DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport QC
Rep:88
rkuhl84 will become famous soon enough
Default Adding Auto Climate Control

Has anyone out there looked into what would be involved in adding single zone auto climate control to vehicles with the 8.4?

The temperature scroll thing is a joke. I'd rather have a climate knob than this stupid scroll bar. Takes way too long to go from one end of the spectrum to the other. Going into the menu and dragging it on screen doesn't work very well either.

I almost think it would be a firmware flash option to the 8.4 as the button control panel looks identical (at least to trucks with single zone). Not sure where the temp sensor would be located though. Might be somewhere but not in use?
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Big Horn
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Tenbaseg is on a distinguished road

I have the same complaint. I wish I had opted for the climate control.

My assumption is that you'd need multiple temperature sensors in the cab and ductwork to support the dual zones.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM

Yea, I could see installing dual zone not being realistic but I'd think single zone would be rather simple. We know the 8.4a is already capable of controlling single zone climate and the buttons are already there. I think it would just be a matter of if there is a temp sensor (if not can you easily add it) and flashing the 8.4 to allow auto climate control.

Is there a hard button for "Auto" on the single zone climate or is it a soft button on the touch screen?

EDIT: I guess I'm not sure single zone was even an option? I can't find a single image of a Ram with the 8.4 and single zone climate. If it doesn't have the two sets of temp control buttons, it had the manual system like I already have. I swore I saw single zone climate when I was looking at trucks. Maybe I was assuming if it had the up/down temp buttons that it was to set Degrees, not move a dumb slider.

I configured a 2014 Ram Sport just like mine and it came standard with Dual Zone climate. I didn't add a single option or group.

Climate Control Options
A/C Auto Temperature Control with Dual Zone Control

Last edited by rkuhl84; 11-25-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:56 PM

Apparently it was standard on 2013 Sports as well, at least at some point in the model year???? I'm a bit perturbed if that is the case.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Doge Ram Power Wagon
Color: White
Rep:24
mtnrider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkuhl84 View Post
Has anyone out there looked into what would be involved in adding single zone auto climate control to vehicles with the 8.4?

The temperature scroll thing is a joke. I'd rather have a climate knob than this stupid scroll bar. Takes way too long to go from one end of the spectrum to the other. Going into the menu and dragging it on screen doesn't work very well either.

I almost think it would be a firmware flash option to the 8.4 as the button control panel looks identical (at least to trucks with single zone). Not sure where the temp sensor would be located though. Might be somewhere but not in use?
I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I HATE that stupid scrolling temp thing. I would much rather have a old fashion knob then that. What a pain in the a$$.
Actually I would love to have all the climate function taken out of the 8.4. Let me select it all from dash buttons. I hate that I have to go to the climate screen to select where to direct the air flow etc.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Dodge sent me a survey and that was my biggest complaint. I said touch screens are cool but they should focus more on safety and not gadgets. Put back the buttons that can be felt for climate control and radio selection thus keeping eyes on road. There are way to many distractions without adding more to our vehicles! SAFETY FIRST!!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM59 View Post
Dodge sent me a survey and that was my biggest complaint. I said touch screens are cool but they should focus more on safety and not gadgets. Put back the buttons that can be felt for climate control and radio selection thus keeping eyes on road. There are way to many distractions without adding more to our vehicles! SAFETY FIRST!!
I got one shortly after my purchase. Part of the survey asked my opinion of touch screen controls versus knobs and buttons. Touch screen is cool but when I'm driving I want knobs and buttons.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Rep:32
Red2014 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys.
Sorry no trying to steal your thread but I have a question regarding the same issue.
I have the RA4 8.4AN does this not come with auto climate control? I cant find it and don't think it's on there but thought id ask.I have a 2014 sport crew.
Thanks for any help.