DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Are the turn signal marker lights in the tow mirrors covered under warranty

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  vyper340 
#1 ·
Hi,

My left side mirror marker light stopped working along with the puddle light. I took it to the dealer today and they said it was not covered under warranty. I expected the cost to be a few bucks as I figured it was just a simple bulb replacement. Was I wrong. $140 later in addition to the labor costs just for the turn signal light alone. I figured it would be under warranty as the tech said he had to replace a whole compartment to change the light. The truck is only 16 months old. So am I out of luck on these lights being covered under warranty? Looking in the Manual it states bulbs are not covered but these seem like more then simple bulbs. Any help is appreciated. BTW, I am in Canada but the warranties are almost identical. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I'm also in Canada.

What is your mileage at? I have a 2012 with the tow mirrors and within the first 20,000 kilometers I had the puddle lamps and turn signal lamps (they are both separate units) replaced under warranty without paying a single penny.

I know regular bulbs such as brake light and headlight bulbs are covered for the first 20,000km, but I would tend to think LED lights would be different.

I would call Chrysler Canada as they can get you the definitive answer.

#4 ·
I don't know if it would do any good, but you could call or email Chrysler Canada, Customer Assistance for a Clarification of Factory Warranty stipulations
ie: both lamps burning out in the mirror & at the same time
sounds like a electrical wiring issue to me

http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/index.html

they may have changed the RAM Factory Warranty to MOPAR Vehicle Protection WARRANTY

#5 ·
If you read your warranty (at least in the US), lights are only covered for 12 months/12000 miles. They are considered a wear item (like brakes and tires). If you can show it is an electrical system problem then you should be covered, if the lights simply went out then it is on you.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have Chrysler Canada looking into this. I have read the manual from cover to cover and I understand bulbs are at my cost but this is not a simple bulb issue. They had to remove the entire casing that the LEDs are housed in. Anyways, I will keep the thread updated with the outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.