DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
A Cummins is definitely a lot harder on an MT tire. The increased weight and torque wears them down WAY faster than on a 1500 gasser.
Very very true. An MT loses it's "MT" performance a lot sooner than an AT or other type of tread too though.

For what I personally buy and use MT's for, they aren't much good anymore by about 8/32". They still hold air, look fine, work fine on the (dry) road etc. But with only a 1/4" of tread left, they are starting to get pretty useless as an actual mud tire. So, I only keep an MT in service past that if I just can't afford to replace them. If I have the money, any MT on any vehicle of mine is going away at about the 8/32" mark. Which, even on my Jeep, which is light compared to a CTD and has no power at all, means they last less than 40K.

But, those Toyo's pictured above, they really did just kinda suck. I was sooooo sick of hearing them howl and feeling them shake by the time they got down to a quarter inch, I couldn't WAIT to get rid of them. Not as bad as Swampers or anything like that mind you. But for the money? And compared to something like a KM2? They were pretty sucky.

The KMC wheels sure did not help either though. Really poor quality wheels. Had one of them replaced, it took like 3 oz. to balance without even a tire on it! Chrome started peeling off before they were two years old. Crappy tin foil covered plastic center caps engineered to self eject the first bump they hit off road. Etc., etc. I'd consider another Toyo tire, especially the AT2X. Definitely never going to buy KMC's again though...

- DAA
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2013, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Rep:13
galfer is on a distinguished road

now I just wish I could find some pictures of them on our trucks to see how they look
Old 11-16-2013, 10:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport fully loaded
Color: charcoal grey
Rep:108
chadster21 will become famous soon enoughchadster21 will become famous soon enough

37'' toyos on my 2012 ram. so far i have 12k miles, wearing excellent, very very quiet (ive ran almost all mud tires before) this tire impresses me and i expect to see 40-50 k mile out of them