THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO UPDATE:
- The extracted update file (swdl.iso).
- A BLANK USB thumb drive (at least 1GB).
(Make sure there are no other files on it.)
DOWNLOAD UCONNECT UPDATE 13.38.52
- Official uConnect Update Site:
(If the above site is used, you must make sure to run the self-extracting .exe which you've downloaded, and put the extracted .iso file onto the USB drive!)
- RA3 8.4A (Without Navigation):
- RA4 8.4AN (WITH Navigation):
(Please DO NOT share these links outside of this forum!)
Once you transfer the software update file (swdl.iso) to the USB drive, follow the instructions (attached below) to begin installation process.
The update should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
SOME ANSWERS TO THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Make sure if you download the file from a link other than the official uConnect site that you download the proper file for your radio (RA3 or RA4).
- If the update seems to stop around 40% on the Air Card Update (Unit 10), this is normal. It is a big part of the update. BE PATIENT!
- If your radio reboots at all during installation, this is fine. It should reboot and continue the installation process.
- You may notice some settings missing at first, but they will come back shortly (usually within a few minutes).
- Give the radio up to 24 hours to allow it to communicate with other modules and restore everything to how it was.
- Should anything go wrong, you can restart from the beginning.
Most Noticeable Changes/Fixes (Full Changelog Below)
- Outbound texting from many phones.
- Addition of mirror dim on/off control.
- Pop up menu enabled for Voice Recognition.
- Simplified layouts for apps.
- General Nav improvements.
- Song shuffle recalls properly on restart.
- Screen is much more responsive.
- 3G icon has blue halo around it.
FULL Change Log (Issues Addressed)
· Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
· Compass indicator turns off.
· Touch screen shut down message.
· Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
· Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure
· Loss of radio presets.
· Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
· Uconnect apps don't load.
· AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
· Backup camera display is blank.
· Compass direction may be incorrect.
· Vehicle's Icon changes on the navigation map.
· Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
· “Vehicle Phone Requires Service” message appears.
· Nav turn-by-turn enhancements.
· Nav map guidance enhancements.
· Nav text overlaps in detour menu.
· Nav map, vehicle location enhancements in areas with low GPS signals.
· Navigation shows vehicle in San Antonio, TX.
· Screen only displays startup Logo.
· Screen Half Black Half White after update.
· Radio locked up after attempting to update with a corrupted or incorrect USB update stick.
· Phone/Navigation Overlay Screen Freeze (WK only).
· Heated seat controls through radio do not function/display correctly during startup.
· Speed controlled volume not functioning correctly.
· Steering Wheel Control operation corrected at startup.
· Tuner mutes on startup.
· HD now defaults to 'OFF' for reduced complaints about 'channel switching'.
· "LO” temps displayed upon each vehicle start.
· HMI Lock up in SXM mode after ignition cycle.
· Voice Recognition (VR) enhancements.
· Point of interest screen locks up.
· Error message when plugging in iPod.
· Balance/fade setting changes after ignition cycle.
· Clock enhancements.
· Phone book enhancements.
· Rear climate control display frozen.
· Translation enhancements.
· Erratic pop ups in HMI.
· Added Teleprompter.
· Bluetooth, phone, iPod, auto streaming, connecting/disconnecting enhancements.
· Phone quality and pairing enhancements.
· Audio control locked after using VR feature.
· Travel link enhancements.