DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2013, 05:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge 1500 QC! black
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
1135 is on a distinguished road
Default Remoter Starter

Hi all' I did a search and didn't find anything current, very old threads.
Anyway, I have a 2005 Ram 1500, 4.7 L, automatic. I would like to install a remote starter. I've looked on line and have found the Dball express kit very cheap, special now for 49.00. Seams awful cheap. Is this a good unit? Would any of you recommend this? Has anyone installed this unit and had favorable results? I don't need all the bells and whistles...just want the truck to start in the winter...

Thanks all
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 1500 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
KingofDomain will become famous soon enough

You get what you pay for, I have a high end and for 5 years now. Remote start everyday with no problems, for $49.00 does seam awful cheap. I would say try and get more reviews on it, also I would get it installed by someone so a warranty would cover any problems, just my opinion. If you know the trucks electrical system then good luck... I hope you find what your looking for.....
Old 12-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:18
AFMEDIC is on a distinguished road

I got a clifford on ebay last year for 0.99. The are deals out there but look for them on the higher end stuff. There is no factory spey for clifford to non authorized individuals and authorized individuals will not give you what you need without money, but if you know a little about the systems you don't need it anyways.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:16 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get the remote start installed? How's it working out?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:53 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Maroon
Rep:18
AFMEDIC is on a distinguished road

I installed it myself. I am an Automotive Electrical Technician and I worked for a while as an upfitter, so not only do I not trust anyone to work on my stuff, but I can do it better myself. All these garages want to use scotch locks and electrical tape when they install stuff. I will only solder and heat shrink my connections so that I know I will never have a problem with any of my wiring. I have had it on for 2 years and it has been awesome. Makes it easy in the winter time. These trucks aren't hard to install on, there is just a little more to it. The locks are a one wire control, and one resistance locks the doors and a different resistance on the wire does unlock. The park lights are also resistance controlled on one wire, so you will have to add some relays and some resistors. All in all I had to add 4 relays and 3 resistors but there is plenty of room under the dash to hide it all. Good luck with it and if you decide to put one in shoot me a PM and ill be more than happy to share any assistance that I can
Old 12-25-2013, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Gray
Rep:10
Lake O Hunter is on a distinguished road

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have had this avital system for three years now; its worked well and was inexpensive. I am not saying anything against the dball system just letting people know there's two fairly inexpensive systems out there working well.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: St
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:42
Jimbug is on a distinguished road

I have the Dball system, it was all plug and play and was working in about 10 minutes. No cutting wires. I have had it for over a year now and no problem. I paid $60 for mine and not having to spice wires is a big plus. all you need is a dball that is programmed and a y harness. Most sellers will program it for free.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:46 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMEDIC View Post
I installed it myself. I am an Automotive Electrical Technician and I worked for a while as an upfitter, so not only do I not trust anyone to work on my stuff, but I can do it better myself. All these garages want to use scotch locks and electrical tape when they install stuff. I will only solder and heat shrink my connections so that I know I will never have a problem with any of my wiring. I have had it on for 2 years and it has been awesome. Makes it easy in the winter time. These trucks aren't hard to install on, there is just a little more to it. The locks are a one wire control, and one resistance locks the doors and a different resistance on the wire does unlock. The park lights are also resistance controlled on one wire, so you will have to add some relays and some resistors. All in all I had to add 4 relays and 3 resistors but there is plenty of room under the dash to hide it all. Good luck with it and if you decide to put one in shoot me a PM and ill be more than happy to share any assistance that I can
Voonderbar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
I have the Dball system, it was all plug and play and was working in about 10 minutes. No cutting wires. I have had it for over a year now and no problem. I paid $60 for mine and not having to spice wires is a big plus. all you need is a dball that is programmed and a y harness. Most sellers will program it for free.
Good to know. Thanks for the input!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Rep:246
HemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura aboutHemiLonestar has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Why not just install the factory kit? Part number 82208863

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people