Soft popping sound...suspension or drivetrain????
Did a "search" and posted originally in Interior forum. 2012 Ram Hemi QuadCab. 40,000 miles.The sound appears to be coming from the driver side dash. Windows are rolled up. Cannot hear it when windows are down....too much wind/road noise.
ADDED: SOUNDS LIKE WATER DRIPPING FROM A LEAKY FAUCET.
Revised list from Interior forum:
1. Occurs at all outside summer temperatures.
2. Water temperature 199-203 degrees
3. Radio off.
4. Air-conditioning either off or on.
5. Noticeable on very smooth roads. As a matter of fact, if I am driving on a rough surface I cannot hear it. Too much road noise
6. Occurs when driving in a straight line. No turning involved. However on a rough gravel surface I can sometimes hear a suspension "crunch" when making a sharp turn at an intersection...but not every time.
7. Most often occurs at speeds over 40 mph. Popping increases with speed.
8. Occurs both under power and when coasting...even in neutral
9. Truck must be moving for sound to occur. Not affected by engine rpm.
Again, this popping sound is quite soft. It is going to be a hard one for a tech to find. Sure would appreciate some suggestions before I head to my dealer's service department.
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's
Last edited by tguil; 08-03-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Reason: Added description of sound