DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: Does your truck have any problems or not?
No Problems Whatsoever 94 61.04%
Had or Have One or Two Small Problems 56 36.36%
Had or Have Lots of Problems. 4 2.60%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
rb10475 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Of the 10 or even 50 posts you see here there where over a few 100k+ trucks produced.

You are seeing the internet megaphone effect. Most of the people who have nothing wrong with their trucks don't post about it!

If we had people posting about how their trucks have nothing wrong with them and updating us everyday about how nothing is wrong with their truck just like those that complain of small issues or have a legitimate issue this forum and many others would get flooded.

All brands have their common problems sure. Most of the time there is a fix or it is just known.
I would have to agree. I've owned a lot brands of vehicles and every forum is the same. It doesn't matter if it is the RAM, Toyota, VW, or the BMW forums. A forum is the last thing you should use to judge whether or not to buy a vehicle. Make that choice by what turns you on and then you will love what you drive. If you don't get that right you will look for everything wrong with the vehicle and just be unhappy from the start.

I would use the forum as a research tool to educate yourself on what the known problems are for the year and make of what you are buying and then you can look to see if the vehicle you are purchasing has those issues.

But to answer your question, I have 20K miles on my 2013 RAM with no mechanical issues at all. I only have a few issues with vehicle phone error message.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:56 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Only 2 problems with mine after 5200 miles. First problem was with the Goodyear tires that should never have been installed on a full sized 4x4 truck. I drove over a baseball sized rock on a dirt road in a campground and cut the tire beyond repair. I upgraded to LT tires. Second problem is that I don't get to drive my Ram as much as I want. I have a company vehicle that I drive 5-6 days a week so my Ram oftentimes sits in the garage for a week at a time. I don't think Ram can fix that though.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:29
Omac is on a distinguished road

I love my RAM everytime I drive it I get happy and feel lucky I was able to buy it.
Mopar Hood Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps Front/Rear, Fire/Ice Mud Flap LEDs, Tonno Bed Cover, Mopar Bed Mat, Mopar Tailgate Liner,Window Tint, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liner Front/Rear, Mopar Chrome Gas Door
Old 10-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:262
SteelTownStang is a jewel in the roughSteelTownStang is a jewel in the roughSteelTownStang is a jewel in the rough

my '14 had a few cosmetic issues that were remedied... and the radio not maintaining presets, but otherwise everything works as advertised.
MODS: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, aFe Stage II CAI, Extang Solid-Fold Tonneau, Mopar Side Steps, Mopar Mats & Bedliner, AMP Bed XTender, Daystar 2.5 Leveling Kit, Fuel Pump Black Wheels (20x9/+1 Offset), Toyo Open Country Extreme A/T Tires (35/12.50/20), Aries Stealth Bull Bar, & KC SlimLites.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013
Color: silver
Rep:30
Jabalone is on a distinguished road

If you don't count the Uconnect, the complaints likely dwindle significantly. Let's face it, the stereo has lots of issues for many. Luckily, most people don't buy a truck based solely on the quality of the factory sound system.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Gray
Rep:10
bsmith79 is on a distinguished road
Wink I Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Of the 10 or even 50 posts you see here there where over a few 100k+ trucks produced.

You are seeing the internet megaphone effect. Most of the people who have nothing wrong with their trucks don't post about it!

If we had people posting about how their trucks have nothing wrong with them and updating us everyday about how nothing is wrong with their truck just like those that complain of small issues or have a legitimate issue this forum and many others would get flooded.

All brands have their common problems sure. Most of the time there is a fix or it is just known.
I agree wholeheartedly! In fact this poll was somewhat of an experiment. I figured that there were many on the forum that had no problems with their Ram truck but wondered how to get those folks to speak up. Ah! Do a poll! And sure enough, all those with nothing bad to say about their truck came out of the woodwork just as expected. Gotcha!

By the way, I fall into the second answer as far as my truck goes! And at the moment it is working out very well!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

No problems here so far (knocking on wood) I am very happy with my Ram truck.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Having the same problem as Explorer Bob. Just makes driving it much more enjoyable.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Bright White
Rep:10
Dvp16 is on a distinguished road

The best vehicle I ever owned was a Saab (don't laugh) until GM got ahold of them and ran them into the ground so they could use their Turbo design-hence the Chevy Cruze. I have owned Chevy trucks and Dodge and all vehicles have issues from time to time. I agree with one of the other posts- on these sites most of what you see are complaints not people just posting about how happy they are so you have to take that into consideration on any vehicle when researching. What really matters to me is how a manufacturer deals with the problems when they occur. Generally they deny any problems until the masses raise hell and point to the repetitive nature of the issues and how many people are having problems. That I believe is a good reason for these forums...so we all can understand what is going on when there are issues. But from my perspective the Ram has no more problems than other trucks I hear my friends complain about. IMO Chevy is stuck in the 80's and Ford-well they have their issues also just visit one of their forums.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:11 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Couldn't be happier. Loving the RAM.

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"