DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Color: Black W/Silver Stripes
Rep:10
Trumanater is on a distinguished road
Default How do you make money off your truck?

I am planning on getting a truck soon and I was wondering what I can do to make money with it?
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

like side money?

offer to help people move, haul stuff to the dump, etc.

not sure if that's what you mean
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, wide angle question.

Where do you live?, what can you do (trade)? what needs are there in your area?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I live in Idaho!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

And yeah just anything I can do to make some cash.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

cut lawns in the summer.

snowblow in the winter. you use ur truck to drive to different neighborhoods.

best money I ever made was cutting grass and putting fliers in different neighbords, loading the truck up and goin over to mow. tax free $$$
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post
cut lawns in the summer.

snowblow in the winter. you use ur truck to drive to different neighborhoods.

best money I ever made was cutting grass and putting fliers in different neighbords, loading the truck up and goin over to mow. tax free $$$
Agree with this, used snow blower and used mower with bag, used trimmer, used blower, used truck. I did it long ago, Know a friend that still does it, he now has 15 employees and 5 trucks, huge trailers and does both snow removal and grass cutting.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Trim Level: express
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
ADA16 is on a distinguished road

I use my truck to pick up grass clippings for my town since they stopped the service for it! Also i will take many things to the local dump for the people in my town. Overall having a truck will allow you to make some solid money on the side
Old 10-24-2013, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:221
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

I saw your post above about what truck to get. If you really want to make money with your truck there are a couple of ways. One is "hotshotting". That will usually take a 1 ton dually diesel. Hotshotters will haul just about anything for pay, but a common thing is RV. In my opinion this is for an experience person and a tough thing to start out with on your own without experience.

Another way is to plow snow in the winter. There is serious money to be made this way, but once again, it takes experience. I've known guys in my area, and we don't get a lot of snow, that can make a few thousand bucks on a weekend after a big snow. I've seen guys plow with 1/2 tons and SUV's, but a 3/4 ton is better.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

with a 2500 model, you can do many things, it does not have to be new
light snow plows, snow blowers
with a 1500 or 2500 model
a trailer for lawn & garden care, same trailer for helping people move,
i used to lend my trailer out to friends to haul motorcycles

If you are over 18, you can set up your truck to do what i do, but you have to be ready to travel, be reliable, keep your truck clean & serviced & not mind being away home, some times for days. some people make a living at it, i have an alternate source of income, when jobs get slow.

IN a lot of States like Washington & Utah, etc. you Must have Certification to work in the PILOT CAR field

this is general idea of the job
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversize_load

more information & you tube videos
http://pilotcar.tv/

I first went to a Certification class, expect to spend one day in the class
Then i set up my truck, some people use cars or SUVs
Then i ran into a guy that was in the business, a Mentor that allowed me to ride with him for a day on a short job, then helped me to get jobs using my own vehicle & he was working the same job & explained things as we worked. I started being a Pilot Car in 2004.

many people just use a modified roof rack for a sign mount
mine is purpose built & can be detached

upper piece of sign removed
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/673/img0895zg.jpg

this is a Connecticut Pilot Car Service, they use SUVs a lot
http://patriotcertifiedpilotcars.com/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 10-24-2013 at 07:02 PM.