DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:910
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold
Default Saturday afternoon quick detail

so today i decided to add some wax and clean er up a bit.

here is the process.

wash with poorboys super slick and suds and a LC cubed wash sponge.

then i hit it with some on the paint,

and some to top it off.

here are some pics.

then i threw some KAIO on the tail lights, windows, black trim, and chrome

then the engine bay

before

tools

after

tonneau cover product

after

all said and done...pretty satisfied with the quick clean up...should last me till the end of september until my last correction before the fall.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice indeed, looks like all that hard work paid off. Awesome shine !!
Old 08-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Looks great!!!!! I think I saw one small spec of dust just above the left taillight though----LOL. It looks like your a little cramped for space with all the toys--I know the feeling.
Jay
Old 08-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 8 Speed 3.92
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Peral
Rep:95
Jayincali will become famous soon enough

Looks good my friend. I see you have a couple cases of a certain blue box for refreshment huh.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

oh man. they toys are just the begining of my problems in this garage...two car my arse, maybe two smart carts...HAHA

i just got my shed up, so in the next couple weeks im sure to get most of my garage space back!!!

hehe blue box refreshements..other than bieng on sale right now, i only bought the blue boxes because of the free speaker they came with...rechargeable for use in the new shed with the IPOD!

my friend just suggested to me that the title of all my posts should be "this was a five beer job", this is a 10 beer job" etc.

this one, while the timing as short (5 hours) ended up being a few more beers than i needed..HAHA hence the dust spot above the tailight!!
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Looks great!

Especially on black, that makes things infinitely harder.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Black
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

SVRT is one of my favorite products. That stuff last for a long time when it's applied a few times. Great job!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

What dilution do you use Hyperdressing at?

And how do you like Opti-Bond at 1:1?

I see you and I probably have a comparably selection of products from your pictures.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
What dilution do you use Hyperdressing at?

And how do you like Opti-Bond at 1:1?

I see you and I probably have a comparably selection of products from your pictures.
i did the hyper dressing at 4:1 and tried it on my rear tires...first time ive tried it. honestly, when it first went on i didnt really like it, but it has actually settled in pretty good. i didnt clean the tires anything special to be honest, wwhich is probably why it didnt look good, but im going to try it on a few other things.

so far i had the same impression with the optibond. i tried it full strength and 1:1 and only found it spread better at 1:1, but seemed to give the same results either way.

i tried it on the fronts (again i didn't clean the tires all that well before use), but to be fair, i want to clean the tires with APC first then try again.

they have both had great reviews, so im sure they will be fine when applied porperly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
SVRT is one of my favorite products. That stuff last for a long time when it's applied a few times. Great job!
sorry ghost rider, im not sure what SVRT is...

Old 08-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Black
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

Lol I didn't zoom in on the engine bay cleaners. I thought it was a bottle of adams super VRT. It's a dressing for vinyl, rubber, and trim. It's not super glossy and dries crazy fast. It doesn't sling anywhere like a log of dressings. It's some good stuff. I use it on all my plastics on the outside, inside, and engine bay. It also makes your tires look deep black and new without a super shine.