DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New -old- Truck

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BowHunter11 
#1 ·
So during my hiatus from this site I decided I didn't want to drive my 2012 RAM R/T through anymore Michigan winters so I had to suck it up and sell my 1988 K5 blazer (just wasn't built to be a daily driver) and I bought a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500. Its an offroad version, 2 door, short bed, larmie, 5.9L, 46re, dana 44 front, 9.25 rear with 4.10 gears and limited slip rear. I picked up the truck for $2300 off craigslist. Its got 179xxx miles but the trans was just rebuilt (got all the receipts) and the engine is sludge free and runs like a top. This thing was babied by the previous owner and has never seen mud or even a dirt road. Enough talk, here is a bunch of pictures:

The K5 I sold :sad::

The 2000 Ram about a half hour after I bought it:

New tinted sport style headlights and fog lights.

The rust:

See less See more
#4 ·
Even more rust fixing:

After patching the rust up with metal, fiberglass, and bondo I painted the bottom of the tuck with raptor liner, by far the best do it yourself spray on bed liner I've ever seen. I also bought some good sized fender flares to hide the rust on the fenders. I also painted the flares with raptor liner.

#6 ·

A couple interior pics:

A crappy engine shot:

so other than having to replace the track bar, steering gear box, and a few oil seals this truck has been pretty awesome so far. I might say I like driving it better then my r/t...the A/C gets colder than my r/t...Anyway, next I plan on replacing the entire audio system (it came with the infinity sound system but someone replaced it all with the crappy chrysler sound system) Probably going to get a slightly bigger set of tires and I'd like to get one of those bed roll/light bars. I think its a pretty decent winter beater. More pics to come.

#9 ·
Thanks, I just ordered a bunch of audio equipment from crutchfield and monday I'll be ordering new Trash-lok...I mean Trac-lok clutches and installing them during the week since I found pieces of the retainers on the bottom of the diff, got lucky that it didn't do any damage, who knows how long those pieces have been in there.

#10 ·
Sharp old truck!! Thanks for sharing man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.