DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT 4X4
Color: Black
Rep:10
Jpeetro is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the quick response.
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 2500 4X4 5.7HO 6 spe
Trim Level: LT
Color: White
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Jimallen is on a distinguished road

Anyone having problems breaking belts in their Nitto tires?
My first set I believe were 295/65R20's which I got over 80,000 miles out of. My second and third sets the dealers changed me to 305/55R20's and i have broken belts on three tires. Always the passenger rear. I do occasionally tow a 12,000 lb + fifth wheel.

I need to replace them again, I am planning on going back the the 295's as they have a higher load rating.

Any comments or ideas?
Old 12-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Black Express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
BlkXpress25 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2013 Black Express Crew Cab. It came with the painted 20x8 rims. On the Tire and Wheel fitment sticky it states that 295's will fit on the rims without rubbing ( I will quote at end of page). The problem I am having is that no reputable tire companies are wanting to mount on the tires that I want. I am wanting the G Force T/A KDW2 in 295/45/20 instead of going the usual route of lowered trucks of the Nitto 420s (285/50/20). My reasoning for this is that on my 03 Cobra I couldn't get the G forces to slip, but I have heard that even on the rams that the nittos slip a bit.

My question is 2 part:
1) Can anyone confirm that the 295 width will fit on a 20x8 wheel?
2) Does anyone know a reputable, nationwide shop that will mount these?

" Exception for fourth gens with 8" wide stock rims: There is an exception to the above general rule for fourth gen trucks with the stock 8" wide rims. The narrower rim pulls the sidewall in more than the wider rim and allows fitment of a wider tire. Members with the 8" rims have confirmed no rubbing with 295/60/20 and 295/65/20. I personally have not seen confirmation of anything wider fitting but that doesn't necessarily mean it will not."
Old 12-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram R/T BSP
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Blue
Carcrazyguy is on a distinguished road

Are the bolt pattern and backspace the same on the 13-14 2wd and 4wd wheels? What the center hub opening, same for 2wd and 4wd wheels?
Old 12-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Djeazie is on a distinguished road

Here's my question...

I have a 2013 Hemi 4x4. Lift kit and Bilsteins sitting on the garage floor waiting for warmer weather for an install since I wont be able to get the truck out of the garage once the lift is installed. LOL

I see everyone running 35's with just a level, and a few running 37's with a actual suspension lift. I really wanna run 37's because I love the look. I have asked a few times what everyones opinion is on running 37's with my 3.55 gears. Most say dont do it and some say its not to bad. I realize this is a truck and I dont plan to drag race.
I am currently running a Bully Dog tuner on the regular tune and will surely be adding more performance mods. So with the addition of the other mods, will this help support running 37's? I can always switch to the 93 octane performance tune to aid is some loss in power. I just cant see running 35's with the 6" lift when guys run them with just a level.
Then I have thought since I have a 13 its a bitch to change gears due to the front axles bastard carrier and ring gear being welded. So with that in mind, couldnt I always swap to factory 3.92's or maybe a RT 4.10 gear set?
Sorry to keep bring this up but this is tough for me since I want them 37's so bad. Wish I would have paid attention when I bought the truck and got 3.92. One last thought, while checking out a few gear/tire calculators I have found that the 37" with 3.55 combo will yeild a 3.21ish final ratio when done (pretty sure I calculated this right). Wasnt the Ram offered in a 6spd/3.21 combo? If so I shouldnt be that bad, considering nobody really bitches about that combo. These new V8's make double the power truck 20 years ago had and they were running bigger tire that what I want to do...

If you actually read all of this you can see I have really done alot of thinking about this and am starting to go batshit crazy. LOL. Alot of guys say there wasnt much of a loss switching to 35's so can it really be that bad with 37's? Again I know I will take a hit on performance but I am hoping I can deal with it since it will look so bad ass with 37's!

What are your thoughts? Am I over thinking this? Am I worried about it too much? Am I really batshit crazy?
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Old 12-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkXpress25 View Post
I have a 2013 Black Express Crew Cab. It came with the painted 20x8 rims. On the Tire and Wheel fitment sticky it states that 295's will fit on the rims without rubbing ( I will quote at end of page). The problem I am having is that no reputable tire companies are wanting to mount on the tires that I want. I am wanting the G Force T/A KDW2 in 295/45/20 instead of going the usual route of lowered trucks of the Nitto 420s (285/50/20). My reasoning for this is that on my 03 Cobra I couldn't get the G forces to slip, but I have heard that even on the rams that the nittos slip a bit.

My question is 2 part:
1) Can anyone confirm that the 295 width will fit on a 20x8 wheel?
2) Does anyone know a reputable, nationwide shop that will mount these?
Typically 285's are the widest you can go without rubbing. But a number of guys have gotten away with 295's... just not everyone does. So I would have a set of 1/4" spacers on hand just in case you need them.

Just start going to a few different shops. There's no reason for them not to mount a 295 on an 8" rim. You have to remember, just because a shop is nationwide doesn't mean they're reputable. Lots of times the smaller more custom shops take more pride in their work and do a better job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazyguy View Post
Are the bolt pattern and backspace the same on the 13-14 2wd and 4wd wheels? What the center hub opening, same for 2wd and 4wd wheels?
Yes. The bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5" (139.7mm) and the hub bore is 78.7mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeazie View Post
Here's my question...

I have a 2013 Hemi 4x4. Lift kit and Bilsteins sitting on the garage floor waiting for warmer weather for an install since I wont be able to get the truck out of the garage once the lift is installed. LOL

I see everyone running 35's with just a level, and a few running 37's with a actual suspension lift. I really wanna run 37's because I love the look. I have asked a few times what everyones opinion is on running 37's with my 3.55 gears. Most say dont do it and some say its not to bad. I realize this is a truck and I dont plan to drag race.
I am currently running a Bully Dog tuner on the regular tune and will surely be adding more performance mods. So with the addition of the other mods, will this help support running 37's? I can always switch to the 93 octane performance tune to aid is some loss in power. I just cant see running 35's with the 6" lift when guys run them with just a level.
Then I have thought since I have a 13 its a bitch to change gears due to the front axles bastard carrier and ring gear being welded. So with that in mind, couldnt I always swap to factory 3.92's or maybe a RT 4.10 gear set?
Sorry to keep bring this up but this is tough for me since I want them 37's so bad. Wish I would have paid attention when I bought the truck and got 3.92. One last thought, while checking out a few gear/tire calculators I have found that the 37" with 3.55 combo will yeild a 3.21ish final ratio when done (pretty sure I calculated this right). Wasnt the Ram offered in a 6spd/3.21 combo? If so I shouldnt be that bad, considering nobody really bitches about that combo. These new V8's make double the power truck 20 years ago had and they were running bigger tire that what I want to do...

If you actually read all of this you can see I have really done alot of thinking about this and am starting to go batshit crazy. LOL. Alot of guys say there wasnt much of a loss switching to 35's so can it really be that bad with 37's? Again I know I will take a hit on performance but I am hoping I can deal with it since it will look so bad ass with 37's!

What are your thoughts? Am I over thinking this? Am I worried about it too much? Am I really batshit crazy?
You definitely have put a lot of thought into it and rightly so. It's a big decision to make. Honestly, if you're fine with loosing a bit of performance and fuel mileage I'd go for it. 35's do look okay with a 6" lift but 37's will look better, especially if you're cranking up the Bilsteins.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 12-24-2013, 02:00 PM

Thanks Brandon. I guess it is just gonna be one of those "see how I like it" kidna things. Any worry about the tranny and driveline longevity 37" vs 35"?
Kenwood Excelon 5 channel, complete speaker swap, JBL MS-8 tuned -- Husky Exact contour mats -- RCX 6" -- Bilstein 5100's -- Zone front uppers -- ProComp ProRunner rear shocks -- Fuel Nutz 20x10 -24 -- Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50 -- Retro HIDs
Old 12-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Yup, it's not like you're stuck with the decision forever. You can always pull the tires off and put different ones on if you want to.

As long as you aren't putting your foot to the floor every time you leave a stop light you should be fine with 37's. You just have to be smart about your driving and realize it's a lifted truck with 100 pound tires on it, not a sports car.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 12-24-2013, 02:37 PM

Exactly thanks bud!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:28 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Black Express
Rep:28
BlkXpress25 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brandon!