DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, and its going behind the seat facing up, its actually alot smaller than it looks...lol.
Its only 9x13x25...i already test fit and its all good!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Keep us posted. Those Sundown subs are amazing. It will definitely be much more musical than your old Kicker.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:529
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Thanks, and its going behind the seat facing up, its actually alot smaller than it looks...lol.
Its only 9x13x25...i already test fit and its all good!!
I guess It is only an 8in sub.. It makes it look big haha.
Green Interior LEDs
^^^PLOT TWIST^^^ truck was totaled
Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 PM

shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by the persuader View Post
Keep us posted. Those Sundown subs are amazing. It will definitely be much more musical than your old Kicker.
Will do, i havent had alot of time to work on it, i barrowed a dremel from work last night and did all the trimming, right now tweaking on it. Once i had the dash kit on it wasnt sitting flush on the top... im going to mess with it some more if not ill just use a small washer. Lol. Sub is wired up and jn the box, just got to finish up on the screen and figure out where im runnin the aux to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
I guess It is only an 8in sub.. It makes it look big haha.
Yeah, it looks pretty massive in the pic lol
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

Old 11-09-2013, 12:35 PM

Well, i figured out what im goin to do for the usb and aux. I found a usb/aux flush mount fir my dash, and to my luck NO ONE carries one around here. Only place that has them has one or the other but not on the same mount. So im going to wrap it all up today and mount it when it comes in mail.

Damn this has been an install. Lol.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:01 PM

It is done!!! Well besides the usb/aux port in my last post.

Here some pics guys!!

Overall!!! I love it. The sa8 is sooooo much better SQ, its just a little louder than the cvr, but it was expected. It plays lower also thanks to the ported box. Its not broke in yet so im takin it kinda easy so far.

As for the kenwood, i love it too. It takes a little time to get used to it since ive ive always had regular single din HU in the past. Takes a little time to change certain settings but im sure ill find shortcuts ect.
Sound quality is great as well and it just looks badass!!!

Old 11-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:529
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

If you're impatient with breaking it in, heres what was recommend for my friends American Bass HD:

attach an AC car battery charger to your battery, Turn your truck on to the like, accessory position, where just the power is on, then play low notes all night. Not loud enough to hear outside the car, just enough to get the coils moving.

Someone else might be able to chime in on if thats actually safe or not, but that what we were told buy someone who used to run 6 18's at competitions.

OH! and nice job with the install and everything!
Green Interior LEDs
^^^PLOT TWIST^^^ truck was totaled
Old 11-10-2013, 12:35 AM

Thanks!!!

And i think ill just go the old fasion way and take it easy for awhile. Lol

Old 11-10-2013, 01:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Looks great! The Sundown products are pretty impressive.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
tunethis is on a distinguished road

Thats a nice setup. I've been looking at the sa8v2 for a while. Even before I bought my single cab. After seeing that box, I may grab one myself. That box looked so much bigger in the other pics. Keep us updated on the sound after it's broken in.