DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:99
lbram81 will become famous soon enough
Default Take a look at your exhaust tips

So when I bought my 2013 Express I noticed the passenger side exhaust tip was not flush with the rear bumper like the drivers side tip was. I posted a thread on here about it and seemed I was alone on this with no others having the issue.

Anyways, I ended up loosening the clamps for the passenger pipe and pulled the entire pipe about a half inch or so out of the muffler which made the tip flush with the bumper.

Reason I started this here today is because I was at the dealer the other day and noticed that every Ram on the lot except maybe 5 had the passenger side exhaust tip not flush with the bumper.

Just thought I would share this with the members here. You may be surprised to notice this on yours!

Taylor Swift IS NOT a country singer!
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
pld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbram81 View Post
So when I bought my 2013 Express I noticed the passenger side exhaust tip was not flush with the rear bumper like the drivers side tip was. I posted a thread on here about it and seemed I was alone on this with no others having the issue.

Anyways, I ended up loosening the clamps for the passenger pipe and pulled the entire pipe about a half inch or so out of the muffler which made the tip flush with the bumper.

Reason I started this here today is because I was at the dealer the other day and noticed that every Ram on the lot except maybe 5 had the passenger side exhaust tip not flush with the bumper.

Just thought I would share this with the members here. You may be surprised to notice this on yours!
Looking on Youtube at sound comparisons for Ram exhausts I noticed most tips were really fugged up after changing out the factory muffler.That's why when I changed mine out MOST of my time was spent making sure those damn tips were the same and flush with the bumper.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Mettalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
mineralram has a spectacular aura aboutmineralram has a spectacular aura about

You are not alone on this one, I just got approved to have my Box realigned to the cab, Exhaust tips lined up and rear bumper repostioned. According to Chrysler rep alot of 2013 left the factory with box's that were not square to the cab mine is very noticable in the mirrors.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:00 PM

Vehicle: RAM
Rep:33
Copperhead Ram is on a distinguished road

Mine is a regular cab made in Mexico... they lined mine up perfectly.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 PM
effortless enunciator

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3215
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead Ram View Post
Mine is a regular cab made in Mexico... they lined mine up perfectly.
Same here. However, (and I have no idea how I did not notice this before) when washing my truck last weekend, I slipped my fingers between the rear bumper and the side bed panel on the drivers side to get in there with the wash mitt. When I did this on the passenger side, I noticed my fingers barley fit. Sure enough after comparing them, the bumper is about a 1/4" off center. Not really noticeable, (Hell, it took me 16 months) but I will mention this to my dealer next time I go.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Same here. However, (and I have no idea how I did not notice this before) when washing my truck last weekend, I slipped my fingers between the rear bumper and the side bed panel on the drivers side to get in there with the wash mitt. When I did this on the passenger side, I noticed my fingers barley fit. Sure enough after comparing them, the bumper is about a 1/4" off center. Not really noticeable, (Hell, it took me 16 months) but I will mention this to my dealer next time I go.
You must have fat fingers on the Passenger side
Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:71
daviddup78 will become famous soon enough

i made sure mine was even when i cut the resonators off. all you have to do is adjusted up,down,left and right of the tip is unscrew the bolt clamp some and fix and then tighten back up and BOOM your done

Old 09-27-2013, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Mine are flush, built in Michigan.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Well if you get the chance to straighten your tail pipes on your own, if you are one to prefer following specs, I believe the minimum spacing distance between tailpipe and bumper is 1" or 25mm. Just for those who want to know.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 PM
effortless enunciator

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3215
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
You must have fat fingers on the Passenger side
Oh, I DID use different hands!