DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Holtz639 is on a distinguished road
Default Truck Router-Wi-Fi

Does anyone have auto net or another router system for your vehicle?? How well do these work??
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Autonet Router, i got it through the Dodge dealership in 2009
I have used it in places that i didn't have cell phone service
I wouldn't say that it runs at about 3G, but it works well enough to do what i need it to do. I can be somewhere about 100 feet from the router & still use it
My unit has dual antennas & it sits under the back seat on the passenger side

My router is at least 4 years old & when the current contract with Autonet is up, i may not renew it, i am considering other options.
Originally hardly anyone had wi-fi in vehicles, now almost half of the truckers that i work for have wi-fi in the semi truck, as well as Fax machine & printer.
Most motels didn't have it, i always stayed at a Motel 6 because i could pay $2 & get online for 12 hours. Now finding a place to stay over night that has wi-fi is common place, some don't even charge for it

The cost per month for my wi-fi is $29 i believe, but if i go over a certain number of hours, it jumps another $20 ?? I believe the service is through Verizon. I don't deal with Verizon, everything is through Autonet & customer service is good.
I had to purchase my wi-fi router & it was more expensive then any phone that i knew about back then.
Now you can buy a phone that has internet for just a bit more then what i originally paid for mine & you can get a unlimited plan, my friends that have that type of phone, just go online & talk to the phone to find whatever they want.
What i don't know is if you can hook a cell phone up to a machine that is a Fax/Printer

In today's world, i would only consider buying a wi-fi router for a vehicle, if i was a construction contractor that worked out in the boondocks & i couldn't get into the local town & back during lunch time or longer

This is what i have,
http://www.autonetmobile.com/
__________________________________________________ _______

I have seriously thought about buying something like a inverter or converter.
115 vac to 12 vdc , so that i could take the wi-fi out of my truck & take it into places like my sisters house that doesn't have internet, then plug into a power source & then plug in the wi-fi router, so that i could get online when i am staying there at night, instead of having to sit in my truck or close to it & having to have the ignition key in the ACC. position
What i would need to know is what AMPs the wi-fi router uses, i am not in any way a electrician & i keep forgetting to ask someone who could tell me

Good Luck
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

To be totally honest I didn't even know there was such a thing...

But yeah. Any smartphone can become a mobile hotspot with the app "Foxfi".

$29to me is alot for wifi that can more or less only be used in a car, especially when i have wifi and Internet available on my phone.

But lets say the router is ran through Verizon, It might not get a signal where Verizon Phones don't get signals, I'm not sure if they use the same towers or things like that.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs