DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Black Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
TripleB is on a distinguished road
Default New Black Ram Egged

My new two week old sweet 2013 Black Ram Express was egged. One egg middle front of the hood. Ironic thing I but a bug deflector on to help on reducing potential marks to the hood. But since some a hole decided to egg me there are significant cuts/scrapes across the hood ending in a horse shoe pattern of cuts. One cut went through the black the rest went the clear into the black.
A painter friend says he can fill in the cuts then buff them out after the paint has dried a week. Another painter friend says the repair will not hold hold and I should just repaint the hold. The other guy says not to repaint just yet on a brand new truck but to wait an see how his repair job turns out. He manges a body shop.
I have never even heard of any egging where in the 13 years I have lived there. Really sucks.
First off I bought my Ram because of the way it looks and the ride. Did not spend much time looking at features but now I am wondering.
I see everyone loves their 8 speed transmission. I did not do any homework, my truck was built in Aug, it and the new 2014 Black Ram Express seem to still have the 6-speed trans.
So I have the 355 gears with the anti slip diff and 6 gear transmission.
Not sure what the anti sleep means w the 4wd
and the 5.0 Uniconnect. Feel like I might have got the fever on the looks of the truck and missed out on better feature if I would have not rushed.

I assumed the steering wheel controls would control the stereo, nope.
The MSRP was $37700 I paid $29k before taxes and misc. $31 out the door.

I welcome any comments feedback. Cheers!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 AM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

That sucks about the egging. It always pays to do homework. That being said I did kind of the same thing as you. I wanted a black Sport. I found one 3 hours away. I didn't even know about the 8 Speed. If I had to do it all over again I would get the 8 speed, leather seats (For the heated/ventilated option.) and a back up camera. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck and I am happy with the 6 speed. I just wish I would have done a little more homework.

Now, you may be able to do something about your situation. Bring the truck back to your dealer/salesman ASAP (After fixing the scratches.) and say you just aren't 100% happy with it. Make sure you say it is because it isn't enough truck for you. Tell them you want the 8 speed and whatever other options you want. They MAY work with you since it is more money for them. They may also tell you you are SOL. It never hurts to ask.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

The 8 speed is nice but its not worth taking a 4-6K hit on a trade in lol.

I have a lowly 6 speed in my '13, so did my '10 and '12 RAM, not sure exactly what the 8 speed would do to make my life batter. Sure I would rather have the 8 speed but I buy off the lot and the exact truck I wanted had the 6 speed so that what I have. Since the express is usually the lower priced model most dealers wont check the 8 speed option for stock. Nothing wrong with the 3.55/anti spin/6 speed. Anti spin is just a limited slip on the rear, the 13+ have a torsen style differential as opposed to the older clutch type limited slip and is a nice thing to have.

The steering wheel controls should work the stereo, the buttons are behind the wheel, I though all the 13+ Rams had them. Honestly with all the 8.4 uconnect problems you might be better off with the 5, at least you can swap out the radio for aftermarket if you want.

As far as the egging, havent seen it in a while myself, that sucks but not much you can do except fix it.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport QC
Rep:88
rkuhl84 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ48 View Post
The 8 speed is nice but its not worth taking a 4-6K hit on a trade in lol.

I have a lowly 6 speed in my '13, so did my '10 and '12 RAM, not sure exactly what the 8 speed would do to make my life batter. Sure I would rather have the 8 speed but I buy off the lot and the exact truck I wanted had the 6 speed so that what I have. Since the express is usually the lower priced model most dealers wont check the 8 speed option for stock. Nothing wrong with the 3.55/anti spin/6 speed. Anti spin is just a limited slip on the rear, the 13+ have a torsen style differential as opposed to the older clutch type limited slip and is a nice thing to have.

The steering wheel controls should work the stereo, the buttons are behind the wheel, I though all the 13+ Rams had them. Honestly with all the 8.4 uconnect problems you might be better off with the 5, at least you can swap out the radio for aftermarket if you want.

As far as the egging, havent seen it in a while myself, that sucks but not much you can do except fix it.
I'm not 100% about the 2014's but you couldn't get the 8-speed in the Express on the 2013's. Between the transmission, interior colors and gadgets, I got sucked into buying a Sport when I was originally looking at the Express. It was a slippery slope!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Ram CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:117
KJ48 will become famous soon enoughKJ48 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkuhl84 View Post
I'm not 100% about the 2014's but you couldn't get the 8-speed in the Express on the 2013's. Between the transmission, interior colors and gadgets, I got sucked into buying a Sport when I was originally looking at the Express. It was a slippery slope!
Never looked at a newer express to be honest but on the Ram site it looks like the express/SLT doesnt have the 8 speed option so you are probably correct.

I notice a lot of dealers load up an express with options and they end up costing more with less features than a base big horn.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:00 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:500
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

I believe the Big Horn is the lowest trim line in which the 8 speed is an option.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

The 8 speed will give you better mpg city wise, highway will be the same, final gear ratio on the 6 and the 8 are Identical.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Color: Flame red
Rep:40
RedDevil73 is on a distinguished road

Good grief. What kind of egg cuts through clearcoat and paint?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Rep:74
AirborneSilva will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil73 View Post
Good grief. What kind of egg cuts through clearcoat and paint?

yeah I was thinking the same thing, maybe an ostrich egg!?

At any rate there is a punk in the OP's neighborhood that needs a good ass whoopin!!!

2013 Ram Sport
1976 Corvette L82

Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Seriously it's not even Devils night, and somebody egged your truck!!

If I were you I would park it far away from your house on the 30th!