DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 diesel
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:12
Dencaw is on a distinguished road

Hi, if interested, I have provided the click thru to the actual sticker for my truck. I ended up paying $43,200 for the truck, not including trade in. I did spend another $2200 for a Fidelity 7 year - 100k Platinum membership and sales tax in MA is 6.25%. This dealership did give me $11k for my trade in, which is $1k more than anyone else would give, so I guess you could say I paid $42,200 for the truck.
In my limited research of buyer sites stating what buyers are actually paying off of MSRP, generally it hovers around 15% off, which is about where my dealer was and wouldn't go any lower. So, I figured the only other negotiating tool I had was the trade. Anyway, hope that helps. Here is the click thru.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...59026428,d.cWc
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:10
plowy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk13 View Post
Your previous post and my subsequent reply to that wasn't intended to be inflammatory unlike your most recent post. The entire point of asking people what they paid is so we can get as much of an apples to apples comparison in terms of figuring out what we should pay. Simply stating that your sticker was this and you paid XXXXX OTD tell us literally NOTHING. It doesn't help us AT ALL.

You say it's loaded...does it literally have EVERY SINGLE EXTRA OPTION? No it doesn't. First of all you didn't say if it was the short bed or the long bed but I priced a short bed WITH EVERY AVAILABLE OPTION and the MSRP is $52,030 so NO you didn't get every option. See how your post wasn't helpful?

If you got rebates great...list them and tell us EXACTLY what they were and how much. Everyone generally starts from Invoice and works down from there. Let us know what you paid BEFORE rebates as it relates to invoice. Then list rebates if you want. It's not really that hard. If you got a "hefty" rebate for being a fireman what is it? I don't see it anywhere online. If it's listed it would be in the Chrysler Incentive Manual aka the "Gold Book" which lists all their rebate programs which you can ask about from the Incentive Center. I highly doubt it's more than the Military, Realtors, etc. etc. that are $500. I have listed the known program below.

You are saying you got 27.3% off MSRP? How? The stated (INCORRECT) MSRP you mention is $48,000. The invoice is roughly 91% of the MSRP so that would be about $43,680. Holdback would be about $1,404.15. Even if you got all the holdback, you'd be at $42,275.85. That means even if you get 100% of the holdback you're talking about 11.9% off MSRP and you somehow took $7,375.85 further off the price and that somehow included TT&L? I call absolute BS until you provide the numbers. Please provide us all the name of the rebates used and how much and the codes. Otherwise it looks like a "look at me" post I saved way more than anyone here can. If it's a legit post, then give us the COMPLETE details so that perhaps someone can see how to replicate your deal unless you somehow got a super special deal because you're you

Ram has rebates for Military, Automobility, ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors), Associated General Contractors (AGC), NAR (National Association of Realtors), PHCC (Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors Association, SIMA (Snow & Ice Management Association)

Military $500 Rebate T&Cs
http://www.crystallakechryslerjeep.n...sh_MY13-14.pdf

Automobility $1000 reimbursement for vehicle modifications for the disabled
http://www.chryslerautomobility.com/about-program.html

ABC $500
http://www.abc.org/en-us/membership/...rvehicles.aspx

AGC $500
http://www.agc.org/cs/about_agc/memb...ysler_discount

NAR $500
http://www.realtor.org:8119/programs...otive/chrysler

PHCC $500
http://www.phccweb.org/Tools/content...ken=&Site=PHCC

SIMA $500
http://www.snowbusiness-digital.com/...&contentItem=0
Not here to argue with you man, just saying. Our neighboring town's police chief bought his 2012 Ram 1500 that MSRPed for around $42,000, which is a decently loaded Outdoorsman, for $27,500 out the door. This year the discount isnt as much as it was then, but it's still good. Here's the bad news though, we have to buy these vehicles over 4 hours away at the dealership that supplies vehicles to the police/fire/ems agencies across Illinois. No, my dealer in IA, as I live on the river, cannot get this deal. My nearest dealer in IL which is 35 minutes away cannot get this deal and their sales manager couldn't match the deal either, I tried. You don't have to believe me man and I'm fine with that. All I'm saying is if you're a fireman/policeman/EMT in Illinois, ask me how I got this deal and as long as your chief sends a letter in, you can get a Chrysler/Ram/Dodge/Jeep vehicle for a discount too.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Cheap Canadian Labour

