DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Ram
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
watglen is on a distinguished road
Default Is Ram and Cummins splitting up?

Oct 15, 2013

I read elsewhere that Ram has plans for dropping the Cummins.

Any truth to that?

Thx

Ken
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I suppose that anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it.

This is the first that I heard of this though

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Not for the next 2 years anyways, Ram will carry the cummins till then, after that anything is possible but I don't think that Ram would want to shoot themselves in the foot by not using the cummings in any of there trucks, and don't forget the new V8 cummins, that will be one amazing truck. But Fiat has bought out a 50% of VM Motori, ownership of VM Motori, the Italian maker of the V6 diesel engines offered in the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500, is currently split 50/50 between General Motors and Fiat. GM bought half of the company in 2007 from Penske Corp. and Fiat bought the other half two years ago. Over the weekend, Fiat released a statement indicating that GM now wants to sell Fiat it’s share of the diesel manufacturer, ”GM’s notification to exercise its put option to sell to Fiat its 50 percent interest in VM Motori is in line with the contracts Fiat entered into when it acquired a 50 percent stake in VM in 2010. Fiat controls Chrysler and the Detroit automakers have a recent history of collaboration so this might be what they are trying to do, and that's provide there own engines in the future Rams.

Last edited by Asur; 10-16-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:177
Whiplash has a spectacular aura aboutWhiplash has a spectacular aura about

rumor has been going around for years...
it's unfortunately a game of wait and see. Whether Fiat has the gonads to tempt fate by transplanting one of their own powertrains or if they continue to satiate the die-hard Cummins fans..???
Old 10-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

?I think it's a roomer started by the Chevy, or Ford guys trying to make us week. Ha, Ha, Ha it's not going to work. Nice try Butt Heads.

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:221
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

Than rumor has been floating around for years. There has also been a rumour that Ford owns Cummins. Ford used to own part of them, but not anymore. Something a lot of people don't know, but Ford offers a Cummins in some of their trucks, but trucks that are larger than a F350.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge man View Post
Than rumor has been floating around for years. There has also been a rumour that Ford owns Cummins. Ford used to own part of them, but not anymore. Something a lot of people don't know, but Ford offers a Cummins in some of their trucks, but trucks that are larger than a F350.
It's been floating since the late 90's or so.

It came to fruition after Ford purchased several shares in the Cummins brand when it floated...... and then sold not longer after.

They have no connection and it irritates me when the Ford nut-huggers argue so, as they been doing so for many years.

Ford and Cummins have no direct correlation.

Grub out!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
It's been floating since the late 90's or so.

It came to fruition after Ford purchased several shares in the Cummins brand when it floated...... and then sold not longer after.

They have no connection and it irritates me when the Ford nut-huggers argue so, as they been doing so for many years.

Ford and Cummins have no direct correlation.
Me too! The roomers have indeed been around for a while and probably heated up when Ram introduced the 1500 diesel. As said, anything is possible and it will be a wait and see. I for one hope not.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

There has been talk on Cumminsforum of Ram having a CAT engine by 2016... I don't remember if there was an article on it or not. Now that being said, I don't see it happening that soon if at all. It would be a HUGE change for Ram to switch the diesel engine they use and a HUGE change for CAT to be offering a pick up engine. I don't see that just happening within two years unless they've been working on it for a number of years already coming up with the design and testing it. I think there would be more press around it if a change like that was going to happen within the next couple years.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

would fiat really want to loose that business? doubt it, gmc would drop their diesel in a heartbeat to be able to offer a cummins.