DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Sport Premium
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:76
pstern will become famous soon enough
Default Thinking about exhaust

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, or tell me from their own experience. I have a 2010 RAM Sport with the 5.7. I got the lift, rims, CAI, flares, not much else I want to do except now I'm considering getting exhaust. What I want to know is this. Should I just get a new muffler or maybe a catback system. I spend a lot of time on the phone in the truck for work and I don't want to start getting drone nor do I want it so loud in the truck that I cant hear people, let alone them hearing me.

What do you guys recommend? Ive done some research but I cant find the answer to my question, so I thought you guys could help. The local shop suggested Flowmaster, but you guys never steer me wrong.

Heres a pic so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg with amps1.jpg (133.7 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Go with a 22" magnaflow muffler. It will give you a nice sound outside the cab without disturbing your inside the cab activities. The flowmasters tend to be louder than the magnaflows so I'm thinking magnaflow is the way you want to go.
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Old 10-25-2013, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2013 4x4 express hemi
Trim Level: express
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:80
darkstar will become famous soon enough

just took this video of my truck

Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4WD Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
theGSE10 is on a distinguished road

After some research I found that a complete cat-back system is really not needed. Most people have good experiences with them but the stock exhaust provides plenty of flow, so I decided to save myself some $ and just swapped the HUGE stock muffler with a Borla XR-1.

I can't speak for the magnaflows but from searching the forum it sounds like lots of people like the 22" magnaflows best. They do not drone quite as much as the 24" and 18" and are reasonably loud

What I can say is I LOVE the sound of my Borla. It does drone a tad in 6th gear when MDS kicks in but most always do. I also found the source (tailpipe resonating) and added some high heat, weather proof, sound masking on the pipes and its almost completely gone now.

The Borla isn't loud at all cruising around (anything under about 2500 RPM's) but when you stomp on it....boy everyone knows whats under the hood! Love the deep growl it has. I'll have an exhaust vid for it soon.
Hellwig rear sway bar / Green filter / Borla XR-1 / Line-X / Bak Roll-X / AMI shorty antenna / Raptor 4" nerf bar / Mopar tow hooks / Moroso Catch Can / Bilsteins @ 2.1 / Fox 2.0 rear / TGC .75 rear spacer / Air Lift 1000 / Bak Box 2 /

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ut4enlwx4fslgd8/slpdRXv6z2
Old 10-25-2013, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Magnaflow, Boral, or Corsa; you can't go wrong with any of these for our trucks.

See my sig for my review of the Magnaflow 16869 model.

Good luck.

Grub out!