DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:13
Grumpy is on a distinguished road

Get LINE-X Premium instead of standard LINE-X. Premium won't fade.
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2767
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
I'm afraid to remove my drop in liner because i'm scared to see whats underneath it..
You should just save up, rip the liner out and get green line x
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
You should just save up, rip the liner out and get green line x
well shit, do they make that!?

Either way that means I would get to find all the gross rust that i don't want to know about.. and have to fix all of that..
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:471
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
well shit, do they make that!?

Either way that means I would get to find all the gross rust that i don't want to know about.. and have to fix all of that..
I believe sanding the bed is part of the prep work (since it is basically a metal finish) so the installer would probably do it for you, but I'd definitely recommend getting one before your bed rusts out. You never know what's under there
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

im not sure if i want to know whats under there.... plus id have to remove my tonneau cover as well and that looks like its going to be a pain in the ass to take off.
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2767
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
im not sure if i want to know whats under there.... plus id have to remove my tonneau cover as well and that looks like its going to be a pain in the ass to take off.
They actually do have a green line-x option, can do colour coating ones. And a cover is always hard the first time. But after that it becomes easier. And they do sand and prep it all down. Just drop it off with the liner in and pick it up with spray liner inside and you never will have to see what was under there.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
They actually do have a green line-x option, can do colour coating ones. And a cover is always hard the first time. But after that it becomes easier. And they do sand and prep it all down. Just drop it off with the liner in and pick it up with spray liner inside and you never will have to see what was under there.
I knew my wallet was going to hate this forum the second I joined..
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcleo55 View Post
do most guys have a spray in bed liner or a bed rug / plastic insert?
how about some suggestions for a good bed cover
thanks!
I agree with what everybody has said, but I thought that I would make it a little clearer just in case you don't quite understand what they are saying.

We sometimes skip over the important bits because we know what we are talking about, and just figure that everybody else does too. You may have in fact understood it, but here you go anyway. LOL......

The lay in bed liners aren't a "bad" thing when you can't get anything else, but a spray in is definitely the way to go.

The lay in liners will fit good and protect your bed in the beginning, but over time there will be water and condensation and other bits of debris that will get caught between the liner and the bed of the truck.

As you can imagine over time as the line shifts back and forth, this will cause wear marks on the bed of the truck. Coupled with the trapped water or condensation, this will get into said crack and eventually cause the bed of your truck to rust out.

Now you could always take out that plastic liner yearly if you wanted too, and inspect the damage. If there is none, then put the liner back in and away you go. However if there are signs of rust then you would be smart to sand it down, repaint it and then put your liner back in.

That's too much work for me and in the long run a much more expensive route to go, rather than have the spray in liner done from the beginning.

If you can afford it then I would have the factory do it, but if you can't, then there are after market kits available that you can do the job yourself.

I hope we have been able to help you out?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
pries is on a distinguished road

I find the plastic bed liners to be very slippery especially in the winter with snow. It would be too easy to slip and fall if you happen to be working in the back of the truck tying things down.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsmart View Post
i agree with what everybody has said, but i thought that i would make it a little clearer just in case you don't quite understand what they are saying.

We sometimes skip over the important bits because we know what we are talking about, and just figure that everybody else does too. You may have in fact understood it, but here you go anyway. Lol......

The lay in bed liners aren't a "bad" thing when you can't get anything else, but a spray in is definitely the way to go.

The lay in liners will fit good and protect your bed in the beginning, but over time there will be water and condensation and other bits of debris that will get caught between the liner and the bed of the truck.

As you can imagine over time as the line shifts back and forth, this will cause wear marks on the bed of the truck. Coupled with the trapped water or condensation, this will get into said crack and eventually cause the bed of your truck to rust out.

Now you could always take out that plastic liner yearly if you wanted too, and inspect the damage. If there is none, then put the liner back in and away you go. However if there are signs of rust then you would be smart to sand it down, repaint it and then put your liner back in.

That's too much work for me and in the long run a much more expensive route to go, rather than have the spray in liner done from the beginning.

If you can afford it then i would have the factory do it, but if you can't, then there are after market kits available that you can do the job yourself.

I hope we have been able to help you out?
very well stated
Green Interior LEDs