DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-05-2013, 09:46 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
Have you considered looking for work at the lot that truck is on. Seeif you can be the lot guy and wash the vehicles. I know you can't drive their vehicles but you wash them in place .
That's a good idea there, I didn't even think to ask him that, everytime I drive buy my dealers lot their are kids out there washing the cars, I don't remember the last time I saw someone there over 18 washing a car lol

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: None
Rep:49
ModelTFan01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
That's a good idea there, I didn't even think to ask him that, everytime I drive buy my dealers lot their are kids out there washing the cars, I don't remember the last time I saw someone there over 18 washing a car lol
She (my neighbor, Heather, who works there) says that the people who details all the cars are in charge of washing them and all of that. In fact, when I spoke to her, they had people detailing a car in the shop.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:355
maust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTFan01 View Post
Yes. I know what you mean. I can be consistent and reliable. But there are some jobs I'd never be able to do, and there are some jobs I can do that are pretty good.

I don't know how much farmer would pay me because I'm not related to them. Most of my friend's get paid a lot to be a farm hand because they are working for their parents, or a close friend of their parent's. I'm also a strong believer in "don't believe what other people say" but my friend's have said that I'd never make it as a farm hand.

Also, a few weeks ago, I volunteered to help build the float for our class. Another volunteer who lives on a farm would never let me do anything. He made me pretty much made me sit there and watch. In fact, one of the class sponsors had to tell him to let me drive a couple screws in. I've worked with him on several other projects, most recently a project in our Physical Science class and he wouldn't even let me swing the pendulum.

I also have apiphobia (fear of bees), and sphekosphobia (fear of wasps.)
My parents said my marriage would never last (pregnant 15 year old wife and an 18 year old dumbass) 13 years and 4 kids later here I am as happy as ever. My whole family said I would never make it in the Marines and here I am a war harden former Corporal of Marines. I was told I would never make it in dental assisting school and I graduated with a 4.0 average. My point is never say never and more importantly never listen to people who say never. If you really want it you will do anything it take to earn it. Good luck
Mick
Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maust1 View Post
My parents said my marriage would never last (pregnant 15 year old wife and an 18 year old dumbass) 13 years and 4 kids later here I am as happy as ever. My whole family said I would never make it in the Marines and here I am a war harden former Corporal of Marines. I was told I would never make it in dental assisting school and I graduated with a 4.0 average. My point is never say never and more importantly never listen to people who say never. If you really want it you will do anything it take to earn it. Good luck
Mick
1. My friends were mad at me. I hate it when diesel trucks blow smoke, or as they call it, roll coal. They think it's awesome. Not saying diesel's are bad, but I don't like it when they do it on purpose. So I was going to write an article on why it's bad (and can't it damage the engine too?) in the school newspaper. I might as well just thrown a rock at a yellowjacket's nest. (Hopefully I'm not upsetting anyone here, it's just a personal preference.) I was shocked when one of them saw me climb into a coach's diesel truck so that he could drive me home and they never said a word.
2. I do believe them.
3. Thanks for serving for our country! It means a lot to me!
4. I try to be confident, instead of being a Debbie Downer.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2750
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Hey man don't let anyone say you are limited due to your physical stength/ size or anything else.. Throughout highschool football I went through a ton of b/s.. In junior football I dominated but when I moved to senior my coach hated me and refused to play me no matter what. He would only let me play the odd special teams and backup centre after the first year on the bench no other positions. That gave me motivation to push myself to be better, get stronger and to prove everyone wrong (I had one coach tell me several times that any other school I would be a starter). My last year he decided to finally move me to a guard position and I completely dominated due to my commitment to prove the doubters wrong. Ended up getting recruited to several schools and went on to university football, where I unfortunately ended up messing up my shoulder badly and ended that lol. But after that when I was 20, I did get my first truck.. I had a little car (05 pontiac Vibe) when I was 16 until 18 but had to get rid of it, I did have help from my parents getting the car though in all fairness. Having a vehicle isn't cheap and sometimes it is worth the time to wait.. So what you don't have your own vehicle at 16?.. I know tons of people who still can't afford their own vehicle and some are my age.. Yea you got the initial buying price, registration and insurance.. But you also have gas to pay where trucks are not the best. Then you also gotta vehicle maintenance which can be more then what the vehicle is worst. Who knows how the previous owner abused the truck and how long everything will run for. And on the topic of rolling coal.. personally I love it, but some people like my girlfriend are not fans of it, It is completely a persons own opinion on the matter. It is not going to damage the vehicle as all it really is, is excess diesel fuel which is not being fully burned and coming out as smoke.. (most of the time there is modifications to make the truck do it). But on the job topic.. Just get your parents to help you make a proper formal resume about any achievements you have and about your working styles and how you are a hard working student who is dedicated to learning in a workforce and want to be able to achieve a level of accomplishment/ success from being part of a working team/ employment. (I am sure someone can help you better word that). Then print off 100's of those resumes and literally go apply to every business around town.. Doesn't matter what it is.. It never hurts to apply, who knows what could happen. If you focus all of your attention on one place, you could be missing out on 20 other opportunities.

