DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White/Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:11
5.2firefighter is on a distinguished road

Whats up guys, I'm went to go get the white one, and happened to try and engage the 4x4, couldnt get it, said screw that and went to get the black one, took her for a drive and i could turn the wheel from the 12 position to the 9 position and over to the 3 position and still be driving in a straight line down the road....that was a bummer... but i know have found this truck 2002 1500 quad cab 5.9 360 alt with a bunch of stuff on it 174000 5500 firm he says but cash can change that right away haha, what do you guys think?http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4156894755.html
Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

That sucks. But I don't think I would have given up on the white one so easily. That's a great negotiating tactic. Maybe see if the owner is amenable to going to a dealer and having the problem diagnosed to see how much to get it fixed and deduct that amount from the price. If he won't do that, maybe he already knew and knows its a costly job. If he is willing to go to a dealer, then he probably didn't know and its worth finding out.
I don't like the red one. I see no indication of parts replaced or upgraded other than a filter. And I find it hard to believe things haven't needed it after 175k miles. I think you're over extending w the same risk of issues coming up once you own it.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:999
Kamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to beholdKamanhart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
That sucks. But I don't think I would have given up on the white one so easily. That's a great negotiating tactic. Maybe see if the owner is amenable to going to a dealer and having the problem diagnosed to see how much to get it fixed and deduct that amount from the price. If he won't do that, maybe he already knew and knows its a costly job. If he is willing to go to a dealer, then he probably didn't know and its worth finding out.
I don't like the red one. I see no indication of parts replaced or upgraded other than a filter. And I find it hard to believe things haven't needed it after 175k miles. I think you're over extending w the same risk of issues coming up once you own it.
I would tend to agree with this, the red one looked like it could have been rode pretty hard with everything in the pictures, and with that white one having all the maintenance reports you hand mentioned it would make me as a buyer sleep better. and like LowUFO said you can make that a haggling point and maybe get an even better deal.
Engineering- The art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2767
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Not so much of a fan of the red one as the white one... Would defenitely see if you could get the white one checked out with the 4x4.. Could just be something as simple as a bolt of linkage being loose. And might be able to get a better price from the guy. At least he has records of the truck and has kept it well maintained.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 AM

Yes it was a bummer, i thought i would drive the black truck home, im still interested in the white truck, but for a thousand more if i could find something with lower miles. Her is something which is very close to me. 01 dodge ram 1500 ext cab 4x4 with only 66K miles!!!It has some upgraded features and the only problem i see is clear coat pealing on the roof, but that sjows it is the original paint. What do you guys think, and cash talks.http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4136741160.html
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2767
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.2firefighter View Post
Yes it was a bummer, i thought i would drive the black truck home, im still interested in the white truck, but for a thousand more if i could find something with lower miles. Her is something which is very close to me. 01 dodge ram 1500 ext cab 4x4 with only 66K miles!!!It has some upgraded features and the only problem i see is clear coat pealing on the roof, but that sjows it is the original paint. What do you guys think, and cash talks.http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4136741160.html
Real nice truck but a little pricey for an 01. The roof you could also ways just sand down and rockerguard it black for shits and giggles. I hate when caps don't match the truck though.. So you could always sell that to make some of the money back. Does the owner have any records or any known issues with the truck?
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 11-12-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Real nice truck but a little pricey for an 01. The roof you could also ways just sand down and rockerguard it black for shits and giggles. I hate when caps don't match the truck though.. So you could always sell that to make some of the money back. Does the owner have any records or any known issues with the truck?
I would sell that topper, i wonder how much i could get out of it, he sent me some pictures of the interior and it looks mint, the dash has been replaced and has aftermarket radio system. He says runs and drives like a dream, everything works like new, just had the oil changed and newer tires. For 66k what all would start or should be replaced do you think? Also if i were to make him an offer, what would you offer him? Thanks, Chase
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

I like the mileage on that one and the paintwork could be fixed for under a grand. I would offer six thou for it. But again, if you're maxing out your budget, how will you affect repairs to the paint?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
I like the mileage on that one and the paintwork could be fixed for under a grand. I would offer six thou for it. But again, if you're maxing out your budget, how will you affect repairs to the paint?
This guy sent me pictures of the interior on the red one with 66k on it, it is more than mint, he even replaced the dash! Talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack haha. Now this is 1500 more than my budget allowed for, but, this has only 66k miles, which should not require major repairs anytime soon which i was expecting on the cheaper higher mileage truck.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well, other than the paint, it looks cool. Make him an offer. Lets get you in a Ram before the New Year..