DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:10
ElRushmo is on a distinguished road
Default Ram Website Glitching?

Hey guys,

I am wondering if the Ram Trucks website is glitching. I am trying to build a 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn and it will not let me select an interior nor exterior color. It has been like this for about a week. Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks again!
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Hey welcome to the forum.. Can't say I have had this problem.. I have built a truck on the Canadian page last week with no problems. Hopefully there can be someone who is using the American site that can chime in.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

just for the fun of it, i went to the Ram Trucks Build site
i definitely know that my regular dealership has a few 2014s in stock
i enter
2014 Ram SLT QC
HEMI w/8 speed, ( it would force me to have the 3.21 rear end ) which i would never accept

As i have written before, the BUILD Site is a sham, it only has what is already built & is in inventory at a dealership near you. If you order Cherry Red & the nearby dealerships don't have that color in inventory, the Build site will say that it is not available, when you know damn well that it is

https://www.ramtrucks.com/get_connected/

the only ways to BUILD a RAM & get the Options that you want/need
you have to visit the Dealership & see what can be ordered
or
wait for the 2014 Ram Brochure to be mailed to you,
make your choices, checking them off one by one, then go to the dealership & tell them that you want to factory order a 2014 Ram with everything that you checked off
the brochure will tell you what you can & what you can Not put in combination
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
just for the fun of it, i went to the Ram Trucks Build site
i definitely know that my regular dealership has a few 2014s in stock
i enter
2014 Ram SLT QC
HEMI w/8 speed, ( it would force me to have the 3.21 rear end ) which i would never accept

As i have written before, the BUILD Site is a sham, it only has what is already built & is in inventory at a dealership near you. If you order Cherry Red & the nearby dealerships don't have that color in inventory, the Build site will say that it is not available, when you know damn well that it is

https://www.ramtrucks.com/get_connected/

or
make your choices, checking them off one by one, then go to the dealership & tell them that you want to factory order a 2014 Ram with everything that you checked off

Awesome information my friend. Thank you very much!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:531
Flatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of lightFlatlandor is a glorious beacon of light

It glitched on me a few times too. Best advice is to visit a dealer and sit down with their Configurator.

2014 Laramie QC 4x4, tan interior, 3.92's, sport hood, customized Moto Metal wheels & AT tires, LineX bed, rockers and fender flares, K&N Filter, cabin filter, "black ice" grill inserts, Putco bed rails, RollBac tonneau cover, LED bed lights, Mufflex 14" with Mufflex resonator and stock resonators, Moroso catch can and a "matching" 2008 special edition "Will Cooksey" Z06 - #139 of 505.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered a 2014 Ram brochure
when they start printing them, they will mail it to me
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:92
spp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRushmo View Post
Hey guys,

I am wondering if the Ram Trucks website is glitching. I am trying to build a 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn and it will not let me select an interior nor exterior color. It has been like this for about a week. Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks again!
Revised info was being uploaded/fixed over the last week. If you ever see any issues, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Hey welcome to the forum.. Can't say I have had this problem.. I have built a truck on the Canadian page last week with no problems. Hopefully there can be someone who is using the American site that can chime in.
Canada has a completely separate system that isn't tied to the US system (except the people that run the site).

Quote:

Alright, I gotta address again:

This is definitively not the case. The inventory local to you has nothing zero zilch nada zippo naught zero diddly-squat with the build and price tool. If it did, the EcoDiesel would not be available at all on the B&P tool as there are none available on any lot in the USA (same with the 6.4L).

What goes into the B&P tool:
  • If there is one or more of a given model (not trim, model) on the lots/in dealer inventory anywhere in the nation, that entire model is available. As an example, there is one 2012 1500 Ram R/T available in Deep Rural, Wyoming, every 2012 1500 model combination will show in the B&P tool until someone decides to turn the model off.
  • The confirmed build options that are definitively scheduled to be build in the coming model year (eg, EcoDiesel).

What is wrong with the B&P tool:
  • Options you pick in later steps don't reflect in prior steps (eg, leather seats are picked on the options page, not the color page)
  • Option descriptions can be confusing.

There are other things that are wrong that don't really affect you guys. These flaws are being addressed.

How do I know this? This is what I do and deal with on a daily basis. We all know the B&P tool isn't the best it can be and it is being addressed.

Quote:

or
For the most part, the B&P tool is honest with the exceptions listed above. Nothing is held back except for fleet only things or something related to a data bug. The RAM trucks are the single most complicated vehicle that is in the B&P tool. There are thousands of rules that govern option selection that have to be tested and compared against what is expected. We catch most but some do slip through. I do apologize for that. If you find something, let me know. I validate it against the code guide, submit it for fixing, and usually gets fixed quickly.

If you have any questions about option combos that don't smell right, contact your dealer or ask me and I'll see what the code guide says as that is the same thing the dealer would look at.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:48 AM

Just in case it wasn't clear (as text doesn't convey intent), the above is a purely informational post. I don't want to call anyone out, I just want to ensure there is correct information out there.

I'm probably one of the most easy going people out there and the bolding/italiziing above is meant for emphasis, not emotion.

Anyway, cheers!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 PM

I tried to build it again and it still wouldn't let me select the interior that I would like. The cattle in the laramie longhorn with a black exterior. Also, the rambox option isn't a selectable option. I called corporate and they said I'll be available to order it, but it isn't on the build site.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 PM

Both of those are data issues which seem to have reappeared (grr...). Rambox is good on both short box and mid box. Black Exterior (PX8) with Cattle/Tan (DJXT) is a valid combination.