DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2014 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2014 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2014 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:76
OutdoorJoe will become famous soon enough
Default Option added that I didnt order!

First time poster, long time lurker. Have gotten a lot of good info from everyone on the site and it is appreciated. I have a 14' Sport on order. This is my 3rd ram and will be the first I ordered . The others were on the lots. (2008 Sport & 2011 Sport)

In mid August (cant remember the exact date) I ordered a Sport Quad Cab, 3.92, 32 gallon tank, anti Spin, brake controller, hitch and 8.4N. Nothing more, nothing less. Recently thereafter the truck showed up as production scheduled in VOTS and on 9-11 the truck went to final inspection with all my ordered options correctly listed. I thought things were progressing well.

On September 23 I checked VOTS to see if the truck had shipped. At that time I noticed that a Spray in Bed liner had been added to my truck. An option that I did not order, and that was not listed on the VOTS options until nearly 2 weeks after the truck had gone into final inspection.

I have talked to the dealer and they had no idea why. I wont be paying for the bed liner and I certainly don't mind having it, but not sure why this would happen. Any Ideas? Not complaining just curious. (One theory I have is that maybe an issue with the paint was detected in the bed, and instead of respraying the truck maybe the inspectors decided to spray in a bed liner)

Secondly, any idea as to why it takes so long to go from final inspection to delivery? I understand that it can take longer to ship when certain accessories are added (bed liners, steps, etc), but were going on almost a month now since the truck went into final inspection and im starting to get ancy.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

VOTS could be wrong.. It's a known issue....

Ask your dealer for your order sheet and ask Ram for your build sheet.. That should tell you if it was added in error or not...
Old 10-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Spray in bedliner is the best option you could have. Sit down and write a letter of appreciation to Ram. You are one lucky guy to have it on your truck. You will never regret it.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:50 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy, and welcome to what's affectionately known as "The Z". We love stories and pictures. Thanks for sharing. There's a lot of great knowledge, ideas and info available here on the Z. Don't hesitate to ask a question or boast about your beast.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
Spray in bedliner is the best option you could have. Sit down and write a letter of appreciation to Ram. You are one lucky guy to have it on your truck. You will never regret it.
As I said im not complaining, only curious as to what the reasoning may be. And who knows, it could very well just be an error on the VOTS site.

I agree that I wont regret it as all my previous trucks have had one and I planned on getting one installed in this truck. I had just intended on giving my business to a local shop instead of having it factory installed.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorJoe View Post
First time poster, long time lurker. Have gotten a lot of good info from everyone on the site and it is appreciated. I have a 14' Sport on order. This is my 3rd ram and will be the first I ordered . The others were on the lots. (2008 Sport & 2011 Sport)

In mid August (cant remember the exact date) I ordered a Sport Quad Cab, 3.92, 32 gallon tank, anti Spin, brake controller, hitch and 8.4N. Nothing more, nothing less. Recently thereafter the truck showed up as production scheduled in VOTS and on 9-11 the truck went to final inspection with all my ordered options correctly listed. I thought things were progressing well.

On September 23 I checked VOTS to see if the truck had shipped. At that time I noticed that a Spray in Bed liner had been added to my truck. An option that I did not order, and that was not listed on the VOTS options until nearly 2 weeks after the truck had gone into final inspection.

I have talked to the dealer and they had no idea why. I wont be paying for the bed liner and I certainly don't mind having it, but not sure why this would happen. Any Ideas? Not complaining just curious. (One theory I have is that maybe an issue with the paint was detected in the bed, and instead of respraying the truck maybe the inspectors decided to spray in a bed liner)

Secondly, any idea as to why it takes so long to go from final inspection to delivery? I understand that it can take longer to ship when certain accessories are added (bed liners, steps, etc), but were going on almost a month now since the truck went into final inspection and im starting to get ancy.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Send me a VIN/VON and I can dig a bit for you.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Send me a VIN/VON and I can dig a bit for you.
Thanks for offering SPP. I am unable to send PM's yet so I will just throw the VIN up here. I can give you an email if you would prefer. Thank you very much.

Last edited by OutdoorJoe; 10-04-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough

Went KZ yesterday, I show the liner as part of the ordered sales codes. I don't have order history to show when it was added/changed.

But, it went to the body vendor and it has the liner.

Congrats I think...?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Went KZ yesterday, I show the liner as part of the ordered sales codes. I don't have order history to show when it was added/changed.

But, it went to the body vendor and it has the liner.

Congrats I think...?
Thanks for looking, it is appreciated. I just noticed that the truck has shipped according to VOTS. (is that what KZ means?) I was then able to see the window sticker and noticed the bed liner on there as well. I guess I will have to see the order sheet and see if the dealer accidentally added it. Either way im glad to have it and even more excited that the truck is on its way. Not to long now.

I have noticed that some are able to track their truck during shipping. Is there another website anyone could point me towards to help with that. Again thanks for the help.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

KZ - released by plant and invoiced

Traffic Codes:
KZ L - released but not shipped
KZ M - first rail departure
KZ N - first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA - plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC - carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD - mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE - misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF - shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG - damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH - all other "O" type carrier codes
KZ T - second rail departure
KZ U - second rail arrival
KZ X - delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction