DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
tonneaucovered.com
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Outdoorsman
Rep:10
zinc69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ySt4lK3r View Post
FORD= Found On Road Dead... Just saying... If you go RAM welcome to the large family here.
or FORD = F*@$ed over rebuild dodge

i have a 14 outdoorsman fully loaded with the v6and its really, really nice. only thing i wish i could have gotten is push button start and auto climate control

highway i get 22-25 overall average 19
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
mreed1491 is on a distinguished road

I just got my 2014 Bighorn Hemi 8 speed with 3.21 Gears. I'm getting 16 in town and one road trip I got 22 with the cruise set at 77. You Might want to take another look at the Hemi.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:27
Jrewing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreed1491 View Post
I just got my 2014 Bighorn Hemi 8 speed with 3.21 Gears. I'm getting 16 in town and one road trip I got 22 with the cruise set at 77. You Might want to take another look at the Hemi.
I got a 2013 Bighorn Hemi 8 speed with 3.21 4wd. I took a 500 mile trip on the interstate with cruise control on and got 20.7 mpg. Took a 400 mile trip on 2 lane road and got 24.2 doing 58-60 mph and on cruise control.
If I don't use cruise control, I lose about one mpg.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:16 AM
REVEL PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Revel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to beholdRevel Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
The only real issue that I could see being carried over from 2013 to the 14 Ram is the radio thing. There are a lot of complaints of radio issues here on this site but compared to how many were produced at large... that is very few.

I don't think Ram really had any MAJOR hiccups minus the rear axle ratio's being incorrect on window stickers in 2013.

If it were me I would buy the Longhorn with the Hemi/8 Speed and carry on. You will NEVER love the 2 MPG you get more with the V6 over all of the options and luxury you get with the higher trims. Leather, passive keyless entry, push button start, heated seats/steering wheel and cooled seats. The list goes on for creatures comforts. I honestly could care less about MPG's at that point.

You are buying a truck.. it won't get great MPG's but you certainly aren't getting bad MPG's. My 2001 Ram got bad MPG's.

Just for the record I am driving a 2009 Ram with 70k on the clock.. the first of it's model year. It has been flawless for me. These newer Ram's, in my opinion, are much better built and more reliable.

Do yourself a favor and buy the nice loaded Ram and be happy.
I am going to have to agree with with this ^^^

Old 09-28-2013, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
The only real issue that I could see being carried over from 2013 to the 14 Ram is the radio thing. There are a lot of complaints of radio issues here on this site but compared to how many were produced at large... that is very few.

I don't think Ram really had any MAJOR hiccups minus the rear axle ratio's being incorrect on window stickers in 2013.

If it were me I would buy the Longhorn with the Hemi/8 Speed and carry on. You will NEVER love the 2 MPG you get more with the V6 over all of the options and luxury you get with the higher trims. Leather, passive keyless entry, push button start, heated seats/steering wheel and cooled seats. The list goes on for creatures comforts. I honestly could care less about MPG's at that point.

You are buying a truck.. it won't get great MPG's but you certainly aren't getting bad MPG's. My 2001 Ram got bad MPG's.

Just for the record I am driving a 2009 Ram with 70k on the clock.. the first of it's model year. It has been flawless for me. These newer Ram's, in my opinion, are much better built and more reliable.

Do yourself a favor and buy the nice loaded Ram and be happy.
I 3rd this comment! I have a fully loaded Sport (didn't get the air suspension...should have though) with the Hemi and 3.92's and consistently get over 20 mpg with her...and I exercise the Hemi!!!! Oh and the longer the run the better the fuel economy gets with them.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:36 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Befween a ram and silverado would be tough. I do like the 14 silverados alot more than the 07-13s, but theyre still not as nice as the ram. Inside and out. The new 8 spd with 3.21 gears get fairly good gas mileage. I juat got back from vacation and i have a rcsb hemi 6 spd, i avg about 17-18 but i was loaded down with a quad in the back a few other things on the way there, plus it was a little windy. and alot of 80+ mph driving on the back home. Id imagine id get a solid 20 if i drove better and lost the wieght.

As for gas, i use 89 most of the time, and try to get 100% gas when its not too high, at times around here it can be 30+ cents higher than the 10% crap that i lose ~2 mpg with.

In the end, do what makes you happy. But we sure would like to see you join us and post up a pic of nice new ram in your driveway!!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 09-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1970 Charger R/T
mnguy55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
What kind of mileage were you getting in the Ecoboost? These new hemis are getting fairly good mileage as well, especially if you drive it nice. I wouldn't necessarily rule that option out yet.

Take a look at the Laramie Limited trim level as well. It's even a step above the Longhorn IMO as it's all black and a lot more classy.

At work I have a new ecoboost 2013 f 150 Supercab 4X4 with 3.73 gears. It has about 1500 miles on it. I've checked the MPG a couple times (manual) on trips on 2 lane rural 55 MPH highways where I'm driving about 58 and it gets about 21 MPG. Not bad for 3.73 but not as good as I expected on a lower speed rural highway.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Befween a ram and silverado would be tough. I do like the 14 silverados alot more than the 07-13s, but theyre still not as nice as the ram. Inside and out. The new 8 spd with 3.21 gears get fairly good gas mileage. I juat got back from vacation and i have a rcsb hemi 6 spd, i avg about 17-18 but i was loaded down with a quad in the back a few other things on the way there, plus it was a little windy. and alot of 80+ mph driving on the back home. Id imagine id get a solid 20 if i drove better and lost the wieght.

As for gas, i use 89 most of the time, and try to get 100% gas when its not too high, at times around here it can be 30+ cents higher than the 10% crap that i lose ~2 mpg with.

In the end, do what makes you happy. But we sure would like to see you join us and post up a pic of nice new ram in your driveway!!!

One issue I have with Ram is the 89 octane and that they wont say it's OK to burn E15 in the Hemi. I think that is pathetic BS. It probably runs fine on 87 octane E15. I think E15 is coming, at least where I live.

The biggest thing for me is comfort as I have a really bad back. Ram has a better seat but the seat in the 2014 Silverado is much better than the 07-13 GM, pretty close to the Ram. Where GM got it right is a telescoping column option onthe 2014. I have long legs and with my bad back I have to lean the seat back slightly which means I have to have my knees almost touching the dash to reach the steering wheel. That inch or two of telescoping column on the GM makes a big difference to me.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

A telescoping wheel would be nice, i had on in my 04 mazda6i and made thangs alot more comfotable.

As for the e15 youll get worse mileage then e10, no matter the vehicle. It just in the way it burns, so it wouldnt benifit you to use it. And the hemi will run fine on 87, it just runs a little better on 89, imo.
Some people say they cant tell a difference and only run 87
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 09-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

The concern I have is that E10 is mandatory around my area and I've heard that may be bumped to E15 in which case if I buy a Hemi I wont be able to get gas that doesnt void the warranty.