DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:2026
brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami1500 View Post
Ok. I've finally decided on a tire wheel combo for my 2014 sport cc. Going with a 17x9 wheel with -12mm offset and 315/70 R17. Currently I'm running a 20 inch rim with 275/65. Placing my order later today but I'm looking for some feedback on fitment.
Unless you find a way to keep it in offroad 2 all the time you're going to rub, no question.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs) | 30" curved LED Light Bar
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Oregon is on a distinguished road

Just put a 2" front spacer on my 08-1500. You guys have any feedback on what the biggest tire I can clear with chains? Im open to new wheels as well. Currently they are stock, but wont be for much longer.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn QC
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Northwest Dad is on a distinguished road

I have an '06 with a 2" level running 305/70r17 terra grapplers and wouldn't have a problem with chains. Wheels are 10mm offset.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram CC 4x4 6.4' w/ Rambox
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Deep cherry
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Paulramforum is on a distinguished road

Okay - I will apologize for the long post upfront - but I am ready to finally pull the trigger and get wheels and tires. I have read Brandon's guide and so many post on the forum website it's enough to make my head spin!! It is all very educational and helpful but also makes me question myself by reading so much information.

I am not an expert on this stuff so I appreciate any input.

I am considering Fuel throttles in either 18x9 or 20 inch. I currently have the 20 inch chrome clad stock wheels. (The stock tires actually measure out the 32 inches high). I have Bilsteins set to 2.1 on the front and stock rear. I am considering either BFG ATKO 3056518 or 2856520. bFG says the 18 inch tire has a 33.7 inch diameter and the 20 is a 34.7 inch diameter.

It looks like the 18x9 inch wheels will actually give me more sidewall. It looks as though 20 inch wheels will give me a bigger overall tire but a smaller sidewall.

Fuel offers the wheels in either +1or +19 offset. It doesn't matter the size. They also make a comment on their website that the lip size is 1.57" regardless of the backspace. I'm not sure I understand how that can be unless they add material to the back somehow?

My questions are:
From what I researched it looks like the +1 offset will stick out less than 1 inch further than what I have now. However it looks like the tires are also wider than what I have now so does that add to the 1 inch also?
Also what is the advantage going to a 10 inch wide wheel? Is there one? All the 10 inch wide wheels have negative offsets...not sure how that fits in.
Should I be considering other sizes?
Do the BFG tire measurements stay true once mounted?
Aam I missing something?

Thanks for the forumz thoughts and education!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulramforum View Post
Okay - I will apologize for the long post upfront - but I am ready to finally pull the trigger and get wheels and tires. I have read Brandon's guide and so many post on the forum website it's enough to make my head spin!! It is all very educational and helpful but also makes me question myself by reading so much information.

I am not an expert on this stuff so I appreciate any input.

I am considering Fuel throttles in either 18x9 or 20 inch. I currently have the 20 inch chrome clad stock wheels. (The stock tires actually measure out the 32 inches high). I have Bilsteins set to 2.1 on the front and stock rear. I am considering either BFG ATKO 3056518 or 2856520. bFG says the 18 inch tire has a 33.7 inch diameter and the 20 is a 34.7 inch diameter.

It looks like the 18x9 inch wheels will actually give me more sidewall. It looks as though 20 inch wheels will give me a bigger overall tire but a smaller sidewall.

Fuel offers the wheels in either +1or +19 offset. It doesn't matter the size. They also make a comment on their website that the lip size is 1.57" regardless of the backspace. I'm not sure I understand how that can be unless they add material to the back somehow?

My questions are:
From what I researched it looks like the +1 offset will stick out less than 1 inch further than what I have now. However it looks like the tires are also wider than what I have now so does that add to the 1 inch also?
Also what is the advantage going to a 10 inch wide wheel? Is there one? All the 10 inch wide wheels have negative offsets...not sure how that fits in.
Should I be considering other sizes?
Do the BFG tire measurements stay true once mounted?
Aam I missing something?

Thanks for the forumz thoughts and education!
You are correct that the difference between the 18 and 20 inch wheels is the amount of side wall you have. There are more sizes than a 305/65/18 and a 285/65/20 though... I wouldn't limit your choices to that. The full spec list can be found HERE. What your decision really needs to start with is whether or not you want an 18" or 20" rim. There are many tires with different overall sizes that will fit onto them.

If you stick with a +19 offset you're limited to a 285 wide tire to guarantee no rubbing. The +1 offset is a lot more common on leveled Rams as it provides more options for tire sizing. It will be sticking out 0.75" more.
You are correct in them adding/removing material from the mounting surface of the wheel to change the offset as well. The lip depth will be the same no matter what.

The advantage of a 10" wide wheel is a deeper lip, that's about it. With a 10" wide wheel and a negative offset you will definitely be sticking out further as well. With the tire sizes you're talking about I'd be staying with a 9" wide wheel.
Yes you should be considering other sizes as I mentioned above.
The spec sheet I've provided shows the overall measurements of the tires when mounted.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs) | 30" curved LED Light Bar
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 08-26-2014, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram CC 4x4 6.4' w/ Rambox
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Deep cherry
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Paulramforum is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brandon. It looks like the 305 is the next to largest BFG they make in 18" I was thinking the 325 may be too large. (Width and height?) will it fit OK as long as i stay with +1 offset?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

With the +1 offset you can fit the 325/65/18. It will be tight, but it will work.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1901
Trim Level: Model-T
Color: Black Pearl
Engine: 1981-1987 225ci (3.7L) Slant-6 95hp
valhala is on a distinguished road

Will 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi wheels fit on my 2014 Ram 1500 V6 Pentastar 4x4?

Trying to find out if 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi wheels will fit on my 2014 Ram 1500 V6 4x4?
The 2009 wheels are P275/60/R20 114S
My 2014 wheel are P265/70/R17 113R

I've actually mounted the 09 rims on my truck, I get vibration above 60 miles per hour and also the truck pulls left and right slightly.
I had them balanced yesterday and no improvement.
I've read about positive caster becuase of the wider tire, also read about hub-centric-rings but not sure if any of these will help and perhaps the 09 wheel are just not compatible with my 2014 truck? I'm tempted to just put my OEM 17's back on (but that would require buying new tpms sensors $275, mounting and balancing $200 and re-flash my speedo back to 17 inch wheels). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhala View Post
Will 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi wheels fit on my 2014 Ram 1500 V6 Pentastar 4x4?

Trying to find out if 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi wheels will fit on my 2014 Ram 1500 V6 4x4?
The 2009 wheels are P275/60/R20 114S
My 2014 wheel are P265/70/R17 113R

I've actually mounted the 09 rims on my truck, I get vibration above 60 miles per hour and also the truck pulls left and right slightly.
I had them balanced yesterday and no improvement.
I've read about positive caster becuase of the wider tire, also read about hub-centric-rings but not sure if any of these will help and perhaps the 09 wheel are just not compatible with my 2014 truck? I'm tempted to just put my OEM 17's back on (but that would require buying new tpms sensors $275, mounting and balancing $200 and re-flash my speedo back to 17 inch wheels). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
There shouldn't be any issues running stock 2009 wheels on a 2014. The hub bore and bolt pattern hasn't changed as far as I know. It's weird that you're having vibration problems with them. What I'd recommend doing is taking the wheels off and check the hub bore of your old ones compared to the new ones to verify that they are the same. If not you may need some hub centric rings to center the wheel on the hub. That should eliminate the vibration issue.
As far as the wander from side to side, it has nothing to do with your alignment as it doesn't change by changing the wheels/tires. Wider tires just tend to do that on the road (even though we're talking less than half an inch here)....

Old 08-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:16
zoomie is on a distinguished road
Default Best Highway Tire

I'm a Michelin man, always have been and I'm in southern Ontario so we get lots of winter. I have a set of summer and winter tires for my car but I use Michelin MS/2's for my jeep liberty and since it have 4wd I haven't purchased winter tires. They're ok, but I have to be careful with corners and stopping.

I'm 75% highway and only go off road to use a boat ramp about a dozen times a year.

Can you recommend a tire with similar noise and tread wear characteristics as the Michelin's but with better snow handling capability?

My 2014 CC 4x4 should arrive early October.