DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit1500 View Post
You are throwing out things that I never said. I posted my experience and recommended bilsteins OR a 2.5" level. I never said you can trouble free lift the front end of a ram 3.25". As far as your truck with the 6" and bilsteins it is no different in my opinion. My truck sits level with 3.25" in the front and my cv angles look great doesn't change the fact that it is 3/4" higher than a stock truck with a 2.5".
K bud, you aren't getting what I'm saying. I realize you didn't directly recommend putting a 2.5" spacer with TRX struts on to the OP. But here's exactly what you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit1500 View Post
I have an outdoorsman same as a trx have had a 2.5" level on the truck basically since new. My truck with the kit installed sits 3.25" taller in the front than a stock truck. Year and a half later, 35,000 kms, and frequent 4wd use and I have no "4wd wobble" that some seem to have trouble with.
Now the issue I have with that is that some people who have TRX struts will read that and think it's 100% okay for them to do the same thing when they will most likely have problems if they do it. You have to remember how many people are going to read through this forum and this thread doing research for their own truck without actually posting a thread with their own question. For that reason I believe you need to be diligent and precise in what you say. I feel like I'm probably repeating my last post now so I'm going to stop with there.

As far as your truck sitting level with the 3.25" of lift and my old truck with the 6" and Bilsteins go, you just proved my point. Both your truck and my truck had excessive rake from the factory (as I stated in my last post). So you were able to get away with that much lift BECAUSE it was sitting so much lower to begin with. That's the same reason my truck ended up having perfectly horizontal CV shafts and control arms with the Bilsteins at 1.4". Because it was lower to begin with. But now if you took a truck that only had 2" of rake from the factory he's going to run in to some pretty big issues if he tries to lift the front of his truck 3.25" without doing a diff or control arm drop.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Outdoorsmen
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ramit1500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
K bud, you aren't getting what I'm saying. I realize you didn't directly recommend putting a 2.5" spacer with TRX struts on to the OP. But here's exactly what you said:

Now the issue I have with that is that some people who have TRX struts will read that and think it's 100% okay for them to do the same thing when they will most likely have problems if they do it. You have to remember how many people are going to read through this forum and this thread doing research for their own truck without actually posting a thread with their own question. For that reason I believe you need to be diligent and precise in what you say. I feel like I'm probably repeating my last post now so I'm going to stop with there.

As far as your truck sitting level with the 3.25" of lift and my old truck with the 6" and Bilsteins go, you just proved my point. Both your truck and my truck had excessive rake from the factory (as I stated in my last post). So you were able to get away with that much lift BECAUSE it was sitting so much lower to begin with. That's the same reason my truck ended up having perfectly horizontal CV shafts and control arms with the Bilsteins at 1.4". Because it was lower to begin with. But now if you took a truck that only had 2" of rake from the factory he's going to run in to some pretty big issues if he tries to lift the front of his truck 3.25" without doing a diff or control arm drop.
Its not my job to think for other people I posted my experience and if someone was to do any research at all they would find what I have done is recommended against and be able to decide for themselves. My post is useful to someone like myself that is willing to take a risk and deal with the consequences if it does not work out. My truck never had an excessive rake my truck sits exactly 3/4" higher than my friends slt with a 2.5" lift. I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Red
Rep:53
Disturbed69 will become famous soon enough

I know it's a little late on this but I have the same kit and asked RC about it. I've been running it for a year. IN MY EXPERIENCE I've not had the death wabble either. Just the other week I ran the highway in the snow at 40 mph in 4wd. I don't understand checking the angle of my axles they are still good. But again this is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. In no way am I saying it's proper. But going to a 6" soon so oh well.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: st
Color: white
Rep:10
BodieBrown is on a distinguished road

I had a 2011 slt qc that i had the 2 1/2" spacers installed and had it alighned and ended up with the wobble. Took the spacers out and paid for another alighnment.Costly mistake. 2 months later i ended up going with the adjustable strut, set at 2.1 and paid for yet another alighnment. Did not have a bit of wobble after that.. this spring if i dont have the $$ to do a 6' lift then i will be buying the adjustable struts to level it..