DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:52
ediram will become famous soon enough
Default GUTS - GLORY - RAM - Oh Brother....

Quality control is a challenge in every business but Chrysler is ISO and should be a bench mark and fess up when they screw up.

So I bought a brand new Ram 1500 Laramie, I was even there when they took the plastic off the seats and steering wheel. I love the truck, a nice upgrade from the 2010 I had.

So I'm driving at night and i see the cool blue ambient lighting on the passenger side doors but the drivers side is black no light, front and back. I contacted the dealer and asked them what's up.

Long and short of it they had to order parts, pull all the driver side door panels off, and put the proper panels on that should have come from the factory. I wasn't real happy having all the panels pulled on my new truck.

Just a heads up that these things happen and don't expect Chrysler to do anything to compensate you for your inconvenience and time to deal with something they missed at the factory.

I called and tried to get some free stuff and was basically told to pound salt, we fixed it what more do you want us to do.... Just leaves a bad taste. not like it was the right part that just broke, that happens, putting half the wrong interior in not so common.

What's the big deal for them to apologize by flipping me a free oil change or pen, something...
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

They fixed it, what more do you want them to do?

Would a free oil change or pen or something have stopped you from posting this?

Sorry, but I just get fed up with seeing these types of threads/posts poping up on these boards several times a week. Why? Because for every three of you, there's ten of us that have next to zero issues who don't initiate a thead.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Grub out.

Grub out!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I am confused. They corrected the problem you noticed, granted an odd one, and yet you still want more?

Sometimes I wonder... give someone an inch they take a mile?

If it was something along the lines of... they had your truck in the shop for a week and you couldn't drive it.. I could see your reasoning. However it sounds like they ordered parts got you in and out. What more do you want?

I just don't understand I guess. ...

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Old 10-13-2013, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

I bought my Ram in the bad old days before the bail out, so I looked it over pretty good. I found a speck of dust in the clear coat and the back ends of the hood could fit the top of the fender line a bit better. The horrors. I used to drive Toyotas, one had a motor (Built in Japan) that lacked any timing chain tensioners. Had to fight tooth and nail to get em to fix it in the 36,000 mile warrantee period. $hit happens, if the dealer fixes it under warrantee in a timely fashion, thats the way it's supposed to be. At almost 200,000 miles, Im really happy to be driving a Ram, still no problems.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Borla duals, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf. 200,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 10-13-2013, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Color: Western Brown Monotone
Rep:92
lowfast will become famous soon enough

Problem with people now days is that they all want something free to "compensate for their trouble." It drives me insane. Was at a hotel a few weeks ago checking and the lady next to be was cursing up a storm about how there was a business card left on the desk in her room so obviously the whole room had not been cleaned by the staff before she arrived and she wanted an upgrade to a suite. Really, come on! I believe if a company is in the wrong they need to make it right, but that is all they are obligated to do. People in this country have become a bunch of over coddled pansies.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

You should have turned around a slapped her.

That's all.

Grub out!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy that your dealer worked with you

I guess that there is a LINE drawn somewhere, dollar wise or convenience wise

Like if the vehicle came with Good Year Wranglers & you had ordered Michelin MX2.
they would just make the switch & tell you that there is free coffee in the customer lounge

If the vehicle came with the wrong rear differential ratio, the cost is not that much different between any of them, except for the Labor & having to order in the correct parts from the Detroit Axle Plant, after getting the OK from Chrysler/Dodge
They know that the Customer could take action through a Mediator & that they possibly could lose, So they offer more than Free coffee
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-13-2013, 09:28 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'd tell you to pound sand as well, or maybe rock salt since it'd cut and burn as well, but that's just me. They fixed the problem, and your 'inconvenience' of going to the dealership isn't worth anything. You have had this rectified when you took it in for an oil change and had any other issues taken care of.

Yes, things happen, that's why you have a warranty.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Limited 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:105
Marine671 will become famous soon enoughMarine671 will become famous soon enough

eesh... tough crowd. I'm a little more inclined to agree with the majority on this one, even though I've had my problems in my whole two weeks of new truck ownership. I'm guilty of asking for "compensation" i guess you'd say, along with most others, but idk... i don't ask because i feel they owe it to me.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Wow.

I suppose I am wondering why you feel you are entitled to compensation beyond what your warranty entitles you to. You found a problem. You reported said problem. Dealer fixed said problem. Problem fixed. Sounds like the dealer followed the warranty to the letter. I fail to see why you believe the dealer, or Chrysler LLC, owes you anything else.

I have had a handful of 'issues' with my truck in my first year of ownership. I brought them to my dealer's attention and, one by one, each was dealt with and fixed to my satisfaction. Never once did I say "Okay, now you guys need to give me an oil change" (or a shirt or a pen or whatever).

I can understand and sympathize with you that you simply expect a $45k+ truck to come with no issues. But nothing and no one is perfect. That's life. Deal. You are not the first person to have to leave work early or cancel an appointment to take your truck into the dealer for warranty work. Your time is not covered by your truck's warranty. So I am surprised that you expected compensation for your time.

The only thing and I mean the ONLY thing I have asked for that was not necessarily an issue was a free oil change a month after I purchased. I found out (from the wonderfully educating members of the Z) what my build date was. This told me that my truck had sat on the dealer's lot for close to one year. It still had it's factory oil. So, I asked if it would be possible to get an oil change so I could start out fresh. The answer? Not a problem, can you bring her in right now?!

Most of the time, my dealership seems to go above and beyond. When I had the body shop install my cab lights, they offered to take me home (approx 20 miles one way) while the job was being done and pick me up when it was completed. I didn't even have to ask, this was offered. Also, when I had the spray-in bed liner put in. They gave me a loaner (granted, it was a Chevy Malibu) for no cost to use while the liner was sprayed and had to sit for two days. Again, I never asked.. this was offered.

Bottom line.. I think that as long as you take the time to create a relationship with your dealership (or at least treat them with respect), they will surprise you with their generosity. (Although, I still have yet to get a free pen..)

Last edited by KA1OTE; 10-14-2013 at 10:22 PM.