DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Iceman is on a distinguished road
Default Cargo Management (What do you guys use?)

Hey guys, so I just bought a Roll X cover for my truck yesterday and it should be installed in a couple of days. I'll post up some pics when I get it installed. I'm wondering what you guys use to keep the stuff in your bed from rolling around? I've been looking at a HitchMate Stabilizer bar with the optional Stabiload support. My thought was to use the bar at the back of the bed (near the tailgate) and use the Stabiload support to hold a couple of milk crates or something to one side to put smaller items in. Then use the other side for larger items like grocery bags or whatever. your thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HE4016-4017_3_1000.jpg (64.6 KB, 61 views)
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I was just looking in to this today. I was going to go to Home Depot to get a synthetic 2x6 to cut down to fit in the rear bed slots. Then I realized how little room there would be between the tailgate and the board. I seem to remember the slot closer to the front on my 2000, I scrapped the idea. This has me interested though.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 10-26-2013, 11:14 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I have the AMP bed extender in my Ram and it's extremely versatile. I like it because I can drop my tailgate for things that are just that little bit too long for the bed and no have to worry about it sliding out when I put the pedal down. When it's inside the tailgate it is a full floor-to-lid cage to keep stuff from sliding into my nitrous bottle.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black/Silver
Rep:10
Iceman is on a distinguished road

From the reviews that I've read the bar is pretty good quality and plenty strong. Autoanything carrys the bar and use to carry the optional support as well but no long does.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I am interested in this topic as well.

Currently, I have a huge Rubbermaid tub with lid that I keep shoved up against the back of the cab. I keep spare gallons of windshield washer fluid, blanket, emergency kit, etc in there so it is weighted enough to not shift more than a few inches. It works, however I would love something that would allow room for groceries or miscellaneous stuffs, big and small.

As it is, the only downside of my tub is that there is only a half inch clearance between the top of the lid and bottom of my tonneau cover. It fits, but it is a pain to access without sliding it to the tailgate as the tub is slightly wider than the panels on my tonneau so it makes it difficult (but not entirely impossible) to remove the lid and get something out with the tub up against the cab.

A better option would be highly entertained! Subscribed!

EDIT:
I have considered the companion carry all sold by Fold-A-Cover (my tonneau is their G4 Elite) but they want a crap load of money for something that, to me, doesn't do enough to earn such a high price tag.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Sport
Color: black
Rep:70
orlasTToy will become famous soon enough

Interested in this topic as well.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Okay somebody has to say it........

RAMBOXES!! Hahahahaha........

I'm pretty sure it's been said before, but the Ramboxes are a great thing to have.

My brother is in the same boat as you folks with is 2013 Ram, and he did admit that he regrets not getting the Ramboxes.

I suggested that he use a series of 2x4's to block off the section of his bed, and then add a vertical piece to the 2x4's as well to act as a smaller compartment.

I have also suggested that he plastidip the whole thing to help make it look a little less ghetto.

Just a suggestion.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 dodge Ram 1500 5.7hemi 4x
Trim Level: slt
Color: light almond pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
Troyw740 is on a distinguished road

bungee cords and 5 gallon bukets or totes or I use both and I have a 6tons jack back there bungeed down right it wont move I wouldnt go spend a bunch of money
Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Okay somebody has to say it........

RAMBOXES!! Hahahahaha........

I'm pretty sure it's been said before, but the Ramboxes are a great thing to have.

My brother is in the same boat as you folks with is 2013 Ram, and he did admit that he regrets not getting the Ramboxes.

I suggested that he use a series of 2x4's to block off the section of his bed, and then add a vertical piece to the 2x4's as well to act as a smaller compartment.

I have also suggested that he plastidip the whole thing to help make it look a little less ghetto.

Just a suggestion.
As much as I can appreciate the Ramboxes and their function, they were not something I was willing to have on my truck. I preferred, and more importantly needed, a full size bed - side to side. The Ramboxes undeniably reduce the surface area of the bed. Not practical for everyone.

I posted on this thread, I assume for the same reason as the OP and others, for ideas and methods to utilize the bed area for storage in our trucks that do not have the Ramboxes. I chose not to have those on my truck.

I now am reaching out for suggestions and ideas that will work for my truck. Your suggestion of Ramboxes is laughable for the mere fact that those cannot be added to my truck after the fact. And I am not one to regret choices I have made, and I most certainly do not regret omitting those from my truck purchase.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:14 AM
Vaguely exact

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Rep:3148
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with you on this, Kai. Although these are obviously quite functional and popular, I just do not like the way they interrupt the clean lines of the truck. JMO.