DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie w/Ram Box
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:10
AFHokie is on a distinguished road
Default Newer Model Upgrades to Your 2011

Hi all,
I have a 2011 Laramie with a Ram Box. I'd really like to add the keyless open to the Ram Box lids that's offered on the 2012 and newer models. To do this I'd have to change out my key fobs in order to have the button to pop the lids which I'm fine with since I'd also like to change out my keys to the push button start also offered in the new models. Lastly, I'd like to swap out my mirrors to add auto folding mirrors.

I think they're doable, has anyone else done anything similar? Are these mods even possible?

I'm guessing by the time I get all the OEM parts and swap out I'll probably be into it or $2-$3 grand which is cheaper than upgrading to a new truck.
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I'm sure that there is some way that you can do a mod to tie in your Ram boxes to the keyless entry. I have my ARE toneau cover tied in, so I know that it's possible.

I don't think the keyless go can be done. The needed components just aren't in the "older" trucks.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get the power fold mirrors. Like you said, it won't be cheap, but I suspect that it's possible.

good luck and be sure to post up some pics if you take the plunge

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 10-19-2013, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

I have the keyless tailgate it was an easy install. I'm sure you could tie it into the pass locks like i did and not have to use a new key fob. But I agree extra buttons would be better. But all I did was tie it into the fuse panel under the hood o the pass side locks.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 10-19-2013, 11:46 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Let me know how you work out on the folding mirrors. I think you will need to change your door panels also. If I were changing my door panels I would go with the 13 panels that have the ram emblem in the door I Ike to look. Also the wood grain is much moe real.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks