DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:41
msorbara10 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking to upgrade stock speakers for 04 ram QC

Well one of my back speakers are ticking and I am thinking I may have blown it out. Anyways I am looking to replace all the speakers with something just a little bit better.

My question is, is there a set of speakers I can get that I could just plug in and replace the factory speakers? How much would a quality set cost me?

Any suggestions? I am not familiar with audio so I would hope that there are speakers that I can plug back in in place of the factory speakers. Not looking to blast music like crazy, just something that high quality sound and will last a long time as well.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:2051
brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm personally a fan of JL audio's C2 speakers. I had them in my last car and have a number of friends running them and they sound great. Very good definition and clarity. As long as you get the right ones they should fit in no problem. Check out www.crutchfield.com. Enter in your truck information and start browsing through the speakers (you can narrow it down to JL if you want too). They'll have all the ones listed that will fit in your truck. I'm not sure what the stock wiring looks like in your truck either but if harness adapters are needed Crutchfield has those too.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:55 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Dark Cherry
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:168
anothernewb has a spectacular aura aboutanothernewb has a spectacular aura about

the kicker OEM replacement kits seem (on paper) like a great idea. as close to plug and play as you can get.

Livin life one truck payment at a time.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Like said above, crutchfield will supply all the connectors to attach to the speakers for the factory harness and tell you what fits in what location.

Ive always been a fan of kicker ds and ks series, alpine type s, and polk (cant think of series right now) speakers and theyre fairly cheap.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM

shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, and if your still running the pos factory stereo, new speakers will sound a little better, but add an afternarket pioneer or kenwood excelon. It will sound 10x better. Alot more power and more fine tuning.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Oh, and if your still running the pos factory stereo, new speakers will sound a little better, but add an afternarket pioneer or kenwood excelon. It will sound 10x better. Alot more power and more fine tuning.
No clue what thoes are haha. Like I said I dont know anything about audio haha
Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks guys I will be looking into all of these. Like I said I would just like to replace eveything and get a little better sound. I have never been into getting a whole system or anything. I listen to country to I just need something slightly better than stock and not looking to blow the doors off haha. I dont the music very loud where I cant talk to the person next to me
Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msorbara10 View Post
No clue what thoes are haha. Like I said I dont know anything about audio haha
Theyre just aftermarket cd players, they will make a huge difference paired with new speakers. Mine cost 89 bucks at best buy. Its a pioneer deh-3500ix, and youll also need a dash kit so the new deck will fit properly(~$15) and a wiring harness. Its easy, just match the colors and crimp them together(~$15).

Crutchfield will tell you everything youll need, including speaker sizes.

Let us know whAt you end up with!!

Old 10-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Kewlbie31 is on a distinguished road

If you want something really clean sounding look at your high end stuff. Focal, Hertz, DLS...etc. Even with a stock deck they sound clean and crisp. Their bottom line speakers compete with your typical audio brand high ends.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:529
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Ive always had good luck with JBL. I love my JBL GTO938 6x9s. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...BL-GTO938.html

reccomended watts is 5-100. So they sound great amped or not. Mine are currently NOT amped (they will be soon) and they sound great

These have now been upgraded to the newer model, which is a bit more expensive, im not sure on the sound quality or quality in general difference. I believe the newer model is the JBL GTO939. The link is somewhere on the Sonic Electronix page as well.

Green Interior LEDs
^^^PLOT TWIST^^^ truck was totaled

Last edited by Thebestestdrummer; 10-14-2013 at 12:49 PM.