DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:69
The Hemster will become famous soon enough

I guess I'm alone here because I like the new Chevy trucks. They are boxy but they remind me of my Dads's 77 Silverado that I got to drive as my first vehicle. The new Tundras look nicer in person, I test drove one. The Tundra just feels odd to drive, like it's out of proportion or something. It can out haul any 3/4 tons, but it wasn't comfortable to drive. Everyone I know with a chevy that's over 70,000 miles has an interior that's falling apart. Dodge ain't perfect, but the Ram is a great all around truck. I'm not surprised that sales are increasing.

Last edited by The Hemster; 10-02-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2013, 11:41 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

I too am not a big fan of the chevy's or gmc I just can not get over how square the wheel wells are, wheels are round wheel wells should be rounded as well, JMO

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
I too am not a big fan of the chevy's or gmc I just can not get over how square the wheel wells are, wheels are round wheel wells should be rounded as well, JMO

Thanks
Jeremiah

With how boxy the rest of the truck is, I'm surprised they didn't make the wheels square too!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Tundra in person actually looks worse than in a photo to me but both looks really bad .
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

The spiral of death started when they closed shop on Olds and Pontiac. Really!?? If you can get your hands on some old school Firebird, Transam, 442, Cutlas, GTO, go for it. Going to worth some bucks. They kept Buick? Can someone please explain? Other than the Grand National I got nothing.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:32 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM59 View Post
The spiral of death started when they closed shop on Olds and Pontiac. Really!?? If you can get your hands on some old school Firebird, Transam, 442, Cutlas, GTO, go for it. Going to worth some bucks. They kept Buick? Can someone please explain? Other than the Grand National I got nothing.
I am not sure I understand it either, I have never seen anything to interesting from Buick myself either...

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Buick was the first car GM ever produced later buying Olds out and adding the rest later may be why they kept Buick is what some body said back when they were broke.

We bought a 2012 Cruze Turbo loaded with Sport Tires for wife. It has 25k on it no issues at all runs excellent. She loves it. Its a camel not needing much for gas!! Almost 40 mpg.

The Chevy truck needs updated more but not a bad truck.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST/Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:113
Billacuda will become famous soon enoughBillacuda will become famous soon enough

Buick is a huge money maker for GM. It costs the same to make them as a Chevy, but they are marked up for the old people that buy them and are looking for a familiar name.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

I'm not surprised at all by that one month snapshot report. They were kicking 2013's out the door in late summer with some decent discounts--that would have sucked away a lot of potential buyers before september rolled around. Then they thought the 2014's which were starting to really hit the lots nationwide in September were all that--not discounting them one penny--while Dodge in particular and others had some deep discounts still available in late summer into September.

Tell me were they stack up next spring, or even late this fall--a one month snapshot on a brand new just introduced model doesn't say much.

Buick has been almost like caddilac in that GM rolls it's newest and best out in them first before they hit chevy. Popular around here with the well to do retiree crowd, those that won't look at an acura or lexus. Now that pontiac and olds are gone they aren't setting them up with the soft suspension all the time either. They aren't designed for the track but the buick-only cars are pretty nice rides these days, IMO.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
CanuckShooter is on a distinguished road

I traded a GM truck on my Ram...if GM doesn't treat you right when you drive one of their trucks, you learn to not buy another one. EVER