DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: express
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
2013express is on a distinguished road

i would get the hemi the milage is as good as the ford ecoboost I've got a 2013 qc express I'm getting a consistant 19 combined city and hiway and 22 on the hiway only which is better than some friends on mine with the ecoboost. the hemi is awesome and has tons of power dont get me wrong if you use the gas peddle it can drink gas but if you watch how you drive its better than the v6 ford has
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:40
titanman2789 is on a distinguished road

The Ecoboost "problem" with the shuttering in high humidity/flooring the gas pedal is from the intercooler working "too well". This was told to my father-in-law straight from the head engineer in Dearborn, MI. They are well aware of the problem, so I don't exactly know why they'd have to send an engineer down to look at the OP's truck as if it's not happening across the board.

My father-in-law avoids mashing the gas pedal in high humidity and rainy conditions, but can easily recreate the same scenario discussed here if he wanted to. Best thing to do is to avoid putting the pedal down hard in the wet and just drive it easy.
But for the OP, I guess if you want to get rid of the Ford for a less powerful V6, then go for it. Why not go for the EcoDiesel? So what if you don't have 365 or 300 HP....240 HP with 420 lb-ft TQ is going to be way more than enough to move that half ton well. It's going to get better fuel economy than the Ecoboost and probably have better reliability as long as you don't just drive around town in it. Gotta get the new diesels out on the highway or tow with it so you can burn off that soot in the DPF without a regen mode
Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

Here is my current situation folks. I would like some input and opinions from some of you.

The dealer where I purchased my ford made an offer to me. He offered to buy back my truck for $2500 less than what I paid for it. He said I could trade it to another dealer and he would give me a letter saying he would buy it for that certain amount. I found a new dodge, but its far away. What i would have to do is sell my truck back, then go up to the dodge dealer and buy the new one. With that deal I will be out that $2500, plus the taxes I paid. When I gothe dodve dealer ill have to pay the full taxes on the new vehicle. So basically, because of Forss screw up, I will be losing approximately $5,000 - $6,000 because of the loss and the taxes.

Should I take that deal or should I sue, or what??
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

I would see what the Dodge dealer would offer you for your Ford. In Arizona, you only pay taxes on the difference so say the Dodge is $40,000 and they give you $35,000 for your Ford you would only pay taxes on $5,000. I would at least make the trip to find out what they would give you especially if they know you are serious about buying from them.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:46 PM

Color: Black
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
I would see what the Dodge dealer would offer you for your Ford. In Arizona, you only pay taxes on the difference so say the Dodge is $40,000 and they give you $35,000 for your Ford you would only pay taxes on $5,000. I would at least make the trip to find out what they would give you especially if they know you are serious about buying from them.
Dodge dealer offered me about $7500 less than what I paid for it. So that definitely sucks. Maybe im wrong about this, but I just dont feel that I should have ANY loss at all. Ford sold me a truck that they knew had issues. They cant even fix it. How should it be my fault and why should I take any loss. I just dont really know what to do. The dodge I want is only about $4K more than what I paid for my Ford. But its going to cost me about $8-9K more to get into it. Just seems way wrong to me...
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: sxt
Color: black
Rep:30
mmateri is on a distinguished road

i was a salesman for ford in edmonton for 5 years, i ran the used car deptartment, i dealt alot with finance, and sub prime finance, if you guys have any questions on buying cars, just message me
Old 10-18-2013, 04:19 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
Trim Level: Laramie Quad Cab
Color: Bright Silver - PS2
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
CBR Dude is on a distinguished road

Randy W,

The lemon process is very easy. Don't sweat it!

I'm in VA and the laws differ from state to state.

We had a brand new VW Touareg Executive TDI retails for $64K.

Three days into ownership it began it's demise. We lemoned it. In VA you can either hire an attorney or use arbitration. The attorney haggles with the manufacture over the fee and the arbitrator gets a flat fee pre determined. Either way nothing out of pocket.

You get all your money back less miles and those are up for haggling too! They take care of everything, meaning loans, tag and title work, everything.

If you have done any mods to the truck save or dig up your receipts for reimbursement. Stuff that's bolted or screwed on CAN NOT be removed otherwise you will be fined (less money given back). You are required to still make payments, insure and maintain the vehicle during the process. You will have to sign papers agreeing to the process before you surrender the vehicle.

We bought in May of 2012 and lemoned in August 2012 and surrendered in November 2012!

Also DO NOT take any concessions!! Otherwise you forfeit your rights! Concessions are: FREE Extended Warranties, Payments to the lien holder, payments to SiriusXM for loss of use, ect... We were offered all these and loaner too for the life of ownership! It's not worth the hassle. We had many issues not just the EGR and AdBlue.

Get all communications in writing... Document everything. Make yourself a spread sheet showing time, date in and out, problem reported, problem fixed, mileage, ect. DO NOT keep any papers in the glove box nor surrender any original RO's to anyone! Always give them copies.

We got all our money back less 1500 bucks for miles. VW did send us the 1500 bucks as a sorry it was a PITA!! Never again in a VW!

My two brothers have both done their Toyota's. They both did collateral exchanges vs. going to a different brand.

We were offered that too, but council said we were better off changing brands.

VW did not buck anything! We were off the road 90 plus days total in the end. The rental bill alone was a killer.

Good luck!!

Last edited by CBR Dude; 10-18-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:41
cnvf250 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
I tried to send you a PM, but I'm new here and haven't made enough posts in order to be able to send messages to people. I hope you get this:

Hey man, I just read your post about you having the ecoboost problem and sueing. What all did you sue for, what were you able to get back out of it?

Mine's been in the shop twice so far. They replaced the intercooler first go around. Just picked it up today after the second trip, with a piece of paper saying they tried everything and were unable to fix it. I think it's been in the shop a total of about 14 days. I'm not quite sure what to do. I don't know if it's worth getting a lawyer, or just taking the damn thing to dodge to trade and order my new RAM. Got any pointers? Also, how long did the whole process take?

I've only got 9,900 miles on the EcoBoost, and have had it 5 months so far.
Sorry for the late reply. It took me from February to August to finally get a settlement from Ford. They basically gave me my money back that I had financed plus money to cover all of the aftermarket accessories. Not to mention all of the legal fees.

I had a turbo go bad, It developed a horrible lag, Kept getting oil on one of the map sensors. Had a evaporation chamber fill full of fuel. Service guy and Ford tried to blame that on the way I put fuel in the gas tank. It stalled twice, Even with the intercooler problem "fixed" I still had issues. IT would blow black smoke out of the exhaust like a a diesel followed by white smoke. That would go away after 10 minutes or so. Can't sue over this part, but my MPG sucked. IT was so bad on the interstate one time the best I could get was 14.3mpg. That part was made significantly better when they fixed the evap chamber.

The whole thing was too bad. It is a wonderful truck. I haope the Laramie will give me years of trouble free service.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Have you considered getting screwed by Chevy?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew
Color: Granite
Rep:114
TJC.geotech will become famous soon enoughTJC.geotech will become famous soon enough

This is what was happening to the ecoboosts, and the air to air intercooled VW's, ( since both have been mentioned ). During cool humid operation, the moisture was forming ice, and then passing through the motor when it thawed. That's why they recommend driving them with a heavy foot at least once a day.