DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I don't see it happening either. It wouldn't completely surprise me if they trimmed down the number of models offered, but I don't see it ever going away completely.

JMO

Exco
I also agree besides Ram is and has been carrying the Dodge nameplate they are not that stupid to shoot themselves in the foot like that. Rams have been making to much money for them.

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 dodge ram
Color: red
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
ron66 is on a distinguished road

what hurt dodge is bad made trucks, they look great but to many problems and they don't stand behind them unless its somting small and cheap. I have 06 ram 1500 trouble with it the whole time iv had it. called the company all I got was sorry. im done
Old 10-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

How could they get rid of dodge? I see literally hundreds of dodge's every time I go for a ride to work
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 10-12-2013, 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 4.7l v8 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:160
Astartes has a spectacular aura aboutAstartes has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron66 View Post
what hurt dodge is bad made trucks, they look great but to many problems and they don't stand behind them unless its somting small and cheap. I have 06 ram 1500 trouble with it the whole time iv had it. called the company all I got was sorry. im done
true story....................
Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his brothers. -John 15:13

My Mods
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Does nobody pay attention to what Dodge is really doing, the Avenger is stopping production but it's coming back down the road as a RWD vehicle said by the main man himself Ralph Guiles at a discussion with MotorTrend at the New York Auto Show.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:08 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:519
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes View Post
true story....................
It doesn't count if you flooded yours
Old 10-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the 5 year plan

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/chry.../2012-FGA.html
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-19-2013, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brondondolon View Post
the idea of dodge dying and becoming fiat is ludicrous to me. Dodge has been around since Detroit was put on the map and is part of the big three.
So what about Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Mercury and Pontiac? Did not "transform" into another brand but still dead.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:52 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONOutdoorsman View Post
So what about Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Mercury and Pontiac? Did not "transform" into another brand but still dead.
PLymouth, I can't say why they dropped that. As for Pontiac, Oldmobile and Mercury though that's a dfferent story. They died off because GM (Oldsmobile and Pontiac) decided to cross platform everything, and it killed the brands. Why buy the more expensive Pontiac Sunfire when you can get a Chevy Cavalier with the same features for cheaper? The only Pontiac that sold well in the 90's was the Firebird, and Pontiac tried coming back (strong IMO) with the GTO and the G8 (both thanks to Australia) but it wasn't enough to shake the stigma of Pontiac being a crap car. And the Aztec sure as hell didn't help matters lol And oldsmobile got left in this weird place between Chevy and GMC, there was no place for it, it had no identity anymore. Same goes for Mercury, what was it? Because Lincoln was supposed to be the Luxury brand of Ford, and Mercury was the weird middle ground that was treated like a left over parts bin. But even with that said Lincoln is on the verge of being another Mercury if they don't revamp their brand much like GM did with Cadillac. They lost their ways a bit with that but have re-established themselves as GM's luxury brand, while Buick is the more entry level luxury as they shake off the Stigma of being an old peoples vehicle which they are slowly doing.

So, as far as Dodge is concerned they are well placed. Dodge itself is a general auto maker with performance cars, but the higher performance vehicles will now fall under the SRT group. Chrysler is reemerging as the luxury brand, and Fiat is selling tiny cars lol Obviously we know what Jeep and Ram Trucks are pretty much here to stay as they tend to have the best reputation and Ram really is growing increasingly. Fiat having some control in Chrysler is really no different than when Daimler was a part of Chrysler and I think people tend to forget that. Fiat opens the door for better quality parts, as well as a leg into European Markets, and Dodge opens the door for Fiat to sell cars in the states where they haven't been in years. And personally if I lived in a city, and had no need for a truck, I would really consider the 500 as a little commuter car. They're surprisingly roomy inside, and they do what you need them for well enough. And the Fiat Abarth is a bad ass little car lol It reminds me of the older Mini's that actually were small cars, not the Mini's that are damn near the size of a Dart
Old 12-29-2013, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

ram could be sold off as its own brand. might not be a bad thing as i have little faith in fiat.