DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 PM
redlightmike redlightmike is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 35
Posts: 355
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express RCSB
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:36
redlightmike is on a distinguished road
Default

Ive been in contact with my salesman about a crew cab 4wd for a couple weeks. He sent me a text yesterday saying that the new "sale" starts tuesday and should be a good time to buy. He said that the 0% financing is back plus rebates although he didnt know the number on the rebates. Im sure he wasnt supposed to tell me all that but we are racing buddies and ive bought my last three trucks from him so maybe he is just looking out. Anyways, im hoping there are some decent rebates to go along with the 0 financing so i can finally buy a crew cab .. im really trying to figure out all this "dealer cost" vs. " dealer invoice" vs "holdback" etc. so i can go for the best deal possible and maybe get some cash for taxes and all.The truck im looking at has a sticker price of 36,xxx. I have about 3 grand positive equity in my trade and hoping to finance around 29k after all is said and done.. guess we will see what happens tuesday!
__________________

2012 Express RCSB..2/4 belltech drop, 22s,tonneau cover, 4.10s, true duals with x and magnaflows,vararam air grabber,180 tstat, 2800 circle d, diablosport trinity....headers and ported tb(coming soon)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #102  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Blackhawk13's Avatar
Blackhawk13 Blackhawk13 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio
Age: 37
Posts: 581
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:36
Blackhawk13 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightmike View Post
Ive been in contact with my salesman about a crew cab 4wd for a couple weeks. He sent me a text yesterday saying that the new "sale" starts tuesday and should be a good time to buy. He said that the 0% financing is back plus rebates although he didnt know the number on the rebates. Im sure he wasnt supposed to tell me all that but we are racing buddies and ive bought my last three trucks from him so maybe he is just looking out. Anyways, im hoping there are some decent rebates to go along with the 0 financing so i can finally buy a crew cab .. im really trying to figure out all this "dealer cost" vs. " dealer invoice" vs "holdback" etc. so i can go for the best deal possible and maybe get some cash for taxes and all.The truck im looking at has a sticker price of 36,xxx. I have about 3 grand positive equity in my trade and hoping to finance around 29k after all is said and done.. guess we will see what happens tuesday!
I'm not sure if you were asking or not but I was assuming you were.

Dealer Cost = Mythical number you'll NEVER know unless your best friend is the General Manager of a dealership and trusts you implicitly! Seriously though, every dealer's actual cost is different based on volume etc. but you'll never know this number.

Invoice = You already probably know you can get this on Edmunds, TrueCar or NADA among others

Holdback = Very easy. Take MSRP of whatever Chrysler vehicle you want then subtract destination. Take that and multiply by 3% (0.03) and you'll have your holdback. Aim for half of the holdback but as you can see from my current example, sometimes you could get it all and then some. Good luck and tell us how it goes!
__________________
Current: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 CC 6'4"
Current: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Past: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie RWD CC 5'7"
Past: 2009 Infiniti G37S RWD
Past: 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe
Past: 2006 Mazda 3S GT Sedan
Past: 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT+ 4X4 QC (SEMA TRUCK)
Past: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
Past: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Sedan
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 AM
nhra nhra is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: chicago,ill
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Crew Cab Granite Crystal
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
nhra is on a distinguished road
Default

Blackhawk, all this info is fine and dandy but the dealers around here will not play this game as I have tried and no one responded. With all the info you gave what was the msrp and what are your actual $$ numbers that you are looking at to purchase, just for reference.( Meaning % off.) What are you going to do with your trade in. Most dealers will not give you anything near what its actualy worth.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Blackhawk13's Avatar
Blackhawk13 Blackhawk13 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio
Age: 37
Posts: 581
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:36
Blackhawk13 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra View Post
Blackhawk, all this info is fine and dandy but the dealers around here will not play this game as I have tried and no one responded. With all the info you gave what was the msrp and what are your actual $$ numbers that you are looking at to purchase, just for reference.( Meaning % off.) What are you going to do with your trade in. Most dealers will not give you anything near what its actualy worth.
nhra,

There are 45 dealers in a 50 mile radius from downtown Chicago. I guarantee you some of them will reply. Keep trying I promise this works especially in big cities. Here's the numbers so far on my negotiations still on going.

2014 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 Crew Cab 149in WB 6ft4in Box w/HEMI V8 8spd
Convenience Group
3.92
Protection Group
Trailer Tow Group
Air Suspension 4-Corner
RamBox
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Power Sunroof
Single CD

Total MSRP = $56,130
Invoice = $51,181
Holdback = $1648

Best Offer to date is $49,282 w/o incentives
Current incentives ($1000 USAA, $1500 Consumer Cash, $500 SW Bonus Cash) would be $46,282

Best Offer currently without any incentives is 12.2% off MSRP
Current incentives would make it 17.5% off MSRP.

To put it further into perspective, my current best offer is below FFP (Friends and Family Pricing) and $726 above EP (Employee Pricing) BEFORE any rebates are applied. I hope this answers your questions?
__________________
Current: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 CC 6'4"
Current: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Past: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie RWD CC 5'7"
Past: 2009 Infiniti G37S RWD
Past: 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe
Past: 2006 Mazda 3S GT Sedan
Past: 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT+ 4X4 QC (SEMA TRUCK)
Past: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
Past: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Sedan
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:21 AM
Blackhawk13's Avatar
Blackhawk13 Blackhawk13 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio
Age: 37
Posts: 581
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:36
Blackhawk13 is on a distinguished road
Default

As for my trade, I will most likely sell it privately which I'm fine with. I've sold 5 of previous vehicles privately and traded in 2. The dealer has to blow me away or some combination of the tax advantage and a trade-in rebate would have to make it worth my while. It has happened before but I'm not counting on it. I own my Ram free and clear so it will not be a show stopper in negotiations.
__________________
Current: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 CC 6'4"
Current: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Past: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie RWD CC 5'7"
Past: 2009 Infiniti G37S RWD
Past: 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe
Past: 2006 Mazda 3S GT Sedan
Past: 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT+ 4X4 QC (SEMA TRUCK)
Past: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
Past: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Sedan
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:23 AM
HAKSAW46 HAKSAW46 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Black Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
HAKSAW46 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightmike View Post
Ive been in contact with my salesman about a crew cab 4wd for a couple weeks. He sent me a text yesterday saying that the new "sale" starts tuesday and should be a good time to buy. He said that the 0% financing is back plus rebates although he didnt know the number on the rebates. Im sure he wasnt supposed to tell me all that but we are racing buddies and ive bought my last three trucks from him so maybe he is just looking out. Anyways, im hoping there are some decent rebates to go along with the 0 financing so i can finally buy a crew cab .. im really trying to figure out all this "dealer cost" vs. " dealer invoice" vs "holdback" etc. so i can go for the best deal possible and maybe get some cash for taxes and all.The truck im looking at has a sticker price of 36,xxx. I have about 3 grand positive equity in my trade and hoping to finance around 29k after all is said and done.. guess we will see what happens tuesday!

In my opinion you should easily be able to get a truck with a sticker of 36,xxx for 29k. I just bought one with a sticker of $39,800 for $30,100.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:42 AM
nhra nhra is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: chicago,ill
Posts: 206
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Crew Cab Granite Crystal
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
nhra is on a distinguished road
Default

I got 18% off the truck that I bought 3 weeks ago, and had them give me 7k for my truck. I did not want to try and sell it myself,133k miles, was not worth sitting on it for 500-1,000 more.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-05-2014, 07:52 AM
lowfast lowfast is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Grapevine Texas
Posts: 553
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Color: Western Brown Monotone
Rep Power: 3
Rep:92
lowfast will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk13 View Post
AMEN!! Only two more days and we should hear something Of course Feb is what I'll be really interested in by the time I place my order Monday unless I get delivery super fast which I highly doubt!
You would be best served to take delivery in early February, that way you get the better of January or February incentives. An extra week wait could be worth some $$.
__________________
2014 Ram Longhorn CC 4x4 - Born 01/10/14, Western Brown, HEMI, 3.92, LS, AMP PowerSteps, Rancho RS9000 QuickLift and 275/65-20 DynaPro ATMs
2010 Lexus IS-F - Joe-Z Intake
1965 Ford Falcon Hardtop - ProTouring Monster in Progress, 4.6 V8, TCI Suspension, 18x8 & 18x11 Team III Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Ordy's Avatar
Ordy Ordy is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Age: 43
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Long Bed
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Two Tone Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Ordy is on a distinguished road
Default

My local dealership sent me the following numbers for a Longhorn that needs to be ordered. Does it sound good or should I try to negotiate more on the bottom line? I know you guys mentioned rebates and incentives changing soon. Will the truck price only get lower from here on out? Here is the dealers email to me:

"For the Ram pricing, the USAA price as you configured was $47318 less any rebates, plus 7% NJ tax, $299 Documentation fee, and NJ MV fees. The MSRP is $53165, so the Dealer discount is $5847.
USAA sent a email certificate to your email address *******. The certificate number is *********. It is worth $1000.00. USAA has you at ******. In order to use that you will need USAA to re-issue with your correct address. The current "base" minimum rebate is $1500, but like I said you might be entitled to more rebate money.
If you do trade youe Acura we would give you the actual wholesale value against the $47318 price, and that would lower your taxable base."
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Blackhawk13's Avatar
Blackhawk13 Blackhawk13 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio
Age: 37
Posts: 581
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:36
Blackhawk13 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
My local dealership sent me the following numbers for a Longhorn that needs to be ordered. Does it sound good or should I try to negotiate more on the bottom line? I know you guys mentioned rebates and incentives changing soon. Will the truck price only get lower from here on out? Here is the dealers email to me:

"For the Ram pricing, the USAA price as you configured was $47318 less any rebates, plus 7% NJ tax, $299 Documentation fee, and NJ MV fees. The MSRP is $53165, so the Dealer discount is $5847.
USAA sent a email certificate to your email address *******. The certificate number is *********. It is worth $1000.00. USAA has you at ******. In order to use that you will need USAA to re-issue with your correct address. The current "base" minimum rebate is $1500, but like I said you might be entitled to more rebate money.
If you do trade youe Acura we would give you the actual wholesale value against the $47318 price, and that would lower your taxable base."
Ordy,

I'll help you out but let me know the following?

Zip Code you live
Truck specs (Longhorn what? RWD? 4X4? Which bed? Which options?)
__________________
Current: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 CC 6'4"
Current: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Past: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie RWD CC 5'7"
Past: 2009 Infiniti G37S RWD
Past: 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe
Past: 2006 Mazda 3S GT Sedan
Past: 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT+ 4X4 QC (SEMA TRUCK)
Past: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
Past: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Sedan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors