DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Rep:120
Ranman will become famous soon enoughRanman will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, I have a 2014 levelled with 2.5 HBS kit.
I have had 35x12.5 on my 20" stock rims and only had a slight rub at full turn. Those tires are done.
My question is, can I put 35x13.5 on my stock rims? Also can I assume I will have a rub or will I actually need wheel spacers now? Anything else I am forgetting?
MODS: Front window tint to match rear, Extang tri fold soft tonneau cover. Dee Zee running boards. Tinted tails and 3rd brake light. Blacked emblem and de-badged. Drop in K&N filter. 2.5 inch Hell Bent Steel leveling kit. Cabin air filter. Upper glove box. Magnaflow exhaust. Black bull bar with 20" Cree LED bar.
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue Streak Pearlcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 850lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Rep:10
rjbart75 is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 2500 question...tire/wheel--of course!

Hi all. First off, I've searched this thread in and out, and read the fitment guide, and researched a lot of information on offset, backspacing, flux capacitors, etc.

But, I am looking for advice based upon what you might have done. There is a ton of information here on the 1500, but I can't find a lot on the 2500 series...

My 2014 2500 Diesel is the subject vehicle. It's got 6000 miles now, and it's time to do some things.

What I am looking at is a BDS level kit. I do tow/haul so I'm going to go with the airlift loadlifter 5000 air spring in order to avoid the rear end slouch "bro stance" when towing.

Ok, now for the tires and wheels. After pouring over lots of info, I am looking at a 35x12.5 on a 17" wheel ...due to cost mainly. I've got extend-a-fenders on so I get almost 2 " of coverage.

I know the info says use a 9" wheel with a 5" backspacing...which, in this case means 0 offset, which I understand. Spent an hour with a tape measure and straightedge, and it looks like all will be well.

Tried searching for pictures of 2014's like this...no luck.

What have any 2014 2500 owners done with theirs? Understand, the 2014 rear suspension is a "new" 5-link design, and the aftermarket suppliers seem to be a little "slim" in their products available for this model year.

your thoughts, ideas, or links to posts that I missed are appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:48 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:2051
brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
Hey guys, I have a 2014 levelled with 2.5 HBS kit.
I have had 35x12.5 on my 20" stock rims and only had a slight rub at full turn. Those tires are done.
My question is, can I put 35x13.5 on my stock rims? Also can I assume I will have a rub or will I actually need wheel spacers now? Anything else I am forgetting?
Replied to the thread you posted up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbart75 View Post
Hi all. First off, I've searched this thread in and out, and read the fitment guide, and researched a lot of information on offset, backspacing, flux capacitors, etc.

But, I am looking for advice based upon what you might have done. There is a ton of information here on the 1500, but I can't find a lot on the 2500 series...

My 2014 2500 Diesel is the subject vehicle. It's got 6000 miles now, and it's time to do some things.

What I am looking at is a BDS level kit. I do tow/haul so I'm going to go with the airlift loadlifter 5000 air spring in order to avoid the rear end slouch "bro stance" when towing.

Ok, now for the tires and wheels. After pouring over lots of info, I am looking at a 35x12.5 on a 17" wheel ...due to cost mainly. I've got extend-a-fenders on so I get almost 2 " of coverage.

I know the info says use a 9" wheel with a 5" backspacing...which, in this case means 0 offset, which I understand. Spent an hour with a tape measure and straightedge, and it looks like all will be well.

Tried searching for pictures of 2014's like this...no luck.

What have any 2014 2500 owners done with theirs? Understand, the 2014 rear suspension is a "new" 5-link design, and the aftermarket suppliers seem to be a little "slim" in their products available for this model year.

your thoughts, ideas, or links to posts that I missed are appreciated.

Thanks!
Sounds like you've pretty much figured out exactly what you want to get. That setup shouldn't give you any issues at all and will definitely look good. Unfortunately you won't find a lot of information/pictures regarding wheel and tire sizing for 2500/3500's on this forum. I'm running 37x13.5's on my stock 17's on my truck. If you want I can PM you some pictures of what that looks like (I haven't posted any up yet as I'm waiting for my wheel spacers to show up before I post up a lift thread).
Old 05-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram outdoorsman
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Terry h is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 outdoorsman

Looking to level the front 3" plus new extended sway bar link and add 2" blocks in the rear plan on using maxx stack by Suspension MAXX's I have factory 265-70-17 and found factory 2014 20" 285-60-20 will his set up work also can I put on the new rim/tire combo on before the level kit can any body tell me the off set of both rims thanks for the help terry h
Old 05-26-2014, 07:28 PM

brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry h View Post
Looking to level the front 3" plus new extended sway bar link and add 2" blocks in the rear plan on using maxx stack by Suspension MAXX's I have factory 265-70-17 and found factory 2014 20" 285-60-20 will his set up work also can I put on the new rim/tire combo on before the level kit can any body tell me the off set of both rims thanks for the help terry h
You don't want to lift the front 3" with a diff/control arm drop and rear blocks won't work for you since you have coil springs not leaf springs. You need coil spacers. Take a look at the Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing linked in my signature. It will help you out with everything you need to know.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram outdoorsman
Terry h is on a distinguished road

I am sorry I did not add that my truck is a 2011 ram 2500 crew 4 door long box outdoorsman hemi
Old 05-26-2014, 10:51 PM

Ahh I see. That makes more sense.

I would recommend getting new shocks for the front as well or you're going to have a fairly rough ride. Other than that you won't have any issues and yes you can run the 285/60/20's before the level.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC Black Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:43
redrik is on a distinguished road

Ive got a 2013 1500 QC 2wd. Im planning on getting some Dropstar 645B 20x9 with a 0 offset. I want 305/50/20 Nitto 420s.
I currently have a 2" Level on the front but I want to take it out to give it the rake back for that kind of race truck look.
Will these tires fit without rubbing being that wide?
Old 05-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray
DatacomGuy is on a distinguished road

I need a new set of tires for my 13 express.

Currently running 275/60R20 (stock Goodyear SR-A's, ugh). Almost down to wear bars.

I need new tires for towing and daily driving. 5300# dry, haven't weighed the TT yet.

I'm getting lost looking at load ratings, etc. I want an AT tire, and similar in weight to the Goodyears (~43lbs), and at least a 50K mile tire.

Here is what i've found.. but i'm hoping for some input. Need to order soon.

Toyo OC AT2 in a LT275/65R20 is 57lbs.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 in a LT275/60R20 is 58lbs.

Bridgestone Revo 2 in a LT275/60R20 is 53lbs.

Michelin LTX A/T2 in a LT275/60R20 is 61lbs.

Holy shit. Factory tires are 43lbs. Going up 10lbs+ per tire is going to hurt, no? GRR. I have no idea what to do.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrik View Post
Ive got a 2013 1500 QC 2wd. Im planning on getting some Dropstar 645B 20x9 with a 0 offset. I want 305/50/20 Nitto 420s.
I currently have a 2" Level on the front but I want to take it out to give it the rake back for that kind of race truck look.
Will these tires fit without rubbing being that wide?
Ya they'll fit no problem since they're only 32" tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatacomGuy View Post
I need a new set of tires for my 13 express.

Currently running 275/60R20 (stock Goodyear SR-A's, ugh). Almost down to wear bars.

I need new tires for towing and daily driving. 5300# dry, haven't weighed the TT yet.

I'm getting lost looking at load ratings, etc. I want an AT tire, and similar in weight to the Goodyears (~43lbs), and at least a 50K mile tire.

Here is what i've found.. but i'm hoping for some input. Need to order soon.

Toyo OC AT2 in a LT275/65R20 is 57lbs.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 in a LT275/60R20 is 58lbs.

Bridgestone Revo 2 in a LT275/60R20 is 53lbs.

Michelin LTX A/T2 in a LT275/60R20 is 61lbs.

Holy shit. Factory tires are 43lbs. Going up 10lbs+ per tire is going to hurt, no? GRR. I have no idea what to do.
I would recommend the Toyo AT2's. They're the best AT tire out there IMO. 10+ lbs per tire isn't a ridiculous amount but combined with the increased size you probably will feel it at first. Within no time you'll get used to it though and it will be fine.