DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Larime Limited 4X4
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
MTPete will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindanocturnal View Post
Do you ever notice that it does not matter how far away you park it, some beater chevy or minivan will park right next to you even though there are 30 open stalls between you and the store.

I got my fist door ding scratch (pair at that)! I guess not a bad run for 3 1/2 years and yes it's black so clean is mandatory. Which is not always easy when you live in Seattle WA
I have never understood this why this happens. The other day I parked at home depot. The lot was almost empty and I parked in the middle of the last row and walked to the store. When I came out some jackass had parked right next to me with a truck made out of bailing wire and duct tape. Why in the hell do people do this???
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2826
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I just hate when mine gets dirty!!.. Actually not really, I just wanted to fit in with everyone with their shining vehicles.. I know one thing that looks better then a fresh coat of wax though!!
http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/Ca...324d2.jpg.html
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
I am the same way. I actually keep a microfiber towel in the truck just to dust it off. I usually get caught by the wife doing a quick wax on it early in the morning before I go out or the night before if I have to work early the next day. I park under a car port so even if it is going to rain that doesn't bother me. I have so much wax on the truck the water just runs right off!
Agree 100% here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
OK, How many of you guys can't STAND it when your RAM gets just a little bit dirty or muddy? I went to my dealer last week to see the new Viper they had just got in, but before I did, I detailed the truck like it was going into a car show. Did not want anyone to see my truck less than "pristine". Anyone else share my Psychosis?

You know me to well paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
Oh yeah. I don't park under trees if I can help it because they shed stuff, street lamps because birds sit on them, and I always park as far away as possible because whenever I don't, I get burned. And I've been known to turn around and take a different route to avoid road spanning puddles or road work..

Yup, been there, still doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunDodge View Post
That is SO me, definitely part of the OCD clean truck group and I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts by now lol!

Yep, I agree with this, too! I try to avoid the puddles but on rainy days, if I don't have time to wash it, I'll at least spray the mud off, makes me feel better at least lol.

- Cajun
They keep asking when I will do there vehicle.

I am the same for puddles also, just sometimes life keeps me from making her perfect. So for days I have issues every time I get in and out of the truck till I can get her back to perfect. Yesterday had a couple of ladies walking around my truck at the Grocery store, as I was getting to it with my bags,they got surprised when I unlocked my doors, they did not know I was the owner, they could not stop complimenting how great my truck was. Had a huge smile on my face lmao
Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
I am the same way. I actually keep a microfiber towel in the truck just to dust it off. I usually get caught by the wife doing a quick wax on it early in the morning before I go out or the night before if I have to work early the next day. I park under a car port so even if it is going to rain that doesn't bother me. I have so much wax on the truck the water just runs right off!
Please tell me you don't dry-wipe the MF towel over your vehicle?

Grub out!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1109
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

California Duster ftw.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
California Duster ftw.
An outstanding product that does EXACTLY what it's designed to do if used properly.

The problem lies within the user almost, always.

Very, very few people know how to use it effectively and to its optimal ability.

Grub out!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black Gold
Rep:177
Whiplash has a spectacular aura aboutWhiplash has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
California Duster ftw.
amen to that

ya, i got used to having the '11 dirty and guess i've gotten lazy...that and don't really have a whole lot of "me 'n the truck" time with work and everything else. This one tho i'll definitely have to set aside some quality wash and buff time. With this colour, it already looks nasty just pulling out of the wash bay.....
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lol I'd have to wash my truck once a week to keep it clean. I wash it a couple times a year. I paid someone (first time ever) from a mobile detailing company to come wash it this weekend, only cost $50!!! Yeah he didn't do as good as I do but hell it saved me a whole day.

....then I went to work and it's covered in mud again lol.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:29
Omac is on a distinguished road

It rained today and I can't wait to wash the truck. I hate when its dirty. I think it drives better clean.
Mopar Hood Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps Front/Rear, Fire/Ice Mud Flap LEDs, Tonno Bed Cover, Mopar Bed Mat, Mopar Tailgate Liner,Window Tint, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liner Front/Rear, Mopar Chrome Gas Door
Old 10-08-2013, 12:35 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2826
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omac View Post
It rained today and I can't wait to wash the truck. I hate when its dirty. I think it drives better clean.
Aerodynamics.. Well that was my dad's old BS excuse to get me to wash the vehicles when I was little.. "The dirt and junk causes wind prevention and when freshly waxed everything is smooth and the vehicle has better aerodynamics".. 'dad thats not true.. "I don't care what you think get washing"
Tow mirrors up for the haters