DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of
Default 730N RHR MyGig Update?

So, I read another thread (http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.ph...49&postcount=1) about how there is an update available for the RBZ/RHB radios. On that thread there is a link to a website to download the files in the first post.
I followed that link to another forum with a link and login info
I clicked on the link there which took me to another site and I logged in
I clicked on the folder labeled 'MyGIG Software Update'
I clicked on the folder labeled 'Software - Gracenotes Update'
I clicked on the folder labeled 'RHR-RHW-RHP 2011+'
I clicked to download the file labeled 'RHR.RHW.RHP.2.184.iso'
This file is still currently downloading to my laptop...

Is this file appropriate for my 730N RHR radio? (pic below)

Based on the information on my radio, are there any other updates I can download right now?

Is it possible to have my dealership install these updates for me? (I do not have any blank CDs laying around and I do not know which type of CD to purchase. I also have not burned a CD on my laptop in a few years and forget how.)

Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the Gracenotes update is the only one that makes your radio sound better
i would call your dealership to see if you have the latest update
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 AM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Well, on that same site there is a gracenotes file available to download.. it is labeled 5411. On my radio, my gracenotes displays as 3265.. so that would mean this update is applicable to my radio. Yes?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4X4
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn Quad
Color: Saddle Brown
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jeepgrady is on a distinguished road

Yes. the dealer should update. Assuming you are still under warranty, there should be no charge.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Ram Ham

Thanks guys.. I'm taking her in at 2p today to have the updates installed. We shall see if they actually update anything this time.

GT - I thought Gracenotes was what loaded images into the radio.. how do you mean it makes the radio sound better?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

this is a GRACENOTE website, it explains it much better then i can
http://www.gracenote.com/music/

System Care
Software Update
Both navigation data and Gracenote data are software
updatable. Visit www.chrysler.com, www.jeep.com, www.
dodge.com, www.ramtruck.com or contact your authorized
dealer for the latest available software.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Ram Ham

Okay, back from the dealer...
(bear with me through this as I am not very good at repeating technical jargon..)

They connected my truck or radio to some computer. The computer scanned the VIN and displayed a message to the tune of "all available correspondence updates currently installed".. or something. Meaning, the radio does not recognize that the updates for the software and GraceNotes dated and released 9/2/13 as available.

Turns out that my loooooong time battle over the USB ports not working is most likely causing (according to the techs) the radio to not recognize or allow any updates.

As of 30 minutes ago, they have submitted a request for a new radio under warranty. They say it usually takes around 1 week to receive the new unit (apparently this is not the first time they have had to order new radios) and that I will be contacted once it arrives and then they will spend about an hour switching the defunct for the new.

THEN, we will try to install these updates (if the new unit arrives without them pre-installed). They suggested not wasting money on buying CDs or DVDs and trying to install these updates myself as it is highly unlikely that they will work.

Also, depending on the software installed on the new unit, they will then order the new Navteq update available as well. My current, defunct unit has version 4.2.1 installed and they said that makes it eligible for this update. However, they are holding off until the new unit arrives.

All in all, a positive day at the dealership. I didn't get the updates installed but I did get a few steps closer to closure on the USB ports ordeal. And a new radio unit is on its way. Not many complaints here, for now. (Except for I wish they could swap it and get me a 430N instead.. but it seems that is a swap I will have to accomplish on my own as they said as much as they would love to do that for me.. Chrysler LLC is extremely strict about replacements.)
Old 10-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

IF, i wanted a better radio then i have
i would purchase a after market radio with every thing that my OEM has on it & MORE
They can be purchased for far less then the OEM radios

I am glad that your dealership is working with you on the issues
sounds like they deserve some donuts
i know that my dealership does enjoy them & i get real good service when i show up
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Ram Ham

Indeed and agreed. I have visions of homemade cookies dancing in my head. They are certainly deserving for having fought Chrysler for me on this (and other) issues. I, too, get superb service whenever I walk in.. though I think it may have something to do with the Pringles I brought from Germany..
Old 10-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Just for a reference but thanks to a fellow member here I was able to update my radio using the CD's he got for his 2012.

This is what I think the latest update looks like for the 730 once it is all done. Granted I have a 2009 so there might be some differences.

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here