DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-06-2013, 03:52 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTFan01 View Post
I can make websites fairly good. Not like professional grade though, which is one problem. The other problem is absolutely no market for it here in this area...
My young friend, this is a topic I know VERY well, and while there might not be a local market for a website there is a HUGE market of people out there that want a site for this, or a site for that and they have no clue on how to do it.

With that said if you have minimal knowledge of how a website is constructed and secured there are many places you can go on the internet where people post up jobs they need done and how much they are willing to pay. Before founding Discount Auto Performance (now Bully's Performance shortly after Andrew came on board) I made some extra cash working on others people sites or making them basic sites.

If you are new to web development I would stay away from doing anything on sites that process live transactions.

if you are wanting to do a database driven website you are going to want to learn as much about php, mysql, html, css, and jquery, jscript as you can. If you would like some pointers I can tell you some great books to read, and some great places where you can get a lot of information about development. If this is something you end up being serious about I would also recommend getting familiar with the server side of things also it is one thing to make a great website but you should also know how to make that great website run and to do this you need to know a little about servers as well, cnames, dns servers, etc etc. I would recommend also getting familiar with linux as the majority of sites are run on linux servers (generally a version of centos) as for the most part as windows servers suck unless you have a specific reason to run on a windows server (and if that is the case I am sorry as not only do they suck they are a nightmare to work with). If you do not already use linux grab a version of ubuntu it is fairly simple to learn on as far as using it as a desktop and is equally easy to start learning how to develop websites on as nearly every program is free vs windows you will pay for a lot of them and that is not always the best option when starting to learn web development and can get expensive.

There are few things I know a good amount about primarily being 3rd and 4th gen rams, car/truck parts and web development, I am always happy to share my knowledge if you have questions about any of those just let me know and if I can point you in the right direction I will

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: None
Rep:49
ModelTFan01 is on a distinguished road

I know about HTML and CSS. I tried to make a PHP contact form, but it never worked. (Although I made a "mad libs" using PHP.)

I don't know how to do secure websites and sites where you have to log in. Maybe it just isn't the job for me...

Also: Although it's useless at my age (since it can be considered a "dangerous" job) I do know a lot about HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning.) I know all the parts, and I know pretty much everything about heating, but refrigeration I'm still learning.

Last edited by ModelTFan01; 10-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:355
maust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nicemaust1 is just really nice

Have you tried washing dishes. I got a job washing dishes on my 15th birthday I bought my first truck with that job it was hot nasty work but I felt accomplished when j got home every day. There are options out there but at your age its slim pickings and it not going to be easy work.
Do you have a work permit I know I needed one to work at 15. Don't be scared to be seen working at least you know you have earned what you have. Trust me its a great feeling.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:14 PM

I'm going to get a work permit. I already got a form for one, but it ended up in the trash can.

I actually went to two local restaurants applying for a dishwashing/busboy job and both said they have a lot of applications at the moment.

I'm not afraid to be seen working. My grandpa thinks that I "get everything handed to me" as one day he told me (exact words following): "Unlike the other grandkids, you have everything handed to you." Plus, most of my friends work. But then again, they work on farms.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

all car sales lots need someone to clean them up, i live near the city & my dealership uses people that are in a special program for people that have things like Downs Syndrome, so they don't use people from outside of that program

If your area has a construction companies, like housing or building contractors, they need someone to do clean up, sorting the lumber cut offs, sweeping, etc.

this time of year, people are buying fire wood for their wood furnace, a truck delivers it & just dumps it into a messy pile, some how that wood has to be stacked

soon leaves will need raking, snow will need to be shoveled

make some post card sized flyers & put some up at the Laundromat & etc.

Good Luck
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-06-2013, 05:54 PM
impugning the "hider"

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3215
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
all car sales lots need someone to clean them up, i live near the city & my dealership uses people that are in a special program for people that have things like Downs Syndrome, so they don't use people from outside of that program

If your area has a construction companies, like housing or building contractors, they need someone to do clean up, sorting the lumber cut offs, sweeping, etc.

this time of year, people are buying fire wood for their wood furnace, a truck delivers it & just dumps it into a messy pile, some how that wood has to be stacked

soon leaves will need raking, snow will need to be shoveled

make some post card sized flyers & put some up at the Laundromat & etc.

Good Luck
Excellent ideas, Tom. Back in the early 80's, they were building a development in my town, and the builder paid $50 per new house to sweep the house, basement, & clean up the construction debris.I only found this out because I walked a mile down the road to ask him. He hired me. I usually did 2-3 per day. This paid for my first engine of the truck I had had bought at 15 w/ no engine. Proudest moment of my life was when I (with a little help) fired that truck up for the first time! To the OP: there are $ making opportunities under every rock, just turn all of them over.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:25 PM

There are no construction sites/companies in our area.

Although I could ask my neighbor if I could do anything for her and she could put the money directly to the down payment on the truck (which is $1,800) she says there is nothing to do. The only thing she recommended was mowing lawns, raking leaves, and shoveling snow.

The dealer that has the truck I want has a bland, boring old "CarsForSale" website. I'd like to build them a website with all the cars. Since off a website that big taking that much time, I could probably make the entire grand on the base of the website, not to mention plus listing the cars. But I don't know if they'd like that idea. Paying for a website would probably make them mad.

Here is the URL to the truck I want. They want 1/3 down payment.
http://www.schlotzhauerauto.com/1999..._206407277.veh

Last edited by ModelTFan01; 10-06-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:09 PM
impugning the "hider"

PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Gotcha. Sounds like websites are your forte'. Keep plugging along. Times have changed, and if you hone your skills with the computer-related arena, although there may be massive competition, I am sure someone as determined as yourself will somehow persevere. Cheers to you, young man.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Gotcha. Sounds like websites are your forte'. Keep plugging along. Times have changed, and if you hone your skills with the computer-related arena, although there may be massive competition, I am sure someone as determined as yourself will somehow persevere. Cheers to you, young man.
Actually, HVAC is more my forte. I own a blog on HVAC and made videos. I even endorse Carrier products on my blog for free.

I've started work on my own website, for my company, Garrett's Websites. The company has been on/off. Nobody has wanted a website. But a recent truck and tractor pull happened and I wonder if they'd want a website to advertise their next year pull.

Here's the screenshot of our website. It's not finished. I did it all by myself, no help whatsoever.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:47 PM
impugning the "hider"

Actually, my first cousin owns H Warner HVAC in the Hamptons. I think his ads are set, but would not hurt to contact him. (I don't have much contact w/him myself.) Please do not mention this forum reference.