DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: pink
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
imazman is on a distinguished road
Default Latest 8.2A radio upgrade to 13.19.00 broke Voice Recognition

Well I took my RAM into dealer mentioning that my radio lost the Performance Information gauges. They said they will upgrade it from 13.10.02 to the latest version and I can check if it fixed it. Well , 2 hrs later the finished, and it didnt bring it back. I explained what was missing, and they said they never heard of such an option...they said it must have been an engineering screen (yet it showed up when they upgraded radio to 13.10.02).
Anyway, I left dealer 2 hrs later and worse off because now my radio has no voice recognition!!!!!!
Yes, they upgraded radio to 13.19.00 and I cant use voice for anything...not even "help"...it just waits silently for several minutes.

Why do I find myself angry at both the dealership AND Chrysler Group, when I know its wrong to feel this way toward both!?

/Z/
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

You were never meant to have the performance gauges. They are for SRT vehicles only according to Uconnect's Website. Since it is the same radio used in several SRT vehicles, the SRT guages will oftentimes show up until the radio has had a chance to communicate back and forth to Chrysler with the vehicle information. Once it determines that it isn't an SRT vehicle the SRT gauges will go away. I've had them on mine twice. Once when my Ram was delivered new, they lasted a couple of days, the 2nd time was when I performed a software upgrade. I can't remember to which version. Again, they only lasted a couple of days then disappeared. Since they appeared to work on my Ram, it would be nice if Chrysler would just unlock them but they would have to modify the software for them to work properly since there were some gauged that didn't work.

As for the voice recognition, try resetting your radio by holding your temperature UP/Down arrow(s) for a few seconds. I haven't tried it but there are several people here recommending it to fix various issues that randomly pop up. Since the voice recognition worked with an earlier version of software, it should work with the latest. I've upgraded mine each time a new version came out (I'm on my 3rd or 4th upgrade now) and it has never broken anything, just improved some things.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: pink
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
imazman is on a distinguished road

Tx I will give reset a try. However I just read that there has been 13.29 and 13.31...so why in the word would a dealership make me wait 2 hrs for a software upgrade and it isnt even the latest! Here's a list of dealer issues:
-- tried to sell me truck with ping
-- said thump in rear is normal operation
-- performed oil change and 3 qts oil ran out while driving
-- made me wait 2 hrs for software upgrade and its not the lastest
-- never even heard of SRT Performance Information app (and they sell all kinds of Dodge products)

This dealer hires IDIOTS!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
RamFreak13 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Sorry that you have had trouble, I had the exact same problem with my radio after the software upgrade. The only way to fix the VR is to reload the upgrade a 2nd time, that will fix your VR for sure. I had read about that problem after my upgrade and sure enough when I tried to use VR it didn't work. That is the only fix I am aware of, I didn't go back to the dealer for the reload I just downloaded it and did it myself.
Good luck!