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1808
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Lets keep the discussion a discussion please. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab
Color: Dark cherry red pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
RiverRat1 is on a distinguished road

Just purchased 2014 Ram crew cab big horn 4x4 with 6'4 bed
Msrp 45,240 After my Cdi discount and all rebates offered by dealer and mfg out the door cost was 31,000 My dealer wanted to sell a truck and this truck was not even on there lot but another dealer 65 miles
Away
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500HD
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
plowy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Msrp 45,240 After my Cdi discount and all rebates offered by dealer and mfg out the door cost was 31,000 My dealer wanted to sell a truck and this truck was not even on there lot but another dealer 65 miles
Away
Sounds like a good deal!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport 4X4
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:19
2013Ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Away
RiverRat, can you give us some more details? What is the cdl rebate? Can you list the other rebates you got? I'd love to see if there are any you were able to get that I didn't find. Trade in included in the OTD price?
2014 Sport CC 4X4 Hemi; 5'7" Box; Leather; Remote Start and Security, Premium, and Convenience Groups; 3.92 LSD; Performance Hood; Air Susp.; Trailer Brake Controller; Class IV Receiver; ParkSense; 8.4AN NAV Radio; Spray-In Bedliner; Wheel to Wheel Side Steps. Other mods: DeeZee Tailgate Assist, BakFlip VP, Mopar Bed Extender, Cabin Fiilter, zXe foglight bulbs, 35W/5000K HID lowbeams, LED license plate bulbs.
Photos: http://www.ramforumz.com/album.php?albumid=3270
Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Color: Black Gold
CoalCracker is on a distinguished road

I bought my 2014 Ram 1500 QC Big Horn 4x4 / 6'4" bed on Dec 30.
5.7L / 8 Spd
Black Gold Pearl
bucket seats
3.92 LSD
8.4 Uconnect

MSRP $41,275
Rebates: $2,000 Truck Month
$2,900 Dealer Discount (approximate difference between MSRP & Invoice Price)
$500 Chrysler Capital
$500 Big Finish Bonus Cash
$750 Down Payment Match

TotalPrice $34,625

Trade in $6800 (2004 Dodge 2500 RegCab 4x4...very rusted underneath)

I was willing to pay $2000 more for the truck and was hoping to get at least $5000 for my trade in. By keeping my mouth shut and just shaking my head side to side, the dealer gave me a lot lower deal than I was primed for. Had to bite my tongue and "reluctantly" agree to the deal while secretly screaming YEAHHHHH! inside.
Now, I know there are tons of others here who got really incredible deals. Please realize that I always get screwed buying vehicles and have non existent negotiating skills. I left the dealership on cloud nine that day!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Wrangler
MikeTHIS is on a distinguished road

I'll be trying to get the best deal possible this weekend on a 14 Sport crew 5'7" any tips?

My first post here btw - hi! lol
Old 01-16-2014, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
rgardjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTHIS View Post
I'll be trying to get the best deal possible this weekend on a 14 Sport crew 5'7" any tips?

Do your homework. If you're buying off a dealer's lot most will have the a link to the window sticker on their website. Build it on the NADA site to find out the dealer cost. Figure out the holdback (MSRP-destination x 3%). Dealer cost - 100% of the holdback + all rebates is a good goal. It helps to have options so you can figure out pricing of trucks at different dealers. So if negotiation stall with one you just say goodbye and check out your next option. Don't be in a hurry. I was able to get 100% of the holdback plus another $900 off on my order this week. I dealt with four dealers and used aggressive internet pricing from a dealer in my region to help get my pricing from a local dealership. I didn't have a trade in so that can complicate the process. I've always sold my old vehicles rather than trade. I always felt I did better, but the sales tax savings can be a big consideration.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
BitterEnd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTHIS View Post

Since you're on LI, once you figure out what price you're looking for check out Brown's, no other LI dealers would come close to what I got from them. Two other people gave me that advice and it was true.