DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Rep:10
MikeTHIS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblueram View Post
^^What dealership did you go to?
It was Atlantic in West Islip, NY

They were very aggressive though.
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Carolina-Dodge-92 is on a distinguished road

2014 ram 1500 express blacktop package standard cab was 26,500 including taxes, titles, etc...
Old 01-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Color: Silver
silverstreak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTHIS View Post
It was Atlantic in West Islip, NY

They were very aggressive though.
Atlantic is a very shady dealership. Try heading over to Browns in Patchouge on 112. They are probably one of the few upfront dealers I experienced while live in Long Island.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Sod Farmer is on a distinguished road

This is a GREAT thread! Thanks to all of you especially "Blackhawk13". I used the calculations recommended by Blackhawk 13 and made a great deal! The formula does work. I went through the calculations with the salesman and told him the price that represented his true cost and asked him how much the dealership really needed to make. They offered to split the holdback which I thought was fair. It made the whole process so much easier.

One thing I did before even starting to talk about price, was to explain that I do not pay for "doc prep fees" or any similar fees. I told the salesman that if the dealership policy was to charge everyone a "doc prep fee" that we would need to deduct that amount from the negotiated price before they added it back in. He agreed and in the end, I believe that it saved me $199. At closing, the negotiated price was reduced by $199 and then added back in as a "doc prep fee". If I hadn't discussed it ahead of the negotiations, it would have cost me the additional $199. Don't wait to discuss the "doc prep fee" at the table when they have the papers already drawn up.

I won't bore you with my exact numbers, but I will say that the formula that Blackhawk13 has posted does work. In the end, my $46,500 MSRP was purchased at a $10,000 discount which included $5,000 in rebates.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: white
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
08 dodge toy hauler is on a distinguished road

Dave Smith in Kellog Idaho has great prices on new dodge, you just have to call them and tell them what you want to get the price, that way they know which rebates you get etc. by the way largest dodge dealership in the world, they ship all over the world.

Dennis Dillon dodge in Caldwell Idaho advertises there price and has lowest price in the nation guarantee on certain trucks, look them up they are definitely the cheapest advertised that i could find. Some of their half tons are $12,000+ off msrp, i have seen some over $14,000 off
Old 01-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:36
Blackhawk13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod Farmer View Post
This is a GREAT thread! Thanks to all of you especially "Blackhawk13". I used the calculations recommended by Blackhawk 13 and made a great deal! The formula does work. I went through the calculations with the salesman and told him the price that represented his true cost and asked him how much the dealership really needed to make. They offered to split the holdback which I thought was fair. It made the whole process so much easier.

One thing I did before even starting to talk about price, was to explain that I do not pay for "doc prep fees" or any similar fees. I told the salesman that if the dealership policy was to charge everyone a "doc prep fee" that we would need to deduct that amount from the negotiated price before they added it back in. He agreed and in the end, I believe that it saved me $199. At closing, the negotiated price was reduced by $199 and then added back in as a "doc prep fee". If I hadn't discussed it ahead of the negotiations, it would have cost me the additional $199. Don't wait to discuss the "doc prep fee" at the table when they have the papers already drawn up.

I won't bore you with my exact numbers, but I will say that the formula that Blackhawk13 has posted does work. In the end, my $46,500 MSRP was purchased at a $10,000 discount which included $5,000 in rebates.
I'm really glad to hear you got a good deal and are happy with your truck! Enjoy it!! Mine's on order so it'll be awhile
Past: 2009 Infiniti G37S RWD
Past: 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe
Past: 2006 Mazda 3S GT Sedan
Past: 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT+ 4X4 QC (SEMA TRUCK)
Past: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
Past: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Sedan
Old 01-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblueram View Post
Atlantic is a very shady dealership. Try heading over to Browns in Patchouge on 112. They are probably one of the few upfront dealers I experienced while live in Long Island.
I found TWO different colors somewhere else listed for $36 on special. I called and I'm going tomorrow. More options over Atlantic too.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod Farmer View Post

Awesome! Congrats!!

Thanks from me as well to Blackhawk13!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: Black
rgardjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 dodge toy hauler View Post
Dave Smith in Kellog Idaho has great prices on new dodge, you just have to call them and tell them what you want to get the price, that way they know which rebates you get etc. by the way largest dodge dealership in the world, they ship all over the world.

Dennis Dillon dodge in Caldwell Idaho advertises there price and has lowest price in the nation guarantee on certain trucks, look them up they are definitely the cheapest advertised that i could find. Some of their half tons are $12,000+ off msrp, i have seen some over $14,000 off
I got a price from Dillon that my local dealer in Post a Falls, ID matched. The salesman I was dealing with at Dave Smith was no where close($2700 more)-which was a big surprise. It pays to do some leg work.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: Blue streak pearl
mattmanstroked is on a distinguished road

Has anyone used tread lightly member discount? It gives you one percent below invoice and the rebates on chrysler vehicles. Used it on my current truck. About all you can haggle over is holdback, or add on fees.