DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Prone to maundering

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3148
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Read your story and all of the replies. My brothers on here have given you many accolades and well-deserved compliments. If I may go further, a person of your age with the mental fortitude, and foresight to see that your relationship was not working while having unwavering dedication to your daughter is nothing short of remarkable. You sound like a outstanding young man who will be the rock in your daughters life. The world needs more people like you, kiddo. Good luck with your future endeavors, whether they include a Ram or not. Who cares? You have that beautiful little girl!! Take care. (I know you will.) -Paul
Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

A big tip of the hat to you Sir!!! A new BABY GIRL, Cool, Sweet, Neat, Scary, Happy, Sad, and many more things. Sit back and enjoy the ride young man!!! Because 2yrs old is around the corner.....sweet sixteen ain't far behind!!! Now she's grown, married and a child on the way!!! All in the blink of a eye.....but!!!! Now the best part!!!!!!! Grand-Kids!!!!!!!! I've been blessed with 3 kids, and so far "7" Grand-Kids!!!!! Hang in there....Great Times are a comin'!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 AM

Vehicle: 2007 dodge power wagon
Trim Level: power wagon
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
mb power wagon will become famous soon enough

my hats off to you for being a dad and not just a father. there is a big difference. love the car nice choice. just remember when she is older and gets a boyfriend. your gonna want a fast car to warn him he can't get away if you don't want him to. lol.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:52 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb power wagon View Post
my hats off to you for being a dad and not just a father. there is a big difference. love the car nice choice. just remember when she is older and gets a boyfriend. your gonna want a fast car to warn him he can't get away if you don't want him to. lol.
I thought that's what .357 magnums were for...
Old 10-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

If i had to have any vehicle besides a Ram or any truck.. it would definitily be a 300. So good choice!

You know, I should try to say something on how awesome your baby girl will be, but honestly, I hope I don't have to find out personally for awhile on how they'll be for myself! :P

but I do at least know about family, and family comes before cars, no mater how awesome these Rams are. Showing off how great of a Dad you are is a lot better than showing off your Ram.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 10-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1463
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
If I may go further, a person of your age with the mental fortitude, and foresight to see that your relationship was not working while having unwavering dedication to your daughter is nothing short of remarkable. You sound like a outstanding young man who will be the rock in your daughters life. The world needs more people like you, kiddo.
I completely agree with Paul! I noticed your age in your info and thought to myself, wow.. now here's a young guy with an actual head on his shoulders! You have more common sense than most of my friends who are double your age.

On a more personal note... My oldest step son is your age. Back in 2007, his father (my now husband) co-signed on a brand new Toyota Tacoma. All the bells and whistles. Two years ago he knocked up his on and off girlfriend (they simply weren't careful - nothing behind the scenes like your ex). He has not made any attempts to go out of his way to see his daughter. Had an opportunity to relocate close by and turned it down. For selfish reasons. Has sent no money or gifts. And yet, as soon as he paid off his Tacoma in January 2012.. not five weeks later, he traded it in on a brand new Jeep Wrangler. He has purchased a new guitar, speakers, audio board (or whatever) for himself. He has taken a trip to Hawaii with friends. He buys snowboarding equipment and goes on weekend boarding trips. Never once taking a weekend to make the drive to visit her. He is, literally, a dead beat dad.

So, TORMENTOR.. I wish you all the best of luck with your little one! You already know in your heart that you have made the right decisions, even though some may have come with some pain. The best decisions usually do.

Enjoy your time with your daughter and your temporary Ram replacement. The 300 is a very classy ride (no doubt your daughter has excellent taste in helping you decide to purchase it!).. but given your drive, determination and mindset, I have no doubt that you will be teaching her how to drive in a Ram.

Last edited by KA1OTE; 10-13-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:07 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Sea Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
TORMENTOR has a spectacular aura aboutTORMENTOR has a spectacular aura about

Thank you very much everyone for all the kind words. Honestly, the support from my family and friends has been such a huge help for me on the rougher days. My family is a big part of her life, my best friend with two kids of her own has been there every step of the way for me and loves her to death and my little girl absolutely adores her. I couldn't ask for a more amazing support group, especially her.

There is absolutely no excuse to be a dead beat dad, it is not the childs fault, the child did not ask to be born into this world without their mom or dad. I think its one of the most selfish acts one person can do, to walk out on their own child. And let me say, i will be the first person to say, that they are missing out on one hell of an amazing, life changing experience.

I couldn't be happier to be a father, all i wished for was her being born into a stable relationship, so neither parent has to go any day without being able to see their child. But thats life, and i could either sit here and mope about it, or i can give her my all to be the best damn father i can be and be as big of a part of her life as i possibly can. And you know what? its the most rewarding feeling in the world to see her smile back at me.

Cars come and go, they are just an item... You're children are in your heart for the rest of your life, and its them that should always come before anything else.

Im excited and scared to take on this journey in life, but i know whatever happens, i will always be right there for her. I still have a lot of growing up to do and a lot to learn, but you wont find a more willing man to change whatever he needs to to give her the best life possible.

I should be sleeping right now, shes getting dropped off here in 5 hours lol

Again, thank you all for the kind and supportive words, it took a lot for me to write it all out, its hard to talk about without tearing up. I miss her every second shes not here, but i turn that into the excitement to finally see her again
Old 10-13-2013, 07:22 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Sea Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
TORMENTOR has a spectacular aura aboutTORMENTOR has a spectacular aura about

Forgot i had a pic of her last nap in the truck, then a random one i got the other day with her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1392494_10152244607307646_105398327_n.jpg (63.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 1383411_10153351860855195_548044291_n.jpg (80.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:266
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

That's a beautiful child you have buddy.....Enjoy her, because they grow up fast....Mine are 23 and 18 and on their own....it's a quiet house now......my wife and I love it, but miss the noise and craziness once in awhile.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Precious.

Thanks for sharing.

Grub out!