washer from literally like 1 inch away from the badges and it literally peels them off like nothing. Whether it be decals, badges or anything else stuck on the paint. And before you all say something like "yea but you are going to risk peeling the paint off etc etc", not on one single vehicle did the paint peel or flake off even a little bit.
Trust me, try it and you will be amazed how easy it is. sure you get a little wet but in summer who cares.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road
Trim Level: Sport w/Off-Road
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Ramaniac is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing this, good to know. I just de-badged my truck last night, wish I would have known this info, i would have given it a shot and reported back. I used the fishing line, but didn't have the technique down for removing the remaining 3m tape.

The next thing I plan to remove are the decals from the tailgate. Anybody have any suggestions on this? I am thinking I can probably use the same technique, heating and removing, but any tips or tricks to make it go a smooth as possible would be much appreciated. These are the flat decals that Say Dodge & 4 x 4 Off- Road Package and are huge. I am going for the smooth blacked out look on my truck.