DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of
Default Anti Bullying awareness

Folks, please be on the look out for any sort of bullying that may be happening around your children. This is a HUGE problem, and it's up to us as parents to be aware and to intervene before it may be too late. A parent snooping and prying into what it going on in their kids' lives isn't an invasion of privacy, it's love.

One of the girls featured in the story linked below is the sister of one of the students at my karate school. I've been in class with her sister, she's a sweet kid that was hit hard by the effects of her sister's bullying. The boy, TZ was a friend of my son, who was also hit hard by this.

Bullying is a real problem, it's not just kids being kids. Some kids are able to handle it better than others, some can't handle the pressure at all.

http://www.ksla.com/story/23840953/t...-investigation

At the very least, take the time to sit down and talk to your kids, help them understand that bullying not only CAN be stopped, it NEEDS to be stopped. Help your kids recognize just what bullying is, many of them don't realize if they're being bullied, or perhaps inadvertently doing the bullying themselves.

Thanks for taking the time. I thank you. Your kids will thank you

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread Exco, I hate bullying. Went through that crap when I was little in elementary school when I overweight and not to strong. With help from my family and close friends and working out, I got through dealing with those kids and by the time highschool came those kids wouldn't dare say a word to me as I was bigger and stronger then them. Whenever I saw someone being bullied, I would intervene, as no one deserves to be put through all the stupid bullshit that some people just do to be entertained. Especially when no one knows what the Victims personal lives are already going through.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

What causes bullying? People, students, and even teachers not sticking up for whats right.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-05-2013, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Social media also plays a huge roll in the bullying syndrome, and needs to be addressed by all parents.

Before the advent of social media the cases of bullying were far less than what we hear of today, and why? Because our children at least had a reprieve from the thugs at school when they were at home with family and friends.

We used to go out and play on the streets and play things like hide-and-go-seek, road hockey, soccer and catch. I don't see nearly as much of that now as I did when I was a kid.

Now you see kids with their faces buried in their electronic devices, and this is having an adverse affect on their social upbringing, not to mention what it is doing to their scholastic skills and health issues.

Set aside a certain amount of time that you allow your kids to be connected, and then cut them off. Get involved in your kids lives and be a positive roll model, not a negative one.

The electronic age is our future and it's not too late to teach our kids the values and morals that most of us have been brought up with.

It saddens and sickens me to see kids picking on others. Whilst this is a normal part of life and most of us have endured this at some point in our youths, pack bullying is not right and needs to be stopped.

Thank you Escoastie for being strong enough to bring this up in a forum that really has nothing to do with social interaction outside of the motoring world.

Last edited by RedSmart; 11-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2744
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
What causes bullying? People, students, and even teachers not sticking up for whats right.
It goes beyond school, but that is a major subject to it. Even in sports teams there is bullying and discrimination where the coaches are unaware of and the victim is scared to bring it up in fear of not being liked by his/ her team mates and the coach.
Social media is terrible for it. Sometimes a child can't escape the pressure of being bullied. Leave school and constantly get texts, calls, posts all over the internet directed to them or about them. Hell even in professional sports there is bullying. Just within the last week the Miami Dolphins offensive linemen Jonathan Martin being bullied by a fellow o-linment Richie Incognito. Since he was drafted last year has taken constant verbal abuse through text, calls, social media, locker room and was also forced to pay $15,000 for a Vegas trip that he didn't even go on. He just walked out of Miami's facility last week and has taken a leave of absent and this whole story has just come out. You would think that on a professional level of one the worlds biggest sports, that players would learn to respect each other and be able to be good role models to children looking up at them. Story found here.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-05-2013, 03:14 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Kids need to start standing up for themselves. I had a kid try to bully me in 7th grade, even though i was twice his size, so I choke slammed him. Game over.

Eric

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post
Kids need to start standing up for themselves. I had a kid try to bully me in 7th grade, even though i was twice his size, so I choke slammed him. Game over.

Eric
I tend to agree with you, up to a point, but there is only so much the kids can do on their own. In today's world, if someone stands up for themselves the way that you described they'll likely find themselves arrested or worse.

I wish the days of being able to stand up to the school yard bully, and knock the crap out of him were still here. Sadly they are not. Bullying is no longer limited to the school yard, and kids cannot get away from the bullying behavior simply by going home, today's technology follows them.

I think the best defense against bullies is the parent. Parents need to be involved, and they need to ensure what is happening to and around their children. Sometimes kids won't talk about this crap, make them do so.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 11-05-2013, 04:29 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Good point Exco. There are too many avenues. You can't just come home and leave it at school. Its all over Twitter and Facebook these days.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2505
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
Folks, please be on the look out for any sort of bullying that may be happening around your children. This is a HUGE problem, and it's up to us as parents to be aware and to intervene before it may be too late. A parent snooping and prying into what it going on in their kids' lives isn't an invasion of privacy, it's love.

One of the girls featured in the story linked below is the sister of one of the students at my karate school. I've been in class with her sister, she's a sweet kid that was hit hard by the effects of her sister's bullying. The boy, TZ was a friend of my son, who was also hit hard by this.

Bullying is a real problem, it's not just kids being kids. Some kids are able to handle it better than others, some can't handle the pressure at all.

http://www.ksla.com/story/23840953/t...-investigation

At the very least, take the time to sit down and talk to your kids, help them understand that bullying not only CAN be stopped, it NEEDS to be stopped. Help your kids recognize just what bullying is, many of them don't realize if they're being bullied, or perhaps inadvertently doing the bullying themselves.

Thanks for taking the time. I thank you. Your kids will thank you

Exco
Good post you are absolutely correct. Yes this is a big and also unfortunate problem and apparently not limited to kids as we are learning about the Miami Dolphins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully's Performance View Post

Eric
Too simplistic, if only it were that easy for some kids. Not all kids are able or willing to stand up for themselves, as you were able to do. Thankfully as a kid I was able, but I knew some who could or would not. I had several fights sticking up for other kids who were being bullied. These kids need a lot of positive support.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Prone to maundering

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3148
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with OP, and all others' opinions on this. Hits home with me. I endured some bullying when I was 7 or 8. Ended some attempted bullying at age 13 with a hard right to the bullies mouth, but as stated, I was able to do so and those days are long gone. 100% agree with limiting kids' time on devices. A good percentage of bullying starts and escalates on these.