DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all
Default 2014 alarm keeps going off...

Hey guys,

My alarm has gone off on it's own several times in the last few weeks. Each time it is after I have armed it, and walked away .. within 2 minutes to 5 minutes roughly, the alarm will go off.

I just hit the unlock and that stops it. ***I'm not sure if there is a way to clear the fault and reset the alarm or not. By hitting unlock to stop it and then re-arming it I lose the ability to remote start it the very next time I try.

It did it 4 times today!

1) When I got to work, and got into base. I was 200' away when someone came up to me to tell me it was going off.

2) I arrived home, armed it and before I could get 10' it was going off.

3) Locked it manually from the door controls, walked inside, and my wife could hear it going off.

4) Unlock it, re-arm it and within 60 seconds tops it was going off again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Rep:98
TJC.geotech will become famous soon enough

I had my alarm go off once with an completely unexpected series of events. I had to open the doors and start the truck with the key for it to stop. I've also had the doors refuse to lock / unlock a couple of times.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:16
Philpaint is on a distinguished road

Never happened to me
Old 03-07-2014, 08:47 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Stop pissing off the neighborhood kids and they'll stop throwing snowballs at your truclk, setting the alarm off.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

first thought i had after reading the topic header was kids playing with you

Seriously though
If you have the Passive Entry System, there are several things that would make your Ram do what you explained
I just looked at the manual online
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...cm7fVDm0bsANVw

My '09 i just close the door & lock it using my FOB, the alarm sets itself, blue light flashes on the EVIC
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-07-2014, 11:35 PM
R A M M S T E I N

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC Hemi
Trim Level: Sportabulous
Rep:580
RAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to allRAM357 is a name known to all

Believe me I wish it was as simple as kids messing around.

I think I figured it out!

Yesterday I saw my speedo was out 3%, and I KNOW I had programmed in 37's in the Trinity so I programmed 38" to see if that would manifest a change. It did NOT. I knew something was wrong after that and within a few blocks of driving off after that I realized I had NO speedo any longer and therefore nearly no power steering.

I tried reinstalling the 87 tune to no effect. Next I called Diablo support - "have you tried disconnecting the battery for 2 minutes?".

Damn, hadn't thought of that. Tried it and it worked like a charm.

Diablo support also said something to the effect that the re-calibrated tire size was in a module that would be reset by disconnecting the battery. Re-installing the tune wouldn't help. And went on to say that if I experience odd problems like this after installing a tune I should again disconnect the battery.

By doing so, my speedo came back online .. steering became nimble again, and low and behold my alarm has NOT acted up again since!

Done ... ghost in the machine 0, Var 1

Var

* 2014 RAM Sport CC* BDS 6" Suspension* Fox 2.5 Coil-over front * Fox 2.0 rear & Pro-Ride 3" coil* 3.92 Gearing* Fuel hostages in 20x9 +1
37x12.5R20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT2
* Diablo Sport Trinity T1000 * Cabin Air Filter
* ARH LT headers * Magnaflow catback/5" tips * 87mm Ported TB * Moroso Polished Catch Can*_QTP_electric_cutout_&_3"_turn_down * Legmaker Short Ram * S&B custom filter * Outerwears Pre-filter * Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau

Old 03-08-2014, 12:32 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM357 View Post
Believe me I wish it was as simple as kids messing around.

I think I figured it out!

Yesterday I saw my speedo was out 3%, and I KNOW I had programmed in 37's in the Trinity so I programmed 38" to see if that would manifest a change. It did NOT. I knew something was wrong after that and within a few blocks of driving off after that I realized I had NO speedo any longer and therefore nearly no power steering.

I tried reinstalling the 87 tune to no effect. Next I called Diablo support - "have you tried disconnecting the battery for 2 minutes?".

Damn, hadn't thought of that. Tried it and it worked like a charm.

Diablo support also said something to the effect that the re-calibrated tire size was in a module that would be reset by disconnecting the battery. Re-installing the tune wouldn't help. And went on to say that if I experience odd problems like this after installing a tune I should again disconnect the battery.

By doing so, my speedo came back online .. steering became nimble again, and low and behold my alarm has NOT acted up again since!

Done ... ghost in the machine 0, Var 1

Var
Voonderbar! Thanks for the update, Var.