But back again to having a vehicle at 15-16. Honestly I say after you get that job and just save up the money.. Because down the road you will always find a much nicer, newer truck that you will love, and you will be able to afford it .. My dream when I was younger was to always have a lifted 98 Chev 1500 single cab long box in flat black.. I came into the realization that older trucks will always be more for gas and will usually have alot more work and expenses. So I decided to save up while in school.. And now got myself an 08 Ram 1500 Hemi, 35" mudders, leveled and going to lift it 4-6 inches next year.. It always help to save up so you will also be able to have rainy day money.. So when you get that dream truck, you can afford to pay for any extra costs such as repairs, parts or mods.

Good luck with the job hunt .. Hope to hear some positive news soon.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 10-05-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Hey man don't let anyone say you are limited due to your physical stength/ size or anything else.. Throughout highschool football I went through a ton of b/s.. In junior football I dominated but when I moved to senior my coach hated me and refused to play me no matter what. He would only let me play the odd special teams and backup centre after the first year on the bench no other positions. That gave me motivation to push myself to be better, get stronger and to prove everyone wrong (I had one coach tell me several times that any other school I would be a starter). My last year he decided to finally move me to a guard position and I completely dominated due to my commitment to prove the doubters wrong. Ended up getting recruited to several schools and went on to university football, where I unfortunately ended up messing up my shoulder badly and ended that lol. But after that when I was 20, I did get my first truck.. I had a little car (05 pontiac Vibe) when I was 16 until 18 but had to get rid of it, I did have help from my parents getting the car though in all fairness. Having a vehicle isn't cheap and sometimes it is worth the time to wait.. So what you don't have your own vehicle at 16?.. I know tons of people who still can't afford their own vehicle and some are my age.. Yea you got the initial buying price, registration and insurance.. But you also have gas to pay where trucks are not the best. Then you also gotta vehicle maintenance which can be more then what the vehicle is worst. Who knows how the previous owner abused the truck and how long everything will run for. And on the topic of rolling coal.. personally I love it, but some people like my girlfriend are not fans of it, It is completely a persons own opinion on the matter. It is not going to damage the vehicle as all it really is, is excess diesel fuel which is not being fully burned and coming out as smoke.. (most of the time there is modifications to make the truck do it). But on the job topic.. Just get your parents to help you make a proper formal resume about any achievements you have and about your working styles and how you are a hard working student who is dedicated to learning in a workforce and want to be able to achieve a level of accomplishment/ success from being part of a working team/ employment. (I am sure someone can help you better word that). Then print off 100's of those resumes and literally go apply to every business around town.. Doesn't matter what it is.. It never hurts to apply, who knows what could happen. If you focus all of your attention on one place, you could be missing out on 20 other opportunities.

But back again to having a vehicle at 15-16. Honestly I say after you get that job and just save up the money.. Because down the road you will always find a much nicer, newer truck that you will love, and you will be able to afford it .. My dream when I was younger was to always have a lifted 98 Chev 1500 single cab long box in flat black.. I came into the realization that older trucks will always be more for gas and will usually have alot more work and expenses. So I decided to save up while in school.. And now got myself an 08 Ram 1500 Hemi, 35" mudders, leveled and going to lift it 4-6 inches next year.. It always help to save up so you will also be able to have rainy day money.. So when you get that dream truck, you can afford to pay for any extra costs such as repairs, parts or mods.

Good luck with the job hunt .. Hope to hear some positive news soon.
Best two sentences I've heard in a while on this topic!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2750
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTFan01 View Post
Best two sentences I've heard in a while on this topic!
.. If only some of my unemployed friends would understand that instead of being more selective then a female picking out their wedding dress.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 10-06-2013, 12:22 AM

I wonder if one of the teachers at my school that teaches the agriculture class (also has a part in the FFA) could help me...
Old 10-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:177
richmond has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond has a spectacular aura about

There's great advice as always, from these guys. My youngest daughter came to visit this year at 26 after deciding to take a leave of absence from her first job as a nurse. She went back to the Carolinas complaining about the lack of good jobs.

Corbin has been an artist since first grade. I talked her into going to Ashville, NC and seeing a young lady that has an art gallery, down town. This lady allowed her to place 4 of her best oil paintings in her gallery. Corbin sold her first painting for $500.00, and has a block offer on the remaining 3. The gentleman who bought her first painting, hired Corbin to paint a mural in his home (he wanted a 2 week turn around). She stayed with my mother in Columbus NC and finished in 11 days for $3,500.

So Corbin has learned, it's best to follow one's passion. Hope is one thing, vision is another. Knock it out of the park! R...
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 AM

I can make websites fairly good. Not like professional grade though, which is one problem. The other problem is absolutely no market for it here in this area...