DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:10
persuazion is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer trying to screw me...........or not?

Okay guys I'm pretty sure I have a leak in my evaporator. The ac went out...I put a can in and it pretty much poured out of the drain tube in the firewall and lasted maybe 1 day. From what I read this can only be the evap and I was quoted 8 hours at 110.00 an hour just for labor. I know the part is not that expensive. I asked about also replacing the heater core since its a 2008 and I did not want to have to pay to pull the dash out again if that were to go out. They said it would be about 2 hours more to replace that with the evap. Now aren't these two parts RIGHT next together? Why would it take an additional 2 hours to change the heater core after they change the evaporator. Also , they want to do a full ac diagnostic at 144.00 before any work is done to confirm the evap leak. Southern Texas sucks with no ac but getting screwed over for costs sucks even more. Anybody in the Houston area that if familiar with changing these out want to make some extra money?
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2015, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
xxaler is on a distinguished road

You're better off than me. 2011 ram dealership quoted me 11 hours labor for my evap @120/hr. Local shop said he would do it $650 cash.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:10
persuazion is on a distinguished road

Yikes! I'm looking at those DIY ac's made from coolers and fans on youtube right now lol.