DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 1500
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:387
MOP4RN4TION is just really niceMOP4RN4TION is just really niceMOP4RN4TION is just really niceMOP4RN4TION is just really nice
Default Tuning questions

Back in my days of racing my 95 SuperCoupe, I did extensive mods to get every available ounce of HP out of that little V6. Cam, big TB, modified intake plenum, headers, big intercooler, and big injectors. Then I took the ecm and a detailed list of performance mods and had the ecm flashed to reflect the changes to the motor. This maximized the HP and torque output. Whenever I made a change to the setup, I had the tune modified.

So the question is this...and please forgive me if it seems dumb, its been a long time since I dealt with this....

When having these trucks tuned via handhelds, do the tuners take into account the various mods, or is this something I can still have done for me??

Im planning out a 5.2 stroked out to 396 etc and the only real hurdle I face is the computer issues I know will pop up

As for the trans, Ill be having the OD unit beefed out and mated to a HD rearend. Not looking for fast so much as I am for torque
Old 12-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:221
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

They do the same thing today, if you have headers, a stroker motor etc they take that into account with your tune. Usually they put a wide band O2 sniffer into the exhaust and tune the engine on the dyno to run the correct air fuel ratio.