DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Total Load Control!
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
tonneaucovered.com
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Default Jpop8807 Ram 1500 St

Hey guys, I'm Josh. When I came back from overseas I really wanted a 4wd. My wife said as long as I don't go upside down. I owed 15800 on a 2011 Tacoma Prerunner. Well I found a single cab 2011 Ram 1500 in Belton for 13000. Both the trucks had roughly 130k on them. Yet the Ram I assumed used to be a work truck. Bare bones with 4wd and Tow Package (trailer brake and stuff) At first me, and my wife were hesitant because KBB said my Taco was only worth 12900 after I beat the **** out of it. The dealer offered me 18k So after tax tag n title I owe 10k on my Ram. Which made the wife happy 387 a month to 180. Anyways without further hesitation here she is when I got her. Side note quick comparison to my Tacoma.
Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner rides much smoother then the Ram. I'm assuming its because of less weight, and stock bilsteins. We have a decently rough dirt road that has a 40mph speed limit tacoma had no issues flying down it. The Ram on the other hand even at 30 felt like it wanted to lose control (both in 2wd). I feel every bump in the road with the Ram. Honestly the pick up feels about the same. Obviously the ram tows more. The Ram being a base model kinda sucks hand cranking windows no fun. No power locks either so i tend to forget to lock my darn truck lol. I do like how roomy it is for a regular cab, and the wider bed. Also performance doesn't feel like it suffers with my sportbike in the back. The Rams headlights look new but they suck. The stock tacoma has much brighter headlights. Tacoma has much better approach angle. I slammed the **** out of the front bumper at Hidden Falls adventure park. Its pretty caved in well the bottom of the Ram.

Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Default Things I want to do to it

I'll break this into categories including maintaince since I did get it with 130000, and absolutely no service records. If you feel I'm missing something, or should add something to the list of stuff I want to do feel free to chime in. All the stuff I'm listing unless noted otherwise is still on a to do list. **<signify completed tasks

Maint. (No point in upgrading stuff until I know she's taken care of)
Brake pads- ** Changed those 2 weeks ago, and resurfaced the rotors
Trans flush/filter change-It used to be a work truck hole for gooseneck and all but they took the attachment out now I just have a hole.
Coolant Flush-Might be overdue
Differential flush- I heard if it was used to tow I should look into fresh diff fluid
Alignment- Probably going to get a lifetime deal somewhere
Spark plugs-No idea if they have ever been changed
Door Seals- I get a loud whistling in my cab my drivers door seal is pretty dry rotted
Rear Brake light seal- I keep having water leak into my truck heard its from the roof rear brake light thing
Lube everything
Differential Breather mod- I know with tacomas the breather sat too low and the rear dif ended up with water/sludge in it
Cabin Air filter mod- My truck interior is constantly full of dust even with the windows up should help with that

Interior
Power Lock kit
Power window kit
Component Speakers
1 sub with amp
Seat covers- Found these nice ones online for 250 fit like a glove come with molle attachments
GPS- Possibly the slightly more expensive garmin with backup camera

Performance
Diablosport tuner
Afe Stage 2 intake
Magnaflow Exhaust
Suspension- Most likely Mopar 2 inch lift replaces all shocks with bilstien, and 2 inch lift springs for the rear don't plan on going 35s
Wheels and Tires- **Purchased American Outlaws- with Cooper ATP 285/70R17E load- they were on sale rides rough but I hear e load lasts a while might move up to 285/75 in future
Limited slip- I hear they make a world of difference, Tacoma came stock with one
Locker- I hear good things about ARB air lockers

Exterior
Bumpers- I'm between KORE, and Addictive Desert Designs. A.D.D. is way more expensive but has a winch mount built in. Both provide great approach angles hence not looking into ranch hand n
such
Rock Sliders- Haven't found any I like since I'm not going high just want a pure slider vs the step ones
Lighting- Most likely Rigid or baja designs for a light bar. Also looking for brighter headlight solution
Fender flare- I noticed since this truck has none rocks eat the **** out of my rocker panels. Might just custom rig something or get the OEM/Smaller bushwackers
External outlet- Might have to find a build thread to help with this. I liked my tacomas outlet in the bed
Tool Box- **Purchased craigslist 150 for a normal tractor supply box**

Overlanding/Supplies
More Tools
Bottle jack or hi lift
Ice Scraper
Squeegee
Low Pro cross lug wrench
Axe
Hitch Shackle
Paper Towels/TP
Tool Bag
Funnel