DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > 4th Gen UConnect

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Sport CC, 5.7L, 8spd
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:71
bowieknife will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to bowieknife

I did my update 2 days ago and am happy to report that the text message reading feature (incoming and outgoing) is now working 100%. I have a Droid Motorola Razor Maxx on Verizon.
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

A bit more yet...

Where Ram is really POing customers here is in their policy of telling customers to visit a dealer to get something fixed before the dealership can possibly fix it!

My new truck had a few problems immediately that this flash should hopefully fix. I found out about the initial flash update due on 9-16 here--and called Uconnect, who told me that was accurate.

I asked if I could dowload it myself then--was told they didn't think so, but I should make an appointment with my dealer after 9-16 so it can be fixed.

Did that to no avail, since the update was not available until this week.

At that time I asked "you have my and my truck documented with this issue now--can you just call me or somehow reach me when the flash IS available?" NO was the answer.

So I call each week for awhile until last week I was told it looks like it really will be available this week. Can I be notified I ask? Nope, best thing to do is make an appointment with your dealer. I do that.

Then I find it the update was indeed released. To save time off work I try to download the flash myself. Nope doesn't work for me, although I am eligible.

Visit my dealer, after an hour sitting there they come in and ask how long I want to wait, as the server is just crawling and the download may take hours.

Not being a wealthy man with time to kill I leave, and call Uconnect, who tells me the server is down and provide the info I mentioned earlier. They are hopefull I can download it myself once the server is back up.

I get home form work, still doesn't work on my computer, so i call. I was told they have no idea when it will work again, and no they wont' let me know when it does--and the best thing for me to do is call the dealer in the morning and ask them to fille a "starfile" request--which I understand just means the dealer asks RAM for a physical copy of the download to be mailed to them. That way, rather then process updates from a computer with a non-functional or balky server, they then can just plug in a thumb drive like you would if you were doing it yourself at home. With all the trouble they seem to have you'd think Ram would just send updates to the dealers, THEN announce to owners the fix is in!

So back to my issue-- I call the dealer this AM and tell them I was told they should file a starfile request--and neither the service manager or the techie who does the download work have any idea of what I am talking about!

SO I call uconnect up again, and ask them to call the dealer with me on the phone so they can explain to the dealer what they need to do for me.

During that call the dealer tells me they did eventually get the download to work yesterday, and would be happy to do the install for me--when they first have an appointment for, middle of next week (a day when I happen to be unavailable).

The "Ram Tough" experience.

Boy it's fun!

Last edited by dawoodsman; 10-10-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

One other lovely thing.

I mentioned to Uconnect that someone here was offering to just send out flash drives with the update, I said maybe it's a lot less trouble for me to go that route even if it costs me a bit or money. They said if you accept that and anything happens to your truck we will not honor our warranty with you!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 CC Sport 4x2
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:10
shepcam is on a distinguished road

I just ran the update and it fixed the text messaging issue I was having, the dealer was going to replace the radio and tear my dash apart. The good ole Ram forum comes through!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:42
BravoFoxtrot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFoxtrot View Post
I performed the update with no problem. I did lose the ability to send and receive texts with the Galaxy S4, though.
After deleting the pairing between the S4 and UConnect 8 times over the course of two days, the send and receive text function was still not available. I had more time today to troubleshoot and found that following sequence worked to restore the messaging functions:

1.) Delete all pairing configurations on the phone and 8.4AN.
2.) Power down phone.
3.) Perform soft reset of 8.4AN (simultaneously press and hold the volume and tune/browse buttons on radio for ~ 5 seconds).
4.) Power up phone.
5.) Pair the phone and UConnect.

If you're having problems with the messaging functions on the 8.4AN and a Galaxy S4, this procedure may be worth a shot.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 CC Sport 4x2
shepcam is on a distinguished road

I was using the Galaxy S3 and could recieve but not send. The new update seemed to fix that along with the messages tab coming up much faster.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn Pkg
Color: Cherry
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Dracolan is on a distinguished road

After i downloaded the iso file from the Mega site do i need to do anything or just copy the iso file to the thumb drive? I tried it once but the radio gave me an error when it tried to read it.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawoodsman View Post
One other lovely thing.

I mentioned to Uconnect that someone here was offering to just send out flash drives with the update, I said maybe it's a lot less trouble for me to go that route even if it costs me a bit or money. They said if you accept that and anything happens to your truck we will not honor our warranty with you!
What do you expect them to say, they have no control over what is on the USB stick someone sends you. If the file is corrupt or tampered with (not saying that the person offering to send them out would do that) and it bricks your radio why should Chrysler pay for it.

The file is extremely easy to get from the source, and to be honest if you cant follow the instructions on the Uconnect website to download and install the file it would be best to just take it to the dealer and let them do it.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
dieselman is on a distinguished road

No matter what I do all I get is Sorry... Encountered an Application Error on the page. Is this site for US only and **** the Canadians
Old 10-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:59
Bighorn453 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracolan View Post
After i downloaded the iso file from the Mega site do i need to do anything or just copy the iso file to the thumb drive? I tried it once but the radio gave me an error when it tried to read it.
You have to make sure you downloaded the correct file for your radio. If you have navigation, download the RA4 file. If you do not have navigation, download the RA3 file.

They're already .iso format so just put it how you got it onto a blank thumb drive. The thumb drive should be formatted as FAT32, so you may re-format it if you'd like to make sure it